Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How great are the Redskins?

Skinsfan5315

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The best at what?

The greatest of who?

I appreciate enthusiasm, but ya can't just come on here ans so "we are the best...blah,blah,blah..."

That's so "Cowboyish"

The read you read ES, the more you will see that there is a great deal of knowledge on this board, not just of the team as it stands now, but of the history of the organization.

Break the schedule down...break the linebacksers down...speak about coaching philosophy...tell us your best case scenarios under what circumstances, etc...you can be a homer...we all are...but we haven't done anything to prove we are the best yet...we have made some excoting moves...we are all excited about what lies ahead...

I have probably given this post more time than deserved...just read little brother...make your contribution...but don't just rah, rah, some vague statement that we are the best...we have a ways to go...but we're getting there.

The best at what?

The greatest of who?

I appreciate enthusiasm, but ya can't just come on here ans so "we are the best...blah,blah,blah..."

That's so "Cowboyish"

:laugh: :doh: :( :laugh: :applause: Yeah, this one screams of a typical Zone and not es post. :laugh:

:laugh: :doh: :( :laugh: :applause: Yeah, this one screams of a typical Zone and not es post. :laugh:

I'm glad we finally see eye to eye :D

But I still think the Cowpies suck, and we're the greatest...hee hee :cheers:

HTTR!

Hi ho this thread blows :applause: :applause:, :applause: :applause: :applause: , hi ho this thread blows :applause: :applause:, :applause: :applause: :applause: ...everyone sing along...hi ho this thread blows....la la, la la la... :applause: :applause: , :applause: :applause: :applause:

This is a tough question.

On the one hand, "best" is the superlative of "good", whereas "greatest" is the superlative of "great". And if I had to choose whether the Redskins were "good" or "great", I would say they were "great". Therefore, the Redskins should be the "greatest", rather than merely the "best".

On the other hand, "greatest" implies that other franchises can be described as "great". But we all know that isn't the case. Most of the other teams range somewhere from "complete jokes" to "meeeh", while a select few can be called "good". So maybe "best" would be more appropriate.

But then again, it doesn't say "greatest footballl team", it just says "greatest". And while the Redskins might be the only "great" NFL team, they are not the only entity that could be described as "great". The Beatles were great, for instance. The Grand Canyon is great. The Great Wall of China is Great - says so right in the name. Wayne Gretzsky was "The Great One". So, if the Redskins are greater than everything else which is "great", then they would be the "greatest".

However, are the Redskins really greater than the Beatles, the Grand Canyon, the Great Wall of China, and Wayne Gretzsky?

Ahh, who am I kidding? Of course they are...

1820032838.jpg

The Redskins are the Greatest...

Archived