Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*redskins All-bust Team*

GestMuddaTruckaEver

Tre Johnson was not a bust at all!!! He was great when he was healthy!

'Zackly. Tre Johnson, when healthy, would line up against Pro-Bowlers like Eric Swann and absolutely eat them up. He was bigger, stonger, and faster than anyone he faced, and could have been a HOF'er except for the injuries.

Quarterback: Heath Shuler

Runningback: Timmy Smith - one good game and then couldn't beat out Kelvin Bryant the next year

Wide Reciever #1: Michael Pussbrook

Wide Reciever #2: Desmond Howard

Tight End:Frank Wycheck - simply for what he did AFTER he left the Skins

Left Tackle: Andre Johnson - by far!

Left Guard: Brad Badger

Center: John Gesek

Right Guard: David Loverne- possibly the worst offensive lineman ever

Right Tackle: Shar "Thank you for sacking my quarterback, and thank you, come again!" Pourdanesh

Defensive End: Sterling Palmer

Defensive Tackle: Dana Stubblebutt

Defensive Tackle: Fat Daddy, Bobby Wilson

Defensive End: Dexter Nottage

Outside Linebacker: LaVar - this may ruffle feathers, but he did not live up to what was expected of him

Middle Linebacker: Rod Stephens - worst...tackler...ever

Outside Linebacker: Jesse Armstead

Corners: Daryl Pounds, Tom Carter

Safety: Mark Carrier

Free Safety: Stanley Richards

Kicker: Eddie Murray

Punter: Kelly Goodburn

Quarterback: Heath Shuler

Runningback: Timmy Smith - one good game and then couldn't beat out Kelvin Bryant the next year

Wide Reciever #1: Michael Pussbrook

Wide Reciever #2: Desmond Howard

Tight End:Frank Wycheck - simply for what he did AFTER he left the Skins

Left Tackle: Andre Johnson - by far!

Left Guard: Brad Badger

Center: John Gesek

Right Guard: David Loverne- possibly the worst offensive lineman ever

Right Tackle: Shar "Thank you for sacking my quarterback, and thank you, come again!" Pourdanesh

Defensive End: Sterling Palmer

Defensive Tackle: Dana Stubblebutt

Defensive Tackle: Fat Daddy, Bobby Wilson

Defensive End: Dexter Nottage

Outside Linebacker: LaVar - this may ruffle feathers, but he did not live up to what was expected of him

Middle Linebacker: Rod Stephens - worst...tackler...ever

Outside Linebacker: Jesse Armstead

Corners: Daryl Pounds, Tom Carter

Safety: Mark Carrier

Free Safety: Stanley Richards

Kicker: Eddie Murray

Punter: Kelly Goodburn

Agree with the list however a couple of those players were never healthy Sterling Palmer , Bobby Wilson . I don't think either one of these guys played a whole season. Big Daddy even though he was not great for us he did play solid.

Pourdesh:doh: now, that is a name I was hoping I would never hear again:laugh: .

HC: Steve Spurrier (Hands down the worst coach ever,Pettibon was better)

QB: Heath Shuler(The worst ever i think Sage Rosenberg had a better career)

RB:Trung Candidate(I guess after the mini camp Bowen hit ,he lost his will to play)

WR Michael Westbrook, Taylor Jacobs,Rod Gardner, agree with every Receiver Spurrier had except for Coles.(At least Gardner and Westbrook was good in a couple of games ,as for Taylor....whew...Thanks Spurrier)

TE:Stephen Alexander (I guess when you get compared great TE in the past,you set up to fail)

LB: Mike Barrow(play 1 down to get off this list)

Safeties: Stanley Richards, James Washington(2 SB stand-out ,that were bums when the put on the unis)

DL:Dana Stubblefield( some garbage,Was totally a bum).

CB:Vernon Dean,Brian Davis( these 2 guys were a waist.VD always got burnt by Cowboys wr,and BD was over hype and never lived up)

HC: Norv Turner, without a doubt. For a while, I thought he was beginning to turn it around, but no such luck.

QB: Heath Shuler. If it wasn't for Ryan Leaf, he'd be the biggest QB bust ever.

RB: Ki-Jana Carter. We missed him in the draft to Cincy, and he got hurt. When we finally got him, he proved to be nothing more than a good -1 yard back.

WR: Taylor Jacobs. Showed a lot of promise coming in, but for obvious reasons, can't cut it in the big show. Definitely holds the title of best training camp reciever of all time.

TE: Robert Royal. Seems to me that his biggest problem is his "religious" hands...Those things are so damn holy you can hold a sermon in them. That's still more than he can hold in them.

Kicker: John Hall. I swear, if this guy misses one more crucial FG of less than 30 yards, I'll cry.....Again.

Return Man: Deion Sanders. Do I even need to elaborte what a waste of a roster spot and millions of dollars this guy was?

CB:Vernon Dean,Brian Davis( these 2 guys were a waist.VD always got burnt by Cowboys wr,and BD was over hype and never lived up)

I liked Vernon Dean! I thought he was a solid corner who played well and won a Superbowl for us (1982, DG was drafted after that season).

Now Brian Davis, you have a point there, he always seemed to be pre-season All-NFC, making plays all over the field, and then in the regular season he was toast!

Whoever said Chris Dishman and Shawn Barber were busts are off base. Dishman made the Pro Bowl as a Redskin and Barber is still a starter in the league since being drafted back in 1998.

And Kijana Carter? We gave up absolutely nothing to get him and no one at the time expected a thing out of him.

Heath Shuler, Desmond Howard, Andre Johnson, Dana Stubblefield, Deion Sanders - those are busts. Big dollar players with no production.

Whoever said Chris Dishman and Shawn Barber were busts are off base. Dishman made the Pro Bowl as a Redskin and Barber is still a starter in the league since being drafted back in 1998.

Dishman's career was ended here abruptly not by any considerable dropoff in talent, but by the league. Along with several other CBs in the league, Nate McMillian of the Chiefs(and briefly Skins) and Doug Evans formerly of the Panthers come to mind, the league ended their careers. These corners weren't considerbly fast, but they made up for it in physically harrassing play. This worked right up until Dishman's second year here when they tightened up on pass interference calls. Dishman having to basically change his game to suit his weakness in the latter part of his career made him a liability. And in some Skins' fans minds a bust. But the league had more to do with it than Dishman himself.

QB- Heath Shuller

RB- Reggie Brooks (one good year and was done)

WR- Michael Westjerk...I mean Westbrook

OL- Andre Johnson

DL- Tracey Rocker, Bobby Wilson

CB- Brian Davis, Tory Nixon

PK-James Tuthill

I am sure I can think of some more...but right now the pain pills I am on are really great but affecting my memory (I had my apendicts taken out a couple of weeks ago and today I ignored the doctors' advice and tried to lift more than I should...to quote Homer Simpson, "D'OH!")

Archived