Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help At CB???

moonsunny77

:helmet: I am realy tired of hearing people complain that we need better corner backs. In my opinion we have a top 5 secondary as it is maybe better. Our two starters are very good and they have Ade Jim Jimoh and Kenny Wright, who started for Jacksonville, who was in the NFC Chapionship game. Yeah, if we have injuries we are in trouble, but so is every team. That is the nature of football. We are better off than most and we have the best saftey combo in football.:eaglesuck :point2sky

we do NOT have top 5 starters. springs is old, rogers is still young and got beat some last year. kenny is a good 3rd corner, but after that were weak. it wouldnt be as important, but both of our starting cornerbacks were injured at some point last year, and GW likes to use a lot of DB's. we have a solid set of corners, but NOT top 5. and we need a little more depth.

\

Comming into this season, i feel alot better about jimoh than last season personally, he showed more effort than 2 walt harris's (maybe thats his problem.. trying to hard)..i would expect him to keep getting better as he has showed the last couple of seasons

I think our CB situation is better than it was last year. - Walt Harris was decent in coverage, but was a horrible tackler. - He's been replaced.

Carlos has another year under his belt and if we keep a 5th corner instead of a 5th saftey (like last year) than Christian Morton and Dimitri Patterson have had the advantage of having a whole off-season in the system under their belt as well.

Our starters are good. After that, we are damn weak. Depending on Ade Jimoh is NOT a good thing. Opposing teams are going to exploit this.

Our safeties are going to have their hands full. Luckily, our safeties are Taylor and Arch.

Ade jimoh stepped in just fine last year. He was better than Walt the Harris everytime IMO.

I think we have more depth at CB than any other team I know of. I'd like to know of one that has a better squad.

What other team has 4 1st round picks starting, both CB are top 10 athletic talent. If one of those 2 CB go down, our backup CB (Kenny Wright 6'1")started on the 8th best secondary in the NFL last year and he is only 27 years old.

After that Jimoh (Young and just coming into his own) and a number of the most promising UDFA corners from this past draft class, including that Chijioke Onyenegecha guy - He is real good and 6'1" check this out:

Strengths: Has rare size, speed and physical skills. Is smooth and plays with outstanding control. Matches up well against big receivers. Is adept at bump-and-run coverage. Has the speed to recover if beaten off the jam. Shows good burst to the ball. Has a wide wingspan and great leaping ability to win jump balls. Against the run, fills holes hard and is not afraid to hit somebody. Is a great tackler.

Weaknesses: Does not work hard, and hasn't fulfilled potential. Is inconsistent in coverage, and gives up too many big plays. Needs a lot of safety help. Must improve technique. Played through hamstring problems as a senior.

Bottom line: Onyenegecha has elite measurable skills but hasn’t played to his potential. He must improve his route-recognition skills and field awareness.

Height: 6-1 fraction_3-8.gif Weight: 215 40-yard dash: 4.52 10-yard dash: 1.64 20-yard shuttle: 4.34 Broad jump: 10-2 225-lb. bench: 16 3-cone drill: 7.23 Vertical jump: 35 fraction_1-2.gif Wonderlic: 8 20-yard dash: 2.65

edit: As amazingly talented as this guy seems for an UDFA, I'm scared that he'll make the team and I'll have to try and pronounce his name:doh:

:helmet: I am realy tired of hearing people complain that we need better corner backs. In my opinion we have a top 5 secondary as it is maybe better. Our two starters are very good and they have Ade Jim Jimoh and Kenny Wright, who started for Jacksonville, who was in the NFC Chapionship game. Yeah, if we have injuries we are in trouble, but so is every team. That is the nature of football. We are better off than most and we have the best saftey combo in football.:eaglesuck :point2sky

Jacksonville was in the NFC Championship? They must be good to skip conferences.

Our starters are good. After that, we are damn weak. Depending on Ade Jimoh is NOT a good thing. Opposing teams are going to exploit this.

Our safeties are going to have their hands full. Luckily, our safeties are Taylor and Arch.

Apparently Jimoh has been impressive this offseason? I think I've heard that somewhere, hopefully it's true. He's not great, but last year there were times where he stepped up and played well.

to those saying we are weak at corner, Walt Harris is likely to start for the 49ers...thats weak.

Ours will be weak with injuries, but what team wouldnt???

Yah right?

