Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin Players Deserving Apologies

D'Pablo

Genius, plain genius...b/c even the great Payton Manning is not ineffective the minute he gets hurt, so his play/pay is justified :doh:

HTTR!...and our smart fans, what's up with you guys tonight/this early morning?

Ever QB loses something when they hurt. My point is that Brunell becomes pretty much totally ineffective. He was possibly the worst starter in football in 2004 after he hurt his leg.

Ade Jimoh deserves a ton of apologies.

In the few times he played this year he played great. His tackle coupled with Sean Taylor making JJ Arrington piss his pants won us the game in Arizona.

I don't know why Jimoh gets so much hate. The last time he got burned was in 2003 in Atlanta. He's a Special Teams standout, he's a hard working blue collar role player type, and everyone hates him...

-Jimoh's Biggest Fan

Yeah really, he never gets burned from the nickle position. Teams still threw to Walt The Harris' side even when Ade was in the game.

--The compensation given up for Mark Brunell was way too much. damn near 9 Mill up front and a 3rd rd pick.

--I always felt Chris Samuels play slipped mainly because of Spurrier not playing a FB's or TE's to me. Samuels has been steady in conventional offenses. Spurrier's offensive linemen on 1st down coming to the line already standing knowing its a pass as opposed to having your hand down on 1st down. It makes a difference because the d-linemen doesn't know if its run or pass in a conventional offense. Just plain pass blocking with no FB or TE was stupid on Spurrier's part. He refused to conform and its why he's gone. Samuels play picked back up once he returned to a more conventional offense.

--As mentioned on this thread Ade Jimoh is good on special teams but he's not a good CB period.

--Derrick Dockery to me needs a mean streak. He's still very inconsistent to me. He should be mauling people with his size.

Ade Jimoh other than on teams i still cringe when he gets on the field. One of the playoff games didnt he have to come out because he was puking or couldnt catch his breath?

In the last regular season game against the Eagles Jimoh left the game in the second half with an irregular heartbeat.

In the last regular season game against the Eagles Jimoh left the game in the second half with an irregular heartbeat.

At Philly, but still he has a physical presence on the "T"s. Jimoh's okay as long as Springs or CR doesn't go down. But yeah eventually he';s going to have to evolve into a solid corner. He may already be there. We just have to waite and see how he does. Hell, start him and Wright, or rotate them early, against Cincy. Why not? We know what we have with CR and Springs. Springs would do himself some good to lose waite...I know that hamstring was on him but he seems kind of heavy and it appears to make him sluggish. Springs will be okay though...

:munchout:

Nothing exposes fan ignorance like burying a player after one season. It happened with Brunell, Samuels, Jimoh, and continues to happen with Holdman. To quote Jim Mora: you think you know, but you don't know...and you never will. That's how I feel about a lot of the fans on this board. Anything can happen in one season: injuries, trouble learning the system, a crappy supporting cast, bad coaching, etc. Every player gets a pass from me for at least one year because unlike some of you, I know better. Taylor Jacobs? Well that's another story. :)

It's sheer idiocy when I read "I don't care what any of the coaches say, Player A sucks and will always suck." Meanwhile, some of these players are going on their 3rd or 4th year with the team. Guess that means our coaches like to keep players who suck for no reason other than to aggravate fans, huh?

On Brunell: Those of you who suggest that he's overpaid need to look at his salary relative to other starters at his position. He's getting compensated as a slightly above average starting QB and he was better than that last season.

Samuels: The days of players going two years without allowing a sack ala Jim Lachey are over. The speed of the game and stadium noise level has made pass protection much more difficult than it used to be. Even the Walter Jones and Orlando Paces give up sacks - sometimes 2 or 3 in the same game. It happens. After some so-so seasons that should be chalked up to injuries and poor coaching, Samuels has put together back-to-back excellent years. He has fullfilled his promise as a lottery pick and is among the top 5 left tackles in the league based on production, age, and skill set. And yes, he's being (rightly) compensated as such. You can ignore those facts or act like you've never seen a left tackle other than Samuels and Anthony Munoz.

Holdman: As mentioned, he gets a pass from me. Perhaps he doesn't even make the team this year. Perhaps he's a solid 16 game starter. Some of you might want to take a glance at history before burrying the guy. But I don't expect many of you to be man enough to step forward and admit you were wrong should he play well this season. Get your "well he owed us that for last season" excuses ready.

Jimoh: As the 4th or 5th CB, his most important contribution to any club will be on special teams. Some of you need to get that through your heads. Also, he was servicable last season when he saw some playing time at CB though I doubt that he'll ever be good enough to become more than a #4. I'm glad we have him. He's one of our best ST players, he has nice measurables, and by now he probably knows GW's system inside and out. Yet some of you will still be upset when he makes the team. :doh:

For me, it's Mark Brunell.

Hadn't seen Mark earlier in his career but after his first year with the Skins, I was ready for a change and upset when Gibbs seemed to yank Ramsey so quickly.

Should have trusted Gibbs....

Last year, Brunell was awesome...leadership....excellent on the field judgements, few mistakes, and, damn, if the old man isn't still pretty mobile.

<spit> crow feathers <spit>

Derrick Dockery: This guy has been hounded every season he has been on the team up until last season. We apparently don't believe in developing players anymore.

I dunno about this one. He still misses tons of blocks for me on Madden. ;)

When I first saw the thread title, i thought Steven Davis :doh:

But yeah, sticking with the list, I didn't like trading for Santana Moss at first, and I also was not to thrilled when Mark Brunell became the starter. Shows that my :2cents: aren't really worth :2cents: :laugh:

If Ade was fine at the nickel spot, I don't the Skins would have signed Wright to fill that role.

In the modern pass-happy NFL, only having three competent corners is a recipe for disaster. You'll have some trouble immediately because teams will put in four wideouts to exploit the matchups.

But the crisis will come when one of your corners gets hurt and you are forced to use a "special teamer" or converted safety at nickel back. Then you die.

Wright was a necessary addition regardless of what Jimoh can do. We're going to need them both to play well to get through the 16-game season.

When you think about it' date=' there's a lot of guys on this team that most of us didn't really give a chance or have just been dogging for no apparent reason:

Mark Brunnell: Had his first rough season in ten years when he got here, but bounced back and led us to the playoffs. Some say injuries have played a large role in his poor play, but the guy fought his guts out.

[/quote']

Mark doesn't deserve an apology. We had to be a major motivator for him getting back to form. He had a terrible year and it's perfectly fine that we were critical of him for it.

Hopefully Taylor Jacobs will be considered for an apology after this year is over.

Archived