Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin Players Deserving Apologies

D'Pablo

When you think about it, there's a lot of guys on this team that most of us didn't really give a chance or have just been dogging for no apparent reason:

Mark Brunnel: Had his first rough season in ten years when he got here, but bounced back and led us to the playoffs. Some say injuries have played a large role in his poor play, but the guy fought his guts out.

Santana Moss: Most of us felt we were getting a lesser player for Coles and felt that the money we lost in the deal really hurt.

Derrick Dockery: This guy has been hounded every season he has been on the team up until last season. We apparently don't believe in developing players anymore.

Chris Samuels: Some say that he has not played up to his draft status or his contract. A recent pro bowl birth and scientific backing have changed a few minds.

Ade Jimoh: The guy came in as an undrafted free agent and had yet to grasp the game. He had all the physical attributes one would look for in a corner, and really started putting the game together in his head last season. He was a great nickel and dime corner, and he has always been a special teams standout.

Renaldo Wynn: After recovering from an injury plagued inaugural season with the skins, he has bounced back nicely. Most people still felt he stunk it up on the field due to his lack of a pass rush. Wynn, however, has always been more of a run stopper, although his pass rushing has improved with help along the D-Line.

Ladell Betts: He still hasn't necessarily lived up to his draft status, but that can be contributed more to the talent ahead of him than his play. In relief of Portis, he has done a great job and could be a starter on most teams. He is far from the bust people labeled him after his second season.

I think you have to put Phillip Daniels on that list as well a lot of folks were down on him as well. I admit I was one of them that was pretty hard on him but he came on strong in the second half of the season. He was the Cowboy killah :laugh: . Hope he can pick up where he left off from last season.

Ade Jimoh: The guy came in as an undrafted free agent and had yet to grasp the game. He had all the physical attributes one would look for in a corner' date=' and really started putting the game together in his head last season. He was a great nickel and dime corner, and he has always been a special teams standout.[/quote']

Ade isn't anywhere near being a great nickel corner. He gets burned more than any player currently in the secondary. The ONLY thing keeping Jimoh on the roster is his Teams play

Renaldo Wynn: After recovering from an injury plagued inaugural season with the skins' date=' he has bounced back nicely. Most people still felt he stunk it up on the field due to his lack of a pass rush. Wynn, however, has always been more of a run stopper, although his pass rushing has improved with help along the D-Line.

Ladell Betts: He still hasn't necessarily lived up to his draft status, but that can be contributed more to the talent ahead of him than his play. In relief of Portis, he has done a great job and could be a starter on most teams. He is far from the bust people labeled him after his second season.[/quote']

I don't remember too many people dogging Wynn or Betts.

Ade Jimoh deserves a ton of apologies.

In the few times he played this year he played great. His tackle coupled with Sean Taylor making JJ Arrington piss his pants won us the game in Arizona.

I don't know why Jimoh gets so much hate. The last time he got burned was in 2003 in Atlanta. He's a Special Teams standout, he's a hard working blue collar role player type, and everyone hates him...

-Jimoh's Biggest Fan

Ade isn't anywhere near being a great nickel corner. He gets burned more than any player currently in the secondary. The ONLY thing keeping Jimoh on the roster is his Teams play

Actually, Walt Harris got burned more last year. I think Ade Looked OK in the last parts of the season. give him time

Brunnel: No. He is still overpaid. And he is still horribly ineffective the minute he gets hurt.

Moss: I think the Jets owe him a bigger apology than Redskin fans. Everyone who thought Coles was better simply compared their careers to that point. Coles was far and away more productive at that point in time.

Samuels: I look at his entire career as a disappointment so far to be honest. He's never been top five at his position, which based on where he was drafted and what he has been paid, he should be.

Jimoh: I think he is a good special teams player and a below-average corner.

Wynn: I've never criticized him.

Betts: Ditto. He is a good backup.

Dockery: I never hounded him. I think he is a decent guard and exactly what a third-round pick should be.

Ade Jimoh deserves a ton of apologies.

In the few times he played this year he played great. His tackle coupled with Sean Taylor making JJ Arrington piss his pants won us the game in Arizona.

I don't know why Jimoh gets so much hate. The last time he got burned was in 2003 in Atlanta. He's a Special Teams standout, he's a hard working blue collar role player type, and everyone hates him...

-Jimoh's Biggest Fan

Jimoh's biggest fan? Hardly, that's my title :laugh: . Just ask HOF44 or the 4C. I thought he played well at corner this year when called upon and is ready to contribute semi-regularly at that position. He's always been a standout on special teams and that will continue but I see him becoming a little more involved in the defense this year. I don't understand, people hate him because of poor play when rushed in under steve ****in Spurrier's high school coaching staff. Give him a break, he's come a long way.

I do :laugh:

I was in many many a heated debate over them, Betts especially

Samuels: I look at his entire career as a disappointment so far to be honest. He's never been top five at his position, which based on where he was drafted and what he has been paid, he should be.

Dude he has been TOP at least 4 years of his career.With last season argualably he could have been considered THE BEST LT in the NFL based on pure blocking successes, Year before last he gave up only 1 sack per Joe Bugel all season.

He is probably one of the best open field blockers in the league, he is not a big pancake block guy, but unlike pancake guys... he rarely if ever whiffs.

He had 2 below par sesasons with Helton (and being injuried) but before Helton and After he has played well above his "draft stats" If he had been playing on winning teams he would be the LT getting all the press like Jones (who I would easily argue is not as good as Samuels.. anyday)

Dude he has been TOP at least 4 years of his career.With last season argualably he could have been considered THE BEST LT in the NFL based on pure blocking successes, Year before last he gave up only 1 sack per Joe Bugel all season.

