Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*redskins All-bust Team*

GestMuddaTruckaEver

Who ranks atop your all time bust team at QB, RB, WR, DE, DT, LB, and DB?

To name a few Pat Ramsey, Jeff George, Trung Canidate, Skip Hicks, Mike Westbrook, every reciever Spurrier touched, Bruce Smith, Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson, Dana Stubblefield, Mike Barrow, J-Trott, Neon Deon, Mark Carrier.

Please add to the list. . . .

Who ranks atop your all time bust team at QB, RB, WR, DE, DT, LB, and DB?

To name a few, Jay Schroeder, Pat Ramsey, Jeff George, Trung Canidate, Skip Hicks, Mike Westbrook, every reciever Spurrier touched, Bruce Smith, Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson, Dana Stubblefield, Mike Barrow, J-Trott, Neon Deon, Mark Carrier.

Please add to the list. . . .

Jay Schroeder? He passed for over 4000 yards and led the team to the NFC Championship game in 1986 and was a Pro Bowler. I wouldn't call that a bust.

As for Bruce Smith and Deion, they are future Hall of Famers. I might call them bad moves but not busts.

Jay Schroeder? He passed for over 4000 yards and led the team to the NFC Championship game in 1986 and was a Pro Bowler. I wouldn't call that a bust.

As for Bruce Smith and Deion, they are future Hall of Famers. I might call them bad moves but not busts.

You said it! Schroeder was awesome in 1986...he holds the Redskins passing yards record with 4,109...not to mention how he led the Skins after Joey's injury to a 4-1 mark to end 1985 and barely missed the playoffs.

So he had some bad games at the end of 1987 and got benched for Doug Williams...

What people don't often realize is that Doug Willaims didn't exactly light it up in the playoffs vs. Chicago and Minnesota in the 87' playoffs even though we won both games. We all know about the Super Bowl...but it is quite possible that Schroeder would have fared better to get us to the Super Bowl than Doug. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't change a thing.

But Schroeder was awesome in 85 and 86!

HC: Norv Turner

QB: Heath Shuler

RB: Skip Hicks, Jaime Morris

WR: Michael Westbrook, Albert Connell, Desmond Howard

TE: Stephen Alexander

DT: Dana Stubblefield

I'm drawing blanks, but I know there are numerous other players that made me scream at the TV and throw ****.

I was young, but I don't think D. Howard was a complete bust. He might not have performed well at WR, but if I remember correctly he was a pretty solid return man.

I have to add Chris Dishman to the list. He came in highly touted from the Oilers then did nothing opposite DG.

Why are Skip Hicks and Stephan Alexander mentioned. Was either highly touted out of college? Alexander could have been a perrenial pro-bowler if not for the injuries.

HC: Steve Spurrier (or any coach really after Gibbs left)

QB: Heath Shuler, Jeff George, Patrick Ramsey (yes he was a bust for US regardless of the cirmustances)

RB:Trung Candidate, Reggie Brooks(one good year and then squat)

WR:Desmond Howard, Michael Westbrook, Taylor Jacobs,Rod Gardner, Alvin Harper, agree with every Receiver Spurrier had except for Coles.

TE:Stephen Alexander (1 pro-bowl for a second rd. pick doesn't cut it, and he was injury prone)

OL:Andre Johnson

LB:Mike Barrow, J. Trotter

Safeties: Stanley Richards, James Washington

DL: Dana Stubblefield, Big Daddy (played well but never dominated), Sean Gilbert(yes he is a bust!), Kenard Lang(played hard but didnt live up to first round pick)

Bruce Smith wasn't a bust. He gave us double digit sacks and up until his last year, he was the only one to apply pressure.

CB:Neon (wasn't the same playmaker and quit after one year)

joey harrington. And how is neon deon a bust?

Uh... did no one else catch this? When did Joey Harrington suit up for the Skins?

Andre Johnson....now that's a bust.

EDIT

I would also add safties James Washington and Stanley Richard who together were pretty bad in the defensive backfield.

Wow, that brought back some painful memories right there. It still gives me the willies when i see someone in our secondary wearing 24 and actually making a tackle. The Sheriff was a joke.

BTW, not sure who posted it but wasn't Andre Johnson a offensive lineman?

Coach: Steve Spurrier

Quarterback: Heath Shuler

Runningback: Trung Candidate

Fullback: IDK

Wide Reciever #1: Jaquez Green

Wide Reciever #2: Michael Westbrook

Tight End:Zeron Flemister

Left Tackle: Andre Johnson

Left Guard: Tre Johnson

Center: Cory Raymer

Right Guard: David Loverne

Right Tackle: IDK

Defensive End: Kenard Lang

Defensive Tackle: IDK

Defensive End: Daryl Gardener

Outside Linebacker: Jessie Armstead

Middle Linebacker: IDK

Outside Linebacker: IDK...Shawn Barber.

Corners: We have always had good corners...

Safety: Sam Shade

Free Safety: Keith Lyle

Kicker: Brett Conway, Jose Cortez.

Punter: Uhh...Matt Turk? Bryan Barker? Who knows...

You said it! Schroeder was awesome in 1986...he holds the Redskins passing yards record with 4,109...not to mention how he led the Skins after Joey's injury to a 4-1 mark to end 1985 and barely missed the playoffs.

So he had some bad games at the end of 1987 and got benched for Doug Williams...

What people don't often realize is that Doug Willaims didn't exactly light it up in the playoffs vs. Chicago and Minnesota in the 87' playoffs even though we won both games. We all know about the Super Bowl...but it is quite possible that Schroeder would have fared better to get us to the Super Bowl than Doug. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't change a thing.

