Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Franklin all class as usual

I love Franklin, nicest guy ever. Probably nicest fighter I've ever met.

GSP is a beast if he stays patient. If he goes in to every fight like that he will be almost impossible to beat. 4 out of 5. Kalib needs to look up "fight" in the dictionary.

Kalib isn't going to get a chance to "fight" again in the UFC with the crap he just pulled. No way Dana White gives him another contract after this. No way.

Something so hot about a chick who watches UFC, wait did I say that outloud.

Something so hot about a guy who picks effing Serra to beat GSP the second go-around.......:doh: :laugh:

:doh:

Precisely! All you all are crazy who picked Serra over GSP! :silly: :laugh:

Lutter played Nickleback....and thus was his downfall. You can't actually enjoy something that craptacular and expect it to do anything but bad for your life.....**** NICKLEBACK......YOU WORTHLESS TALENTLESS............HAMSTER WHEEL-TURNING, POWER-BALLAD PLAYING, SOUL-SUCKING excuses for musicians.....

Lutter looked pathetic right around the time Rich escaped the armbar. to gas out a minute into the 2nd round is horrible, he had no stand up defense, and his shots were incredibly lazy. Rich did good to finish him.

Kaleb Starnes, if he has any fights left on his contract, they will never be televised and he will be cut as soon as possible. i was laughing when i heard the judge scored it 30-24. i knew this fight would be boring and wondered why it made the main card. Quarry deserved a better opponent.

Demian Maia in the prelims had one of the best triangles i've seen against Ed Herman. i look forward to seeing him against some of the top fighters @ 185lbs. he is easily one of the best BJJ guys in the UFC right now, same category as Big Nog & BJ Penn. i hope they match him up with Ricardo Almeida next.

GSP did what he was supposed to do. he didn't really try to stand and instead chose to work his ground and pound. I would've liked to see GSP stand a little more just to prove he could do it. He's probably has the best "MMA" wrestling ability out there right now, others may have better pedigrees and achievements, but nobody uses wrestling in the cage as well as GSP. Jon Fitch is next, but i don't see him throwing any at GSP he hasn't seen before.

Lutter played Nickleback....and thus was his downfall. You can't actually enjoy something that craptacular and expect it to do anything but bad for your life.....**** NICKLEBACK......YOU WORTHLESS TALENTLESS............HAMSTER WHEEL-TURNING, POWER-BALLAD PLAYING, SOUL-SUCKING excuses for musicians.....

:laugh: That's exactly what I said when the idiot walked out...Nickelback!?! Are you fricking kidding me!?! That choice of music and the fact that it's well known in the MMA world that Lutter is continually out of shape, unable to make weight, etc. led me to forsee this butt-kicking :D Oh yeah, and I like Franklin :)

Starnes should be run out of town!

Lutter, WTF? I expected a hell of a lot more out of him. You never know what Travis Lutter is going to show up for a fight, I thought he was finally over that. If Franklin can keep his edge against Silva he's got a shot.

GSP owned Serra, I think it's obvious now Serra's win was a fluke and he doesn't deserve the belt. Hell, he doesn't even deserve to be in the top 5 @ 185 IMO.

I loved seeing Herman go out, he's a ***** and I'm tired of seeing him get fights. He's obviously the Taylor Jacobs of MMA, good in practice but sucks come gametime.

IMO GSP is the PFP best fighter in MMA right now. Dude is so much more well rounded than Silva. OK, you've got me; I'm just not a Silva fan. Minus his chin show me a weakness in GSP's game right now. Silva can be sub'd and has yet to fight a guy who takes the fight to him. Everyone he fights allows him to dictate the fight, GSP or Machida would never do that. Bisping doesn't have a chance against Silva.

lutter got his ass handed to him

serra looked like the scrub he is. hes only fought and won one fight since winning the scrub comeback TUF. shoulda known.

MAC DANZIG OWNS!

bisping did his best but the guy didnt stand a chance. he is at his natural weight and will be a force.

quarry looked like ****. only because that ***** ran from him for 3 rounds and he couldnt fight him. it must suck to chase a guy so long that you can make fun of him and he doesnt even fight back

japanese dude got PWND!!

and IM DRUNK! WOW! 6 shots of tequila and I LOVE PBR

PBR FTW!!

