Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brazil / France

zoony

This is the way France should play. They didn't show it in the last World Cup, and so far only in this one against Spain.

Now Brazil will have to show us what they've got as they haven't really been threatened before in this tournament.

Should be a good last thirty minutes.

i missed the goal.....someone 'splain it please...:)

Free kick on the left about thirty yards out near the sideline. Zidane curls the ball in over everyone's heads and Henri arrives late at the far post to volley first time into the roof of the net.

Brazil didn't show much. France deserved the win. Zidane looked great.

i missed the goal.....someone 'splain it please...:)

Zidane (sp?) snuck a long ball to Henry who volleyed it right in from the corner of the goalpost.

Zidane is the best soccer player I've seen so far in the tournament. Guy has complete control over the ball. And it doesn't even look like he's trying.

Wow...I can't believe Brazil lost, guess I gotta root for Germany now

I have been pulling for them all tournament. Also, they are the only ones left I would like to see win it.

France played two very good games in a row now. If they play like that against Portugal they should advance.

I think it will be, they are playing with a lot of passion, and Zidane is outstanding.....Henry isn't too shabby either :laugh:

And a lot of people thought that Brazil was going to take it all too:laugh:

I guess they were wrong.

McNaldo looked so fat. He was huffing and puffing out there.

He also played very well given the amazingly bad strategy by the Brazilian coach. The moron actually tried to come out in the first half and play defensive soccer - a skill his squad is without. He basically gave the game away only reverting back to traditional formations and strategy at the end... when they looked like Brazil again.

damn, 4 teams from europe in the semis......who to root for?

portugal by default for me. :(

Portugal because I like their style of soccer (head coach was Brazil's) and Italy. I can't stand Germany or France for some reason.

He also played very well given the amazingly bad strategy by the Brazilian coach. The moron actually tried to come out in the first half and play defensive soccer - a skill his squad is without. He basically gave the game away only reverting back to traditional formations and strategy at the end... when they looked like Brazil again.

I wasn't impressed by Ronaldo, despite the fact that he was the only Brazilian who really created any scoring chances. He had some amazingly blatant flops towards the end that should have been yellow cards but instead were called as fouls against France as it seemed the refs were trying to get Brazil back into the game.

Overall for the World Cup, a pretty disappointing performance for Brazil. Kept waiting for them to turn it on, but they just couldn't step up to a France team that is suddenly playing very well. I was especially disapointed in Ronaldinho--we don't get much European soccer in this country, so with all the hype, I was hoping for a display of his skill, but he didn't even seem to show up.

I'm still sticking with Italy to win it all, although Germany now has to be the favorite. I thought Portugal was uninspired today, and their flops and whining made the Azzuri look tough. I wouldn't mind France pulling it off for Zidane and Viera, however. Maybe we'll have an all blue final. :D

I wasn't impressed by Ronaldo, despite the fact that he was the only Brazilian who really created any scoring chances. He had some amazingly blatant flops towards the end that should have been yellow cards but instead were called as fouls against France as it seemed the refs were trying to get Brazil back into the game.

Overall for the World Cup, a pretty disappointing performance for Brazil. Kept waiting for them to turn it on, but they just couldn't step up to a France team that is suddenly playing very well. I was especially disapointed in Ronaldinho--we don't get much European soccer in this country, so with all the hype, I was hoping for a display of his skill, but he didn't even seem to show up.

I'm still sticking with Italy to win it all, although Germany now has to be the favorite. I thought Portugal was uninspired today, and their flops and whining made the Azzuri look tough. I wouldn't mind France pulling it off for Zidane and Viera, however. Maybe we'll have an all blue final. :D

You are putting too much on the players and way too little on a coach that seemed to be completely clueless as to what his players strengths were. All the people that I know who follow soccer closely have been saying this from the start.

Wow...I can't believe Brazil lost, guess I gotta root for Germany now

I knew Brazil was going to lose...if I'm not mistaken, I called it in the Ghana/Brazil thread. Ghana exposed them; if they'd had a better finisher or two (read Zidane and Henry) they'd have scored a few goals.

Brasil = overrated.

wow old france won..what a game they had, the zidane i saw brought me back to the days he played for juve. they will have a though game agianst portugal.

what happen to jar jar binks the best player in the world?

im hopeing france makes it to the final for zidane...if course i want italia to win but to make it the the final would be a good final game for him.

Archived