I remember hearing Schroeder boohooed quite a bit about getting benched in '87. Any truth to that? If so, my loyalties lie with the guy who brought home the Lombardi. My first 'skins memories are of that game.

There is a difference between players you think didn't play well and players that are a bust. To be a bust you need to be highly touted or a high draft pick before arriving here. Just because they didn't go to the pro bowl doesn't make them a bust. Many players listed in this thread had productive years with the skins. Others were not really even that touted or expected to produce.

Totally agree with you. Jay was not only not a bust, he was a very pleasant surprise. He was a guy who played almost zero football at UCLA and went off to play baseball for a couple of years and then after flopping decided to give football a try.

He was unbelievable for a while there. His mistake was getting into Gibbs' doghouse by pouting when he got benched and then pouting again in the 1988 training camp after Williams was announced the starter for the opener and he was quickly shipped to LA for Jim Lachey.

But for 1.5 seasons (plus a few moments in 87-like the Giants game at RFK) Jay was great.

I have to add Chris Dishman to the list. He came in highly touted from the Oilers then did nothing opposite DG.

Except make the Pro Bowl.

Dishman was near the end of the line when he signed with the Skins. He gave them one great season and one so so season. I can't imagine what more they could have hoped for given his age. He was young relative to DG, but DG was a freak of nature. Most CBs at Dishman's age of the time begin to slow down.

It's too bad he let pride get in his way and wanted out when the Skins drafted Bailey. I would have loved to see a secondary of Green and Bailey as the starters and Dishman as the third corner. :notworthy

HC: Steve Spurrier (or any coach really after Gibbs left)

QB: Heath Shuler, Jeff George, Patrick Ramsey (yes he was a bust for US regardless of the cirmustances)

RB:Trung Candidate, Reggie Brooks

WR:Desmond Howard, Michael Westbrook, Taylor Jacobs,Rod Gardner, Alvin Harper, agree with every Receiver Spurrier had except for Coles.

TE:Stephen Alexander (1 pro-bowl for a second rd. pick doesn't cut it, and he was injury prone)

LB:Andre Johnson, Mike Barrow, J. Trotter

Safeties: Stanley Richards, James Washington

DL:Dana Stubblefield, Big Daddy (played well but never dominated), Sean Gilbert, Kenard Lang

Bruce Smith wasn't a bust. He gave us double digit sacks and up until his last year, he was the only one to apply pressure.

CB:Neon (wasn't the same playmaker and quit after one year)

You need to remove Lang and Gilbert from that list.. Those guys weren't busts at all.. Just because the moved to a different team doesn't make them busts..

I remember when Lang nearly knocked himself out playing so hard. Still have images of him staggering around.

Here are some that comes to mind for me :

QB- Heath Shuler

RB- Reggie Brooks , Skip Hicks

WR- Desmond Howard, Rod Gardner, Michael Westbrook, Alvin Harper(:doh: )

TE- Stephen Alexander, Zeron Flemster

DE- Bruce Smith

Honorable Mention: Dan Wilkerson, Dana Stubbfeild, James Washington(:doh:),Stanley Richards(:doh:), Prime Time (:doh: ) J. Trotter (:doh:), Brandon Noble( Unable to stay healthy), Andre Johnson , Cris Dishman (:doh: ) quite a few more stay tune.

I was young, but I don't think D. Howard was a complete bust. He might not have performed well at WR, but if I remember correctly he was a pretty solid return man.

He was a bust for us he caught on with the Packers as a return man. But he never panned out to be the receiver that the Skins drafted him to be.

Yeah but he was the #1 overall pick in the draft. Would reggie bush be a bust if he is a solid return man but nothing else? I think yes.:cool:

I will come back to update this as I think of my answers

Head Coach: Steve Spurrier (honorable mentions to Richie Petibon & Norv Turner)

OFFENSE:

Offensive Coordinator:

QB: Heath Schuler

Center:

Guard:

Tackle:

TE:

RB/FB: Trung Canidate

WR: Desmond Howard

DEFENSE:

Defensive Coordinator: Mike Nolan

DT: Dana Stubblefield (I think this was his position?)

DE:

MLB:

OLB:

Safety:

CB:

SPECIAL TEAMS:

Coach: (who was the coach during Norv's last year?)

Kicker:

Punter: Joe Thiesman (it *HAD* to be said... LOL!!!!)

Kick Return:

Punt Return:

Coach: Steve Spurrier

Quarterback: Heath Shuler

Runningback: Trung Candidate

Fullback: IDK

Wide Reciever #1: Jaquez Green

Wide Reciever #2: Michael Westbrook

Tight End:Zeron Flemister

Left Tackle: Andre Johnson

Left Guard: Tre Johnson

Center: Cory Raymer

Right Guard: David Loverne

Right Tackle: IDK

Defensive End: Kenard Lang

Defensive End: Daryl Gardener

Outside Linebacker: Jessie Armstead

Middle Linebacker: IDK

Outside Linebacker: IDK...Shawn Barber.

Corners: We have always had good corners...

Safety: Sam Shade

Free Safety: Keith Lyle

Kicker: Brett Conway, Jose Cortez.

Punter: Uhh...Matt Turk? Bryan Barker? Who knows...

Tre Johnson was not a bust at all!!! He was great when he was healthy!

Barber wasnt a bust either...we just couldnt afford to keep him

Archived