Lutter, WTF? I expected a hell of a lot more out of him. You never know what Travis Lutter is going to show up for a fight, I thought he was finally over that. If Franklin can keep his edge against Silva he's got a shot.

GSP owned Serra, I think it's obvious now Serra's win was a fluke and he doesn't deserve the belt. Hell, he doesn't even deserve to be in the top 5 @ 185 IMO.

I loved seeing Herman go out, he's a ***** and I'm tired of seeing him get fights. He's obviously the Taylor Jacobs of MMA, good in practice but sucks come gametime.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thank-You ZoED. I saw the "submission of the night" and laughed my butt off. Herman is such a jackass! I met him at a fight before and not only was he a total d-bag and full of himself, but he was a moron to boot. Probably didn't help that he met my boyfriend in the warm-up area before the fight and made fun of him for drinking Pedialyte after cutting 17 lbs. for the fight. Maybe Pedialyte would have helped Herman from going to sleep tonight...but doubtful, hahaha!

*Disclaimer: Sorry boys, but yes, I am vengeful like that...screw Herman! :D Plus, I don't respect those Quest boys like I used to back in the day...

P.S. Serra isn't in the top 5 for 185, they were fighting for the welterweight (170 lb.) belt...but I agree, GSP underestimated Serra first go-around and Serra's win was a fluke. I, however, would LOVE to see GSP move up to 185 and challenge Silva for the belt. I think that would be a great match-up!

Something so hot about a guy who picks effing Serra to beat GSP the second go-around.......:doh: :laugh:

Something so hot about a woman who picks the winners when odd's are 5:1 in there favor, stroke of genius it is. :laugh:

Where were you when I picked Serra the first time? I like underdogs especially scrappy ones and Serra is scrappy. Serra's biggest downfall is unfortunately something he can't change. his height and reach.

Herman vs Maia- Loves me some Ed Herman despite his blockheaded demeanor. Don't think I've seen Maia which doesn't mean I should ignore him but I gotta go with the stooge. Herman by G&P but not before almost getting submitted early. :)

Stout vs Clementi- Sammy KOs Rich.

MacDonald vs Doerksen- Is Joe a TUF fighter? Who cares. McDonald subs him.

Danzig vs Bocek- Mac by decision.

Bisping vs Mcarthy- The Count by decision.

Starnes vs Quarry- So hard to pick this one but I have to go with Quarry's toughness over Starnes' talent. I like both fighters a lot though. I think I'm actually rooting for Kaleb.

Franklin vs Lutter- I've already gone out on a limb and called Franklin a broken fighter. What a classy guy, what a good man for this sport but he cracks tonight and loses by rear naked choke to Travis, whom I haven't been impressed by yet. (Go Rich. I love ya man.)

The Main Event- Matt "the Terra" :) Serra defends his belt vs George St. Pierre-

I have a sig bet with SkinsOrlando on this one and I've got St. Pierre. Orlando wants to slap a sig on me pretty badly so I hope Matt's heavy hands and bullish groundwork don't make lightning strike twice in the octagon.

GSP by KTFO.

I went 5-3 on outcomes, once again not very good on "win by."

Ed Herman should be shown the UFC exit at this point. I'm shocked that Stout lost. I owe Rich Franklin a personal "my bad."

Mac Danzig vs. Mark Bocek: Bocek will put up a decent fight, but Danzig gets the sub in the 2nd round

Danzig by Submission, 2nd round

Michael Bisping vs. Charles McCarthy: McCarthy will gas as this gets out the first round and will be stopped in the 2nd

Bisping by TKO, 2nd Round

Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes: why is this fight on the main card?

Starnes by Unanimous Decision

Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter: Franklin will try to keep this fight standing, Lutter will do nothing but look for the takedown. a potentially boring fight, hope i'm wrong though. Lutter can take a shot, so i don't think Franklin will KO him standing, and if it goes to the ground, Franklin would be in more trouble than Lutter.

Franklin by unanimous decision

Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre: Serra will come out look to strike quick, GSP will look for the takedown early i believe. Serra has great BJJ, so GSP will have to be aware of that. i think it will be a good fight, but ultimately GSP wil land something that will stop Serra

GSP by TKO, 1st Round

i went 4 out of 5, the world may be coming to an end now.

only loss was because Starnes ran for 3 rounds:

ricieg.jpgsxjfc1.gif

Something so hot about a woman who picks the winners when odd's are 5:1 in there favor, stroke of genius it is. :laugh:

Where were you when I picked Serra the first time? I like underdogs especially scrappy ones and Serra is scrappy. Serra's biggest downfall is unfortunately something he can't change. his height and reach.

Touche :D And you're right, Serra's never going to change his "hobbit-ness" and shorter reach, and I'll defnitely agree with you that he's a scrappy dude.

Oh yeah, and last April I clearly remember where I was...I was screaming at my boyfriend to shut up and stop dancing around the room celebrating that Serra had TKO'd GSP and "beat Canada!" :laugh:

Touche :D And you're right, Serra's never going to change his "hobbit-ness" and shorter reach, and I'll defnitely agree with you that he's a scrappy dude.

Oh yeah, and last April I clearly remember where I was...I was screaming at my boyfriend to shut up and stop dancing around the room celebrating that Serra had TKO'd GSP and "beat Canada!" :laugh:

Thats funny, thats how my friends were when Hughes beat GSP.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thank-You ZoED. I saw the "submission of the night" and laughed my butt off. Herman is such a jackass! I met him at a fight before and not only was he a total d-bag and full of himself, but he was a moron to boot. Probably didn't help that he met my boyfriend in the warm-up area before the fight and made fun of him for drinking Pedialyte after cutting 17 lbs. for the fight. Maybe Pedialyte would have helped Herman from going to sleep tonight...but doubtful, hahaha!

*Disclaimer: Sorry boys, but yes, I am vengeful like that...screw Herman! :D Plus, I don't respect those Quest boys like I used to back in the day...

P.S. Serra isn't in the top 5 for 185, they were fighting for the welterweight (170 lb.) belt...but I agree, GSP underestimated Serra first go-around and Serra's win was a fluke. I, however, would LOVE to see GSP move up to 185 and challenge Silva for the belt. I think that would be a great match-up!

185lbs :doh: I was drunk, sorry. He wouldn't even be in the top 100 @185. If you watched the pre fight hype show on Spike the other night you saw Serra getting his ass handed to him over and over again. That's why he was on the "last chance TUF". He's a great coach/teacher but a terrible fighter.

Don't let that take anything away from GSP; when I think PFP most well rounded fighter he's the guy. I wasn't a big fan of his at first but the guy is a beast. When he out wrestled Koshceck and Hughes I told people that he was about to go on a tear. I would not be suprised to see him go up in weight and fight Silva. If he can close the gap and take away Silva's range he wins. If he can stay away from Silva's reach and get him to the ground, he wins. If he gets caught on his chin he's done. I dogged him a little on here before but not since he handled Hughes the way he did.

Herman is a douchebag, don't know why the UFC is so high on him. He hasn't done a damn thing since coming to the UFC accept get his ass beat.

Keeastman, what weight class does your man fight in? Do we know him? My wife has a friend she went to school with who fights in the UFC @ 185.

185lbs :doh: I was drunk, sorry. He wouldn't even be in the top 100 @185. If you watched the pre fight hype show on Spike the other night you saw Serra getting his ass handed to him over and over again. That's why he was on the "last chance TUF". He's a great coach/teacher but a terrible fighter.

Don't let that take anything away from GSP; when I think PFP most well rounded fighter he's the guy. I wasn't a big fan of his at first but the guy is a beast. When he out wrestled Koshceck and Hughes I told people that he was about to go on a tear. I would not be suprised to see him go up in weight and fight Silva. If he can close the gap and take away Silva's range he wins. If he can stay away from Silva's reach and get him to the ground, he wins. If he gets caught on his chin he's done. I dogged him a little on here before but not since he handled Hughes the way he did.

