Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

He's not going to score one against Matt Hughes.

Hughes is going to kill him , I can't stand Serra he beat St Pierre I give him that , altho 2 out of 3 fights with him , he would lose , but now he acts like he is some accomplished champion .. he is a weiner

Didn't get to see tonights fights. I think there's a replay Saturday at 3 P.M. Can't wait for the Saturday night event. Chuck Liddell vs. Jardine & Shogun vs. Forrest. I already have a feel how the three main fights will pan out in my opinion. I'll have my picks up soon.

Spoilers for tonight (September 20th)

Quarry knocked out Pete Sell early in the third. Sell lasted longer than the last time they faught, but Quarry is just too talented for Sell, I guess.

Diaz won by submission late in the first. I was thinking Diaz would suprise Assuncao with his boxing skills...but it was more of a hunch than what the majority would expect with these two fighting. Good job Nate.

In the biggest suprise, Leben KNOCKED OUT Terry Martin. Last time I saw Martin he was throwing haymakers galore. Good for Leben...anybody know if he dropped the ****y attitude and the "look, you better fear me" hair?

Florian choked out Thomas late in the first. Florian seems to be on a mission. I say give him Sherk in 4 months, so Sherk can lose the 'roids in his system. Flo is focused as hell and he really has my attention. But I don't know if he could ever survive the Sherk I saw last time. Maybe losing the 'roids will make Sherk slower, at least, Florian better hope so.

In the biggest suprise, Leben KNOCKED OUT Terry Martin. Last time I saw Martin he was throwing haymakers galore. Good for Leben...anybody know if he dropped the ****y attitude and the "look, you better fear me" hair?

Good to see Martin get knocked out but I really don't like either one of these guys. Neither are top-tier middleweights and both of them look fairly out of shape.

Florian choked out Thomas late in the first. Florian seems to be on a mission. I say give him Sherk in 4 months, so Sherk can lose the 'roids in his system. Flo is focused as hell and he really has my attention. But I don't know if he could ever survive the Sherk I saw last time. Maybe the 'roids will make Sherk slower, at least, Florian better hope so.

I didn't like the way this fight ended. I picked Florian to win but I would've liked to see what Thomas had to offer, but you can't do much fighting with a blown-out knee.

GREAT night of fights. The free ones are always better than the PPVs.

Leben vs. Martin was awesome. Chris fought smarter because he found out right away how hard Martin hits. In the 3rd round, Terry had Leben ready to fall with 2 mean shots. All of a sudden, Chris just said "F it, I'm going out swinging." He FLATTENED Terry with a desperation left hook! Hilarious.

Quarry vs. Sell was a very similar stand up brawl and eneded very much the same way. 3rd round, Sell was starting to land a LOT of hard shots. Nate dug in, swung away and dropped Pete like a bag of hammers. Quarry definitely proved the first KO was no bad stoppage. He even invited Pete to get up, just to make sure Sell would have no complaining to do afterword.

GREAT night of fights. The free ones are always better than the PPVs.

Leben vs. Martin was awesome. Chris fought smarter because he found out right away how hard Martin hits. In the 3rd round, Terry had Leben ready to fall with 2 mean shots. All of a sudden, Chris just said "F it, I'm going out swinging." He FLATTENED Terry with a desperation left hook! Hilarious.

Quarry vs. Sell was a very similar stand up brawl and eneded very much the same way. 3rd round, Sell was starting to land a LOT of hard shots. Nate dug in, swung away and dropped Pete like a bag of hammers. Quarry definitely proved the first KO was no bad stoppage. He even invited Pete to get up, just to make sure Sell would have no complaining to do afterword.

quarry only proved he's a better fighter than Sell, their first fight was still a BS stoppage. Quarry most likely would've still won the first fight, but the stoppage was BS nevertheless.

quarry only proved he's a better fighter than Sell, their first fight was still a BS stoppage. Quarry most likely would've still won the first fight, but the stoppage was BS nevertheless.

Probably true, as I did see the first one and Sell was trying to get up and defend himself. In the rematch last night, Sell dropped Quarry (in the 1st rd?) with a beautiful shot (just like the punch he took from Nate) and Nate got up as quickly as Pete tried to in their first fight. If I were Pete I'd be pissed that the ref didn't step in then.

i wanna pick an upset this weekend but i have no idea where

So true.

I so badly want to see Forrest come through in a shocker but I just don't think he has the technical prowess to beat Rua.

Jardine has a puncher's chance and anything can happen in the octagon, but Chuck's so fast with his strikes, I can't see Keith getting out of the first round.

The most even matchup seems to be Sanchez and Fitch. I'm not a fan of Diego Sanchez. I hope jon Fitch submits him.