He is probably one of the best open field blockers in the league, he is not a big pancake block guy, but unlike pancake guys... he rarely if ever whiffs.

He had 2 below par sesasons with Helton (and being injuried) but before Helton and After he has played well above his "draft stats" If he had been playing on winning teams he would be the LT getting all the press like Jones (who I would easily argue is not as good as Samuels.. anyday)

I love you Bubba.

Honestly, with the exception of Betts, Samuels and Wynn, I am guilty of ripping on mercilessly/doubting everyone on that list. For what it's worth, I'll eat my hat, with ketchup.

Derrick Dockery: This guy has been hounded every season he has been on the team up until last season. We apparently don't believe in developing players anymore.

Dockery is still with the team, and he is developing into a very good o-lineman.

Pretty good assessment on the rest of the players.

I was up in arms with Brunell the first year he was here but after seeing his first few passes the first preseason game seeing the zip on the ball and accuracy, i quickly said my apologies and knew he was the right man to start for us. And this was bad times to support brunell due to everyone thinking since Gibbs named Ramsey the starter at the end of the previous season it would be horrible for him to start Brunell week 1.

Samuels hadnt been playing up to his potential up until last year. Maybe it was because our Oline was pass blocking a lot, maybe he just played bad, but i dont see why we should apologize to him for subpar play.

Ade Jimoh other than on teams i still cringe when he gets on the field. One of the playoff games didnt he have to come out because he was puking or couldnt catch his breath?

Actually, Walt Harris got burned more last year. I think Ade Looked OK in the last parts of the season. give him time

Walt was burned more. I just said "He gets burned more than any player currently in the secondary."

If Ade was fine at the nickel spot, I don't the Skins would have signed Wright to fill that role.

I love the intensity that Jimoh brings to teams, but he should stick to that and stay off the field on defense.

Brunnel: No. He is still overpaid. And he is still horribly ineffective the minute he gets hurt.

Genius, plain genius...b/c even the great Payton Manning is not ineffective the minute he gets hurt, so his play/pay is justified :doh:

HTTR!...and our smart fans, what's up with you guys tonight/this early morning?

Genius, plain genius...b/c even the great Payton Manning is not ineffective the minute he gets hurt, so his play/pay is justified :doh:

HTTR!...and our smart fans, what's up with you guys tonight/this early morning?

The he should take himself out of the friggin' game if he cant play with the injury! Its not rocket science. If you arent being effective, get out of there and let someone else TRY. They might not do any better, but who knows?

And OVER AND OVER again in 2004 (and post 2004) he said it was NOT an injury and that he was fine etc etc. So if he was injured so badly then he sure wasnt doing what was best for the team and sitting himself down.

Brunell needs to apologize to the fans, not the other way around. He has cost us 2 super bowl under Gibbs at this point. I hope we win one despite him this year.

Well, now the Jets can enjoy perpetual superbowl victories now that they have God himself as QB. I'd better place my bets now, before the bookies get wise and adjust the odds. :doh:

Samuels: I look at his entire career as a disappointment so far to be honest. He's never been top five at his position' date=' which based on where he was drafted and what he has been paid, he should be.

[/quote']

Oh I'll have the binos on Samuels this year....bottom line he's not deserving of any apologies. I take caution in my tone and say with as much sensitivity because I'm a Redskin fan 16-0 or 0-16, besides Coach Buges is still working with him and I trust that---although #1 draft pick and 15 mil bonus later. But hey go back and look at the film, his butt is high, and he got beat all up and down and around the corner, in both Tampa and Seattle. Pro bowls? Well, as Sean would say "to hell with Pro Bowls and All-World. Talk to me about Super Bowls." I never critized anyone else...

I really try and stray away from critizing Redskins. Don't think die hard fans do that. But Samuels? Nah I'm not going to heckle him.....not good fan etiquet. But hell we're at the decisive point of making a Super Bowl run, and Samuels is out there tooling around. With Samuels I don't see any battles going on, out there, with opposing DEs ...hell case in point, Clinton Portis took on the DE in Seattle (Don't know his name...think it was Wisom...whatever) but he (CP) kept him clean away from Brunell. But Samuels couldn't shut him down...come on now.

Yeah, granted Samuels is not Portis but he (Samuels need to go watch some film on Jacoby, Bostic, Mckenzie, May,). Sorry ES just venting but Samuels is killing me. Watch when we play Tampa again and other notables like Indianapolis and the like hell I think Minnesota got some notable DEs too! Shouldn't be any sacks going on during the first half of the season--from opposing defences.

OL as a whole need to work blitz recognition...sometimes they do come disguised. The entire OL need to be talking with Rabach as the field general. Strong, Free! Wheel, Mike, Corner hell call it out...easier said than done but I don't see Payton going down a lot everybody has there moments , but right now we're not having total disruption on the OL but those stress points are usually on the leftside.

One thing Mark does is a hell of a job in blitz recognition and making the right check down. Coach Buges, when he came back, started working Samuels technique and yes it has improved, thanks to Buges, but he needs to carry same technique from the first half of games on through the 4th quarter maybe he tires toward the end. Tampa exploited a stress point during the wild card game. Result? Fumble.

Hell I think the DE on Samuels side recovered that one. I want very much for all the dirt bags to get recognition like Indianapolis and the Seattles...just think we were literally 2 plays away from an NFC championship game....now look at the possibilities if the OL increases performance...man there endless. I think another ES member considered the OL the decisive point to a date in Miami...think it was Chuba, any how the unfinished piece and last piece is at the OL. Hell they should be watching film now.....best film sessions are focused at home away from evryone.

Archived