Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kffl tidbits...Sellers lays out Archuleta

CapitalDefense

Redskins | Team close to a contract with K. Simon

Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:31:31 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/177">David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports the Washington Redskins are close to a contract agreement with seventh-round draft pick LB Kevin Simon.

Redskins | Team close to a contract with Lefotu

Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:29:07 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/177">David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports the Washington Redskins are close to a contract agreement with seventh-round draft pick OG Kili Lefotu.

Redskins | Sellers lays out Archuleta

Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:27:05 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/177">David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports minicamp drills are expected to be non-contact drills, but Washington Redskins FB Mike Sellers knocked S Adam Archuleta off his feet after one short pass during practice Saturday, June 17.

Redskins | Friends may be battling for one spot

Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:23:34 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/177">David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins DTs Anthony Montgomery and Kedric Golston are in the awkward situation of being two friends battling for perhaps one roster spot along the defensive line. Both were 2006 draft choices. "It's going to be hard," assistant defensive line coach Kirk Olivadotti said when assessing the chances of Montgomery and Golston making the team. "We like both those guys and they're catching on, but they both have a long way to go. It's going to be hard. There are a lot of guys on the line who have been here and play the way we like them to play." Assistant head coach-defense Gregg Williams was a little more optimistic.

Redskins | Bugel trying to build offensive line depth

Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:15:30 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/191">Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports after being burned in a 2005 playoff game by lack of offensive line depth, Washington Redskins offensive line coach Joe Bugel wants to make sure he does not have that problem again in 2006. To prevent that kind of situation this season, the Redskins went about reshaping the line's depth. After the front-line players, Bugel has questions. "Depth is a big concern for us right now," he said. "But we have some young kids that have to come to the forefront. It's extremely important." 10 players are competing for precious few roster spots. None are older than 28, most can play more than one position and few have any starting experience. Depth is important for the Redskins because OT Chris Samuels has a history of minor knee problems, OG Randy Thomas is coming back from a fractured leg, OC Casey Rabach from shoulder surgery and a leg injury and OT Jon Jansen played the first half of last season with two broken thumbs.

LISTEN hateing giants fan your teams play in the post was embarassing to say the least.Also realize key word realize the 2 best D players you have are ones we dropped your O line hasn't been addressed your D is ok except for your secondary which gave up more big plays than the Broncos team we beat in the Super Bowl. Get Eli a few extra pairs of running cleats cause he will run for his life again just like young Simms in the play offs. the truth is a bitter pill to swallow Hail.

']Hmmmm' date=' I don't see Sellers blocking people in the secondary too often. And I''m having doubts he is going to have similar success against guys like Strahan, Osi, Arrington, Pierce, and Joseph.[/quote']

I would suspect he is wanting to do it against Arrington. :laugh:

']Hmmmm' date=' I don't see Sellers blocking people in the secondary too often. And I''m having doubts he is going to have similar success against guys like Strahan, Osi, Arrington, Pierce, and Joseph.[/quote']

Who said blocking?

I mean bullozing down the middle after catching a nice dump-off pass and laying the lumber to your DBs. :)

If he can get a good hit on Archuletta, then NOBODY in that Giant secondary will intimidate him. :)

LISTEN hateing giants fan your teams play in the post was embarassing to say the least.Also realize key word realize the 2 best D players you have are ones we dropped your O line hasn't been addressed your D is ok except for your secondary which gave up more big plays than the Broncos team we beat in the Super Bowl. Get Eli a few extra pairs of running cleats cause he will run for his life again just like young Simms in the play offs. the truth is a bitter pill to swallow Hail.[/Quote]

Ummmm, what?

You don't know me so I'll ignore that. Lighten up, I joke around with a lot of guys here.

Sorry Tom, but Arrington can't take on blocks. Brunell could throw a block at Arrington and he would try to avoid it somehow!!!

I beg to differ. He used to do it to Arrington and Pierce all the time

I wonder how you get layed out in non contact drills. I reckon it was some kind of incidental contact. I have faith that Arch will be a little different with pads on. Although,.... Sellers is a pretty big boy.

It was Sellers being a knucklehead. Tarhog or Murf or someone reported on this, and they said either Saunders or Williams said Sellers had been on the wrong side of plays about 17 times so far. :laugh:

Oh well.

Well he won't run over Arrington because he will overrun the play

Archived