Main Fight Picks:

Nakamura vs. Machida

Machida by submission. Nakamura hasn't fought in damn near a year and that was when he lost to Shogun by decision. Despite the fact that Nakamura has fought some of the best fighters in the world, Machida beat David Heath in April by decision, and has less rust to shake off, I say his record stays spotless.

Diego Sanchez vs. Jon Fitch

Very tough bout to call, both are very good fighters. Sanchez will be happy to come out and grind for all 3 rounds and take a decision because his cardio is so good. I know Fitch is preparing for this though. Fitch will be looking for the rear naked choke but he won't get it against Sanchez. Again, this is a tough pick but Sanchez has beaten so many really good welterweights that I have to give it to him. Sanchez is also still pissed about the loss to Josh Koscheck and he's here to win. Sanchez wins by TKO, not decision.

Shogun vs. Forest Griffin

Expect Griffin to come out and bang, and he can potentially catch Shogun off guard and take this fight given what it means to his career and given the fact that Pride fighters haven't fared so well in the octogon yet for some reason or another, but I'm sticking with my instincts here: Shogun by TKO.

Chuck vs. Keith Jardine

I love watching strikers and I'm not too cool to say that Chuck is probably my all-time favorite fighter so I can't lie, I'm just glad to see him back in the ring. This match will likely be a lot of heavy-handed fireworks and be very entertaining however long it lasts. I don't see it going pastthe mid point of round 2 at the very latest. Chuck is better than Jardine in all aspects of the game, especially the power, speed and angles of his punches and his chin, and he knows all of this. However, he also knows that Jardine can end things in one punch as well, so Chuck won't come into this match unprepared, he's tired of the criticism and wants to get back into contention. Chuck by (T)KO in round 1.

Anyone know where I can find the EliteXC show? I haven't seen it yet. And I've avoided this thread completely for almost a week to keep it that way....

I think they are replaying it tonight on Showtime,and Showtime is free this weekend. Maybe I'm thinking of next weekend though.

my predictions for tonights UFC 76 (remember i'm 100% correct 60% of the time:laugh: )

Liddell vs. Jardine: if Liddell is focused he takes this easy. Jardine is a solid fighter but nowhere near the level of skill that Liddell has. Jardines best hope is to leg kick Liddell early and often and try to drag him into the 3rd round.

Liddell by KO 1st round

Shogun vs. Forrest Griffin: Griffin is a decent fighter. i don't like him too much, but he definitely has some skills in the ring. That being said, Shogun is better in every aspect of the game. Shogun is an elite fighter and Forrest is just outside the top 10. Jardine beat Forrest, i really have a hard time seeing Forrest pull the upset. Forrest's best chance to win is if Shogun has a Pride flashback and starts to stomp his dome in. Shogun will take 1 round to get used to the cage and finish Griffin in the 2nd.

Shogun by ref stoppage due to strikes 2nd round

Diego Sanchez vs. Fitch: even matchup here. If fitch takes the Koscheck route, he'll win easy. Fitch is a much better striker than Sanchez and a better wrestler. Fitch is also good enough on the ground to stay out of Sanchez's subs. That being said Fitch is not Koscheck, he actually cares about being exciting for the crowd. He will push the pace, even if he doesn't have to. Sanchez does best against guys who come right at him. Still i think Fitch has enough tools to beat Sanchez in the end.

Fitch by UD.

Tyson Griffin vs. Thiago Tavares: this has fight of the year potential. Of all the fights tonight, this is one i want to see most. Tyson Griffin is always in wars. Tavares showed a complete set of skills against Jason Black. I thought that Guida actually should've gotten the decision he fought Griffin, and Tavares is ground wizard. Tyson has better striking. I see this being an absolute war with Tavares catching Griffin in a sub in round 3.

Tavares by sub 3rd round

Machida vs. Nak: Machida will be a tough matchup for anyone at LHW because of how technical his striking is. He knows how to stay away from danger. this will ultimately be his downfall as he isn't the most exciting of fighters. I like Machida but if he wants to get a title shot in the future, he has to start finishing some of his opponents, or at least be exciting while dominating them. He's a great fighter, and he will decision Nak.

Machdia by UD

UFC 76 Predictions:

Machida vs. Nak: I see Machida making a mistake in this one. Nak will take advantage and use his aggressiveness to pull out an "upset", if you will. Nak has faught some tough opponents, he has seen better than Machida. Ref stoppage, TKO G&P 2nd round.

Tavares vs. Griffin: Tavares is a mean S.O.B. Tyson Griffin impressed me in his last fight with Clay Guida, but whoever saw that fight can't convince me Clay didn't get jipped. Griffin snuck through that one, even though he faught like hell...and now he faces a VERY stout Thiago Tavares. Even though I think this is going the distance, it'll go unanimouosly for Tavares.

