Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does your spouse like the 'skins?

robotfire

I'm just curious to see who on this board has a supportive husband or wife. There was a time when my wife couldn't stand football. It was pretty tricky getting enough football time in without her getting upset.

Things changed when she got pregnant, though. At that point, she could barely move. Thus, she had no choice but to watch Redskins games, because I'm a terrible husband who refused to change the channel. It took a while, but she became a fan. Now she gets excited about games, and we really have fun with it. She even knows most of the starters!

Clint

because I'm a terrible husband who refused to change the channel. It took a while, but she became a fan. Now she gets excited about games, and we really have fun with it. She even knows most of the starters!

:laugh::rotflmao::laugh:

My girlfriend is a Steelers chick. Its in her blood, and I respect that just like Redskins fanaticism is in my blood.

However, she did say she'd buy me tickets to a game if I moved out to her area...so we'll see how that goes after I graduate ;).

My wife-to-be is a huuuuuge baseball fan.

Fortunately, she has no allegiance to pro or college football -- she grew up near NYC and didn't care about the Smurfs or the Redskins' Feeder Team. Then she went to BU and they don't even have football anymore. So I'm free to mold her into a Redskins and Maryland fan.

:cheers:

MY WIFE!!! She is a football fanatic. Well I must blame it on myself. Years ago when I was in the Marines, I part of a unit deployment to Turkey. I had to leave her home alone in NC. Unforunately this occured in the middle of football season. However I asked her to watch the games for me and tell me how the Redskins fared upon my return. Well when I returned, she knew the positions and numbers of the key players, the plays they ran, she even knew the scores and had even picked a few "favorite" players. This is more amazing in that she is from an Island country and knew nothing of "american football." That was way over 20 years ago and she is still a fan of the game. Sometimes, when the Redskins are not playing I turn from a boring game to watch a movie or something more exciting and would you believe it' she"ll get upset and turns the channel to the game....wow, look at what I created!!! GO REDSKINS!!!!

My husband doesn't really follow football but was a Raiders fan when we met because that's who his best friend liked. Once he figured out that I would not marry him until he converted, he became a Redskins fan.

my wife doesn't like football

Of course not. It takes her husband away for about nine months out of the year. :silly:

My wife is just learning the game. She has favorite players, likes the Skins and Chiefs, likes the old Montana-era 49ers (as she is a California baby), but hasn't locked in a die hard favorite yet.

But there is hope.

She hates the Cowboys and Eagles.;)

My girlfriend was a Ravens fan. She started dating me however, and soon realized her loyalty was to the Redskins. She can now name most of the starters, their positions, and their numbers.

She's even getting ready to buy a Cooley jersey. She's almost as excited as I about the upcoming season. Okay, I lied. She's nowhere near as excited as I am. :)

Archived