Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*redskins All-bust Team*

GestMuddaTruckaEver

Good call re D Howard. Andre Johnson was number two or three round pick (the redskins highest that year) but was an offensive tackle with NO lower body strength and NO balance.

Shar Poudanish was another joke...saw him bull rushed over by defensive linemen more times than I like to remember.

Alvin Harper was adesperate Norv attempt to plug a hole that cost us $1 million plus for the year that Harper was here. Result: One td in preseason and ONE regular season catch. One of the worst cost benefit ratios in league history!

Who ranks atop your all time bust team at QB, RB, WR, DE, DT, LB, and DB?

To name a few Pat Ramsey, Jeff George, Trung Canidate, Skip Hicks, Mike Westbrook, every reciever Spurrier touched, Bruce Smith, Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson, Dana Stubblefield, Mike Barrow, J-Trott, Neon Deon, Mark Carrier.

Please add to the list. . . .

Pat Ramsey was never given a fair shake IMO, it's to early to say if Patrick was a bust or not considering the situation he was put in under Spurrier. I almost want to say that Spurrier made destroyed his potential.

I think Pettibon is getting a raw deal here.

Besides exhaustion, family, etc., one reason Gibbs retired is because he didn't have the heart to tell a lot of men who fought their guts out for him that they were finished.

When Pettibon took over, the hogs were old and creaky. We made a good run but Pettibon would've had to completely rebuild the Redskins from the ground up.

The reason Pettibon was such a bust is he changed a system that worked. He decided to change to a west coast system, with a QB and recieving core that knew going deep.

As for other players that were busts, how about CB Tom Carter. High draft pick, couldn't learn under DG and was concistantly burned. He was even later cut by the Bungles.

Did you know that Ethan Horton and William "Flipper" Anderson were once Redskins?

How about Buffalo Bills legend Andre Reed?

Wouldn't be surprised if you didn't. They were quite productive at their previous teams (Raiders, Rams, and Bills), but completely invisible as Redskins. Tail end of the careers, sure, but that doesn't excuse exactly zero production. Perhaps not bust caliber, but certainly :doh: caliber.

I would classify our biggest busts as Heath Shuler (Draft) and Dana Stubblefield (Free Agency). Whereas some of the aforementioned gentlemen at least played a role at some point, these guys literally wasted completely good buffet food and Park oxygen.

Pat Ramsey was never given a fair shake IMO, it's to early to say if Patrick was a bust or not considering the situation he was put in under Spurrier. I almost want to say that Spurrier made destroyed his potential.

:rolleyes: I don't know what people see in Ramsey. I hope the kid well... but really I don't know what people see.

He was #4 overall - and Reggie Bush was #2.

Dude I know where Reggie was taken that wasn't my point, though I could see how you might be confused because of how I phrased it.

And yes you are right about D-Howard, I dunno why I thought he was 1st, so long ago I was so young and foolish then and I am old and foolish now....

:silly:

Either way, #4, #2, regardless... UDFAs have careers of returning kicks, B-U-S-T.

Who ranks atop your all time bust team at QB, RB, WR, DE, DT, LB, and DB?

To name a few Pat Ramsey, Jeff George, Trung Canidate, Skip Hicks, Mike Westbrook, every reciever Spurrier touched, Bruce Smith, Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson, Dana Stubblefield, Mike Barrow, J-Trott, Neon Deon, Mark Carrier.

Please add to the list. . . .

I dont see how bruce smith Mark carrier were busts they were dominate on a defense that improved from 30th to 4th

Uh... did no one else catch this? When did Joey Harrington suit up for the Skins?

Andre Johnson....now that's a bust.

EDIT

Wow, that brought back some painful memories right there. It still gives me the willies when i see someone in our secondary wearing 24 and actually making a tackle. The Sheriff was a joke.

BTW, not sure who posted it but wasn't Andre Johnson a offensive lineman?

the guy above you im surprised it took that many posts to mention his name.

I believe we traded with dallas to get him right after mel Kiper said he couldnt believe he was on the board still and the casserly and norv having one of there brotherly conversations

You said it! Schroeder was awesome in 1986...he holds the Redskins passing yards record with 4,109...not to mention how he led the Skins after Joey's injury to a 4-1 mark to end 1985 and barely missed the playoffs.

So he had some bad games at the end of 1987 and got benched for Doug Williams...

What people don't often realize is that Doug Willaims didn't exactly light it up in the playoffs vs. Chicago and Minnesota in the 87' playoffs even though we won both games. We all know about the Super Bowl...but it is quite possible that Schroeder would have fared better to get us to the Super Bowl than Doug. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't change a thing.

But Schroeder was awesome in 85 and 86!

Lets not forget we got Jim Lachey for Schroeder that alone makes him more than a bust!

I know that probably shocks alot of the younger fans, but I've seen better players in our past that busted their humps for a whole lot less money. What is a bust, and what terms do they apply to?

I agree, not a total bust, not the worst bust - but absolutely positively a bust. I mean as much "adversity" as he wants to claim he had early on in his career, there were LBs with worse coaching who put it all together and didn't alienate themselves either.

PS: Don't even bring up the probowls, #2 picks are supposed to go to probowls every year.

I have to agree with PJ, but this is my favorite one:

Lauren%20037PG.jpggood find bro

I was young, but I don't think D. Howard was a complete bust. He might not have performed well at WR, but if I remember correctly he was a pretty solid return man.

Problem is, you don't spend the #4 overall pick in the draft on a solid return man.

Defensive End: Daryl Gardener

If I remember correctly, Gardener was one of our biggest bright spots in 2002, Spurrier's first season as coach. He stablized our run defense big time. A lot of critics went as far to say that the second half of the season he played at a Pro Bowl level. We just didn't resign him at the end of the season. Due to his history of injuries, his asking price was too high. When we signed him, it came down to us and Denver. When we lost him, it was Denver that gave him the big money he was asking for. The way he played in '02 (posted his highest tackle total of his career), who is to say that what happened in Denver would have happened here? We can say on one hand, great, good thing we didn't resign him, look what happened. But, unfortunately, we will never know. If we did resign him, we could have one of the best DT's in the league in him. Bug personally, I'd rather have Big Joe.

Still though, Gardener shouldn't be on any Redskins' bust list.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Archived