Sanchez vs. Fitch: I don't want to judge Diego by his last fight, maybe there was an injury or a family problem that made him seem docile. On the other hand, maybe it was Koscheck controlling the fight by establishing the jab that was just too on-point for Diego to try anything risky. Remember, Diego did almost have a choke on Kos at the end of the first round of their last fight. He is a mean dude, and so is Jon Fitch. But I'm gonna go by their track records for this one. Diego has dominated much tougher fighters than Fitch has...I think it's going to be a Split Decision for Diego, Fitch can actually handle Diego's mad-dog grappling mentality...but not enough to win.

Rua vs. Forrest: Who doesn't like Forrest Griffin? He dives in to fighting a war and doesn't care if he gets busted up. But as we saw with Forrest in his last fight, he actually showed a lot of patience, and a nice technical gameplan. His kicks chopped his opponent down. Forrest knows that he can't have a trading war with the likes of heavier hitters as he did with Stephan Bonnar. Forrest learned the hard way, against Jardine. Will learning that lesson help him against one of the most fearsome fighters in the world? Probably not. But then again, it's good to see progress out of such an exciting fan favorite. As far as Shogun, he needs to switch up his game. One of the reasons Rampage has done so well in the UFC is because he hasn't had to erase fascets of his style to accomidate the rules...except maybe stomping on the face of his opponent. Anyhow, Shogun is a Chuteboxer. A brutal, "when they're down **** them up" style of fighting. But now, he can't do a Sean Suisham to an opponents head when they are down. None of that brain damaging style anymore, Shogun. But will he really need that against Forrest? No. But! It's because Forrest is going to win by TKO at 0:30 of the first round. Take it to the bank.

Liddell vs. Jardine: Chuck is the centerpiece of the MMA revolution. Whether he's the best fighter or not, doesn't matter. It was the mohawk, the soft personality with the dynamite fists. It was the upside-the-head kick he wacked Tito with, it was KO'ing Tito twice. And let's not forget him making Randy Couture retire after giving him a double dose of Nyquil. The Iceman trunks, the tattoo on his temple, Chuck was a really cool champion. But when it comes down to it, the road just got a lot more cluttered for the 37 year old. Motivation is hard to have when you see the likes of Wanderlei, Shogun, Henderson, oh, and Rampage...standing in your way. But Chuck is a lot like Forrest, except he doesn't get hit as much. He just wants to fight. I think if Chuck was fighting somebody tougher than Jardine, it would be harder for him to get motivated. He will want to put on a show tonight. And other than beating a very stubborn Forrest, Jardine has done nothing but get a nice pop on Houston Alexander, before Houston made him say goodnight. I hesitate to say Chuck will win in the first, but the more I think about it...the first counter that connects by him will probably be the end. Chuck, TKO, late first round.

Diego/Fitch is the only fight I'm interested in. The rest are worthless. Thanks for a great PPV Dana! And to think the last one was free, but this one is full price. :doh:

I was just looking over the card and I agree.

I'll take diego, submission.

Interesting to know that Forest is the one that put his match up together.

This could be a bloody war.

Diego/Fitch is the only fight I'm interested in. The rest are worthless. Thanks for a great PPV Dana! And to think the last one was free, but this one is full price. :doh:

Thiago Tavares/Tyson Griffin will be a great fight and is the one i most want to see tonight.

i can't stand dana much either but he got put against a wall tryin to piece this card together. the original plans for this card had Liddell facing Silva. the main event is basically a showcase for Liddell now and i don't agree with that at all. but i think this card, while not providing the match-ups i most want to see, still has a good chance of delivering some good exciting fights.

I actually like this card. First of all, it's always fun seeing Chuck knock somebody out. Highlight reel material, if anything. Shogun is fighting, and if that isn't enough, he's fighting Forrest. 'Nuff said.

Diego/Fitch is a coin toss, and Taveres/Griffin will be a very fast paced war. I have a feeling this will be an entertaining night.

I'm pretty excited about every fight except the main event.

Machida-Nakamura should be good. Both of these guys are top ten; they just haven't gotten the exposure. I've got Machida by decision.

Tavares and Griffin will probably be the fight of the night. Both these guys are extremely skilled. I expect 3 rounds of awesomeness. I'll take Tavares by sub in the 3rd.

Diego-Fitch is a great matchup as well. Both guys are knocking on the door at the top. Both looking to impress. I've got Diego by stoppage in the 3rd.

Shogun-Griffin. Pride guys have not fared (faired?) well in the octogon. Griffin is tough. Glad to see Shogun not get a complete can in his debut. Shogin knocks him out in the 2nd.

Liddell-Jardine. I just hope Chuck gets out injury free so he can fight Silva in December.