Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

UFC 85: Spike Makes Right....as in Airing it on Spike would be the right call.....

Oh and I was at Arco Arena last night for the Faber/Pulver fight....the crowd was a sellout and on fire......it seemed like every other fight had a guy fighting out of Sacramento, CA,

They are saying that Kimbo tapped during that part. Remember how he was in that standing Guillotine and then all the sudden was put of it when the camera came back?

They're also saying that the crowd saw the tap and voiced their disapproval at the end of the fight...Was anyone else wondering why they booed Kimbo? That explains it.

They're also saying that the crowd saw the tap and voiced their disapproval at the end of the fight...Was anyone else wondering why they booed Kimbo? That explains it.

Unfortunately, all of this controversy is just going to help them sell the next Kimbo fight. Sure, true MMA fans are done with Kimbo, but now he's got a ton of casual fans that see him as a big name and will pay to watch him.

Oh and I was at Arco Arena last night for the Faber/Pulver fight....the crowd was a sellout and on fire......it seemed like every other fight had a guy fighting out of Sacramento, CA,

That was a great show. And the thing is, their next one the first weekend of August might be better. That is really a good promotion, and is really gaining some steam.

another former WWE star set to make MMA debut: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6399&zoneid=13

6399-lashley-photo.jpg

The American Fight League has signed former WWE wrestling star Bobby Lashley to a multi-fight contract, demarking the beginning of his mixed martial arts (MMA) career. The official announcement was made in front of a full crowd in Atlanta during the AFL: BulletProof event held at Philips Arena on Friday, May 30.

Since announcing his exit from professional wrestling there have been murmurs that the goliath-like Bobby Lashley would be making a move into MMA. Long anticipated and much speculated, the signing of Bobby Lashley to fight in the American Fight League will finally put all the rumors to rest. He will compete in the heavyweight division.

Joining the AFL will mark Lashley’s entrance into the sport of competitive MMA. With a long history in competitive wrestling, MMA is a natural progression for the championship level athlete. He attended Missouri Valley College where he was a three-time National Amateur Wrestling Champion and four-time All-American. Lashley went on to join the United States Army where he continued to wrestle and was a two-time Armed Forces Champion and a 2002 Silver Medalist at the Military World Championships.

he was a great wrestler in college, if he does well with the small AFL promotion, maybe we see move up some day.

Was a great wrestler in college, if he does well with the small AFL promotion, maybe we see move up some day.

Bobby Lashley is a hell of an athlete. I thought he had pondered this a few months ago and decided against it. But I guess I was wrong.

I am pretty sure we will see him in a larger promotion pretty quickly, maybe within a year. I think he is a lot further along than Kimbo, but might not have the buzz that he had. We'll see, but I think he could be something a little further down the line.

lash.jpg

EliteXC is MMA's most watched event ever: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=13036

CBS's broadcast of EliteXC "Primetime" last Saturday lived up to its moniker, becoming the most watched live MMA event ever for both basic and cable programming.

The sport's first live foray into broadcast television netted an average of 4.9 million viewers during its 9 p.m.-11:51 p.m. broadcast, according to CBS. "Primetime" peaked at 11:30-11:51 p.m., when 6.51 million viewers tuned in to watch Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson battle back from deficit to earn a third-round TKO over James Thompson (Pictures).

Mixed martial arts' previous high-mark had been held by a Spike TV telecast of UFC 75 "Champion vs. Champion" on September 8, 2007. The live broadcast of the tape-delayed event captured 4.7 million average viewers and peaked with 5.6 million eyes during its world-class caliber pairing of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Dan Henderson (Pictures). Jackson earned a five-round unanimous decision.

and here is Bas Rutten's take on the Kimbo fight (says he thinks the fight could've been stopped in the 2nd): http://www.fightline.com/news/2008/63/bas_rutten_325603.shtml

I hope UFC 85 turns out to be more than folks expect. Would love to see Brandon come back from his badly broken hand with a good fight and a win (given that he is my bother-in-law I am a bit biased). Definitely Vera over Werdum Saturday.

Andrei Arlovski has signed with Affliction and will be fighting Ben Rothwell in July

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4502/report-andrei-arlovski-signs-with-affliction.mma

Should be interesting to see how Rothwell does in his toughest test to date.

I am hoping to attend this event. Tickets are $$$$$$ though.

That card is going to be amazing. It's going to be the best HW card I think I've ever seen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affliction_Banned

How did I miss Vitor Belfort on the Affliction card? Was he just added recently, or did I just not notice before?

I still don't get why people have that love affair with Belfort. As Tito said, he's a mental midget. :silly:

Why is Aleksander vs Buentello on the UNDERCARD?!

Affliction is owning the HW division right now, and downright makes the UFC look stupid. Way to go Dana! The most important division in MMA, and you've got one fighter? Oh wait, that's right, you signed Brock. :rolleyes: