Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Wasn't Jardine being really arrogant before the fight and at the weigh-ins and stuff since Houston was basically a no-name at the time?

I think if he beats Thiago Silva he's going to get a big-name fight.

That's true, he was. But I think a portion of the pre-fight trash talk is staged. They tell some of the fighters what to say, if there's no beef. Even Randy was forced to squeeze a little arrogance out for some of his pre-fight interviews.

Thiago is the test for Houston. I can't help but remember how Jardine was about an inch away from catching Houston's whole chin. Houston may have learned a lot from that, or he took it with a grain of salt. He better be prepared for Thiago. If he beats him, I think we'll be seeing a man who could give Rampage some trouble.

UFC 80: Rapid Fire

B.J. Penn and Joe Stevenson are having an interim title match for the UFC Lightweight division. Date is set for January 19th in England. Sean Sherk's hearing has been delayed again, until December 4th. Gabriel Gonzaga and Fabrico Werdum are the other fight that has been announced for the card.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=9845

UFC 80: Rapid Fire

B.J. Penn and Joe Stevenson are having an interim title match for the UFC Lightweight division. Date is set for January 19th in England. Sean Sherk's hearing has been delayed again, until December 4th. Gabriel Gonzaga and Fabrico Werdum are the other fight that has been announced for the card.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=9845

Thank you, Str0ke. You are the Bubba of this thread. :)

I always felt like Diaz was overrated anyway. The guy is a warrior no doubt with a big heart but he gets severly hyped up..

Truthfully, I always felt the same way. I was way more excited about Kimbo fighting tonight than Diaz. I figured Diaz would win since Noon was I believe 5-2 coming in to this fight. But Diaz looked like Cro Cop vs. Chiek Kongo out there. No aggression, no gameplan, no HEART. It was a pretty lame performance. Noon, on the other hand, handled his buisiness.

Damn Kimbo ended that fight fast, I've never seen a guy go down and tap out after two hits like that. DAMN

that fight damn near looked fixed to be honest. the uppercut hit flush in the body, but the elbow to the head didn't even land squard and the guy tapped before kimbo landed any solid shots. I look forward to seeing Kimbo fight again, but that fight looked staged.

Diaz got ****ed up in the first round :laugh:

that fight damn near looked fixed to be honest. the uppercut hit flush in the body, but the elbow to the head didn't even land squard and the guy tapped before kimbo landed any solid shots. I look forward to seeing Kimbo fight again, but that fight looked staged.

Diaz got ****ed up in the first round :laugh:

I dunno, that backfist Kimbo's opponent threw was meant to land. Kimbo didn't even react to it besides with a semi-sidestep. If it was staged, Kimbo would have ducked it and attacked. Also, the elbow left a red mark above dude's eyebrow. I think Kimbo is just so daunting that the guy found himself on his fat stomach and realized he was out-powered. That wasn't even something you'd want to make a staged fight look like. People would rather talk about a 3 minute ass-beating than a 19 second tap out due to 2 strikes.

I dunno, that backfist Kimbo's opponent threw was meant to land. Kimbo didn't even react to it besides with a semi-sidestep. If it was staged, Kimbo would have ducked it and attacked. Also, the elbow left a red mark above dude's eyebrow. I think Kimbo is just so daunting that the guy found himself on his fat stomach and realized he was out-powered. That wasn't even something you'd want to make a staged fight look like. People would rather talk about a 3 minute ass-beating than a 19 second tap out due to 2 strikes.

i see what you're saying. Maybe the fight wasn't fixed, but the guy he fought (who was fighting on short notice) definitely wasn't there to fight. He went out like a ***** in my opinion.

i see what you're saying. Maybe the fight wasn't fixed, but the guy he fought (who was fighting on short notice) definitely wasn't there to fight. He went out like a ***** in my opinion.

He definitely did go out like a *****. I don't think the fight was staged at all though. That shot hit him right behind the ear and that's painful as hell to get hit there, but you can't just fall down, cover your head and tap out when you're still wide awake, that's just embarassing! :laugh:

I wish the Tank fight would happen, I think that would be a better fight for Kimbo, either way Bas Rutten speaks very highly of Kimbo and his work ethic in the gym, Bas think's he has what it takes to be serious contender and even a champion eventually. That's amazing because Kimbo has never had any formal training before.

And Nick Diaz needs to get off the weed.

I'm a Nick Diaz fan but I have to give credit to KJ Noone. He simply hit harder than Nick and had great takedown defense. Diaz will want a rematch and it will be interesting to see one.

Kimbo proved nothing last night except that he can still throw a thunderous punch. I wish we had seen more.