Herman is a douchebag, don't know why the UFC is so high on him. He hasn't done a damn thing since coming to the UFC accept get his ass beat.

Keeastman, what weight class does your man fight in? Do we know him? My wife has a friend she went to school with who fights in the UFC @ 185.

i wouldn't call Serra a terrible fighter, he's only lost 5 times, one of which being on a miracle spinning back fist.

i'm not at all saying he's top level, but to say he's terrible is ridiculous. i definitely think he'd be much better suited and more competitive at 155lbs though.

i wouldn't call Serra a terrible fighter, he's only lost 5 times, one of which being on a miracle spinning back fist.

i'm not at all saying he's top level, but to say he's terrible is ridiculous. i definitely think he'd be much better suited and more competitive at 155lbs though.

OK, so he'd kick my ass. I'm not saying he can't fight but the dude has done nothing in the UFC, nothing. He was okay in TUF but not great. He got lucky against GSP, you know that. No way he should have beat GSP. He's not even in the top 10 in the weight class right now. 5 losses is a lot in the UFC, there's guys out that have lost less.

Like I said, he's a great BJJ guy and a great teacher, he's just not a great fighter. 155 is way too deep for him to be champion there. I mean isn't that what guys fight for? To be champion.

OK, so he'd kick my ass. I'm not saying he can't fight but the dude has done nothing in the UFC, nothing. He was okay in TUF but not great. He got lucky against GSP, you know that. No way he should have beat GSP. He's not even in the top 10 in the weight class right now. 5 losses is a lot in the UFC, there's guys out that have lost less.

Like I said, he's a great BJJ guy and a great teacher, he's just not a great fighter. 155 is way too deep for him to be champion there. I mean isn't that what guys fight for? To be champion.

of course you fight to be champion, but if only championship contenders were fighting, there would only be about 3 or 4 guys in each division. i was simply saying he has a better chance to win the title at 155 than 170. alot of guys continue to fight even though they'll never be champions. you can say for alot of guys in every division.

everybody knows that GSP should've won the first match, but thats why they fight, he still has to prove it. if serra does nothing else for the rest of his career, he still KO'd the man who could supplant Matt Hughes as the greatest WW ever, even if it was lucky:D . i do agree that Serra is probably best suited at coaching

Serra deserves more credit than that. I don't think he got "lucky" in the first fight. He just had the perfect gameplan against GSP's poor gameplan. He straight boxed him and GSP let him. You have to give him credit for knocking out one of the best PFP fighters out there.

These last fights were his only fights at 170. He is a 155'er. I am excited to see him fight some people in that division.

BTW, how cool would it have been if Serra's entrance music was "Team America's" theme?

AMERICA! F___K YEAH!

The crowd would have went nuts.

IMO GSP is the PFP best fighter in MMA right now. Dude is so much more well rounded than Silva. OK, you've got me; I'm just not a Silva fan. Minus his chin show me a weakness in GSP's game right now. Silva can be sub'd and has yet to fight a guy who takes the fight to him. Everyone he fights allows him to dictate the fight, GSP or Machida would never do that. Bisping doesn't have a chance against Silva.

You can say the same things about GSP that you did about Silva. GSP dictates his fights too. Wouldn't you say that Lutter tried to bring the fight to Silva but got beat by his own game? GSP got subbed by the submission machine Matt Hughes so don't say he can't be subbed.

No one in the world at 185 his a shot against Silva. GSP would be his toughest fight and I think Silva would win 8 out of 10 of those.

Machida would be an interesting fight. but I don;t think he wants to drop to 185.

As much as there isn't any excitement about a title challenger at 185, there is some exitement about some contender matches.

I'd like to see Rich vs. Henderson or Leben

Okami vs' Marquartd

Really any of those 5 guys fight except Okami-Franklin.

If McDonald looked good last nigh you could throw him in there. I haven't looked up that outcome yet.

Franklin looks to be the gate-keeper at 185.