Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kffl tidbits...Sellers lays out Archuleta

CapitalDefense

It was Sellers being a knucklehead. Tarhog or Murf or someone reported on this, and they said either Saunders or Williams said Sellers had been on the wrong side of plays about 17 times so far. :laugh:

Oh well.

I hope that that was just from straight up aggression and not just boneheadednous. :)

I'm sure Arhculeta wasn't looking to tackle him either. Arch probably thought the play was over once getting close to Sellers and getting into position to make a tackle. I think Sellers just kept on moving, lol. So let's see if he does that when Arch is intent on tackling him.

Not sure what the big deal is here, safeties aren't meant to get stuck trying to take on FBs one on one. Any FB worth his weight should be able to lay out a safety in that situation at least every once in a while.:helmet:

not to mention Sellers goes about 270.

But Archuleta suppossedly benches over 500. This shouldn't have happened.

I guess I must have missed something all these years of playing football. Bench Press has absolutely nothing to do with making a tackle. Tackles come from the hips and leg drive, and nothing else. Bench Press can help you press a blocker off to get separation.

Anyways, besides for that, this sort of thing happens all of the time at practices when no pads are being worn. Defensive players aren't supposed to hit anyone, and offensive players are taught to turn upfield as quickly as possible. If Archuletta had come up to get in position to make a tackle and then let up, and Sellers had turned upfield quickly, he probably ran square into AA without AA being ready for it. Besides, this is mini-camp. Let's see what happens in the regular season.

WE SPENT 3 MILLION A YEAR FOR A GUY THAT SUPPOSSEDLY CAN BENCH BRESS OVER 500 LBS AND DOES ALL HIS EVO-SPORT **** AND THEN GETS KNOCKED OFF HIS FEET TO THE GROUND BY SELLERS? I THOUGHT ARCHULETA HAD THE HIGHEST ****ING BENCH PRESS ON THE TEAM WE HAVE WASTED MAJOR MONEY ON THIS GUY.

Wow, Don't you think that you just might be jumping the gun a little early with this assesment. I mean these were non contact drills, no pads, and do you know of any safety that sellers wouldn't lay out?

Redskins | Sellers lays out Archuleta

Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:27:05 -0700

reports minicamp drills are expected to be non-contact drills, but Mike Sellers knocked S [Adam Archuleta off his feet after one short pass during practice Saturday, June 17.

QUOTE]

dont get too excited every1... it was supposed to be a non-contact drill... i dont think archuleta would get plowed that easily... AA is a freak lol

dont get me wrong tho, I would sure like to see what would happened if they were in pads lol

Has anyone ever seen Sellers on special teams? He is the wedge buster, for those who don't now what that is, listen up. He lines up in the middle of the field when we kickoff, right beside the kicker. Once the ball is kicked he then runs full speed and takes on the wedge of the recieving team that usually consists of 4-5 guys bunched together. That is a no win situation for any single player but Sellers does it and does it better than anyone I have ever seen. The point here is this guy lives for huge contact, he has been quoted saying he would rather lead block and pancake some lonely sole then catch a TD pass and I believe him.

This guy is 280 pounds and running full speed at a 220 pound safety that probably thought Sellers would pull up since its non contact drills. I do not care if Archuleta benched 1000 pounds, if Sellers gets you lined up in his sights at full speed, you are going one of two places, the ground or backwards in a hurry. Sellers running at full speed is a major problem for opposing defenses and I am glad he is on our side.

Strenght is overrated just like the 40 times are in this sport, there important but not the determining factor for a good football player, Mr. Sellers is a football player folks.

280 vs 220 at full steam, Sellers wins that battle every single time. Leverage is everything in this game and football fans of any people should know this.

WE SPENT 3 MILLION A YEAR FOR A GUY THAT SUPPOSSEDLY CAN BENCH BRESS OVER 500 LBS AND DOES ALL HIS EVO-SPORT **** AND THEN GETS KNOCKED OFF HIS FEET TO THE GROUND BY SELLERS? I THOUGHT ARCHULETA HAD THE HIGHEST ****ING BENCH PRESS ON THE TEAM WE HAVE WASTED MAJOR MONEY ON THIS GUY.
Are you real? Or some kind of computer bot or what? Your posts are quickly becoming more and more ridiculous as the weeks go on. I don't see why this is big news anyway. Sellers is freaking massive, if he puts his weight behind himself he should truck most safeties- I mean he DID crush Dawkins last year, so I'm not really surprised he could truck Archuleta.
Sellars just taught AA how to really hit
You're sig is waaaaay too big dude, just resize the pictures when you host 'em somewhere to get 'em smaller.

Those numbers are only talked about to get these guys in the league during draft time. Then the football players come to the front.

unless you are a cowboy, then john madden will be fascinated with your ability to bench press 700 pounds

']Hmmmm' date=' I don't see Sellers blocking people in the secondary too often. And I''m having doubts he is going to have similar success against guys like Strahan, Osi, Arrington, Pierce, and Joseph.[/quote']

You're expecting Arrington to be where he's supposed to be, when he's supposed to be?

Tsk Tsk. Silly man!

:D

:helmet:

Has anyone ever seen Sellers on special teams? He is the wedge buster, for those who don't now what that is, listen up. He lines up in the middle of the field when we kickoff, right beside the kicker. Once the ball is kicked he then runs full speed and takes on the wedge of the recieving team that usually consists of 4-5 guys bunched together. That is a no win situation for any single player but Sellers does it and does it better than anyone I have ever seen. The point here is this guy lives for huge contact, he has been quoted saying he would rather lead block and pancake some lonely sole then catch a TD pass and I believe him.

This guy is 280 pounds and running full speed at a 220 pound safety that probably thought Sellers would pull up since its non contact drills. I do not care if Archuleta benched 1000 pounds, if Sellers gets you lined up in his sights at full speed, you are going one of two places, the ground or backwards in a hurry. Sellers running at full speed is a major problem for opposing defenses and I am glad he is on our side.

Strenght is overrated just like the 40 times are in this sport, there important but not the determining factor for a good football player, Mr. Sellers is a football player folks.

280 vs 220 at full steam, Sellers wins that battle every single time. Leverage is everything in this game and football fans of any people should know this.

Sometimes I think strength, shuttle and 40 times are overrated, other times I think its underated.

Either way, Sellers is strong, fast and as you duly noted, the size of a small car.

He looks in much better shape too. You know he was considered one of the top 3 football players in America coming out of HS.:point2sky

Archived