I actually heard Brian Mitchell say on his radio show last week:

We have four first rounders in the secondary, but if both our CB get hurt our depth is really a problem.

ARE YOU FRIKKIN KIDDING ME? Has there EVER been a team in the NFL that could lose BOTH CB yet be OK? Sometimes I want to stab that man. Just kidding...:silly:

I think our CB situation is better than it was last year. - Walt Harris was decent in coverage, but was a horrible tackler. - He's been replaced.

Carlos has another year under his belt and if we keep a 5th corner instead of a 5th saftey (like last year) than Christian Morton and Dimitri Patterson have had the advantage of having a whole off-season in the system under their belt as well.

It's funny - personally I thought Walt Harris was fairly weak in coverage, but was a decent tackler. I thought one of the biggest plays of the season was one he made in the 14-13 win at Dallas. On the dallas possession right after we took the lead, one play after Sean Taylor absolutely hammered patrick crayton on 3rd and 4 at our 42, dallas went for it on 4th and 4 and Harris made a great tackle to prevent terry glenn from getting the 1st down. In any case, I thought Harris needed to be replaced (due to his weak coverage) and I'm hoping Wright will be an improvement. I agree that Christian Morton and/or Dimitri Patterson could end up being contributors.

Yah right?

I actually heard Brian Mitchell say on his radio show last week:

We have four first rounders in the secondary, but if both our CB get hurt our depth is really a problem.

ARE YOU FRIKKIN KIDDING ME? Has there EVER been a team in the NFL that could lose BOTH CB yet be OK? Sometimes I want to stab that man. Just kidding...:silly:

You sure that was Mitchell or Madden? :obvious:

I means thats like saying if you lose Portis and ladell betts you are really in the crapper. Or, man you guys better not lose your starting THREE linebackers, or you skins arent going to do too well. I'd hate to see you guys lose Moss, cooley, portis and brunell or your depth will surely hurt you!!!!!

:jerk:

We have Kenny Wright as a #3 CB, and people want to talk about us being weak at secondary? He was a starter for a top NFL defense(Say what you will about Jax, they have had a great defense every year for a long time), and for us, hes going to be DEMOTED. Thats how solid we are at CB.

Rogers is too young? He played great last year and has all the potential in the world. Springs is too old? Hes a vet who still plays great. Since when is it a remotely smart thing to do to base talent on age? So what if springs is "old"? That only matters if you are talking about 2 years down the line, not his current play level. Its just stupid. Anyone who talks about our two corners age is just looking for excuses to rip the team.

Didn't that happen to NE? Could be wrong, but I thought that's why troy brown stepped in as cb (hey, maybe we finally found a real calling for taylor jacobs!) :D

Harris absolutely sucked in coverage. He was a human burn. The equipment manager said he had so much trouble getting the cleat marks off the back of Harris' jersey.

He could tackle OK, but the problem was, he was never around the WR to tackle him. I think we'll be fine at CB. Wright is a BIG upgrade from Harris, Jemoh has improved and Patterson has also improved.

This is getting tiresome.

Springs has been playing at Pro Bowl level, in my opinion. Rogers is only going to get better. Wright is an upgrade over Harris and capable of being a full-time starter on a top defense.

Can someone please name a team with THREE better corners?

It's funny - personally I thought Walt Harris was fairly weak in coverage, but was a decent tackler. I thought one of the biggest plays of the season was one he made in the 14-13 win at Dallas. On the dallas possession right after we took the lead, one play after Sean Taylor absolutely hammered patrick crayton on 3rd and 4 at our 42, dallas went for it on 4th and 4 and Harris made a great tackle to prevent terry glenn from getting the 1st down. In any case, I thought Harris needed to be replaced (due to his weak coverage) and I'm hoping Wright will be an improvement. I agree that Christian Morton and/or Dimitri Patterson could end up being contributors.

I do admit he came up huge in the Dallas game, but hurt us big time in the regular season Tampa game and both Eagles games by his poor tackling. - Coverage-wise it seems like he didn't do well in zones - which Williams likes to run a lot of. It seemed like if he was manned up with someone he was fine.

Ade jimoh stepped in just fine last year. He was better than Walt the Harris everytime IMO.

I think we have more depth at CB than any other team I know of. I'd like to know of one that has a better squad.

What other team has 4 1st round picks starting, both CB are top 10 athletic talent. If one of those 2 CB go down, our backup CB (Kenny Wright 6'1")started on the 8th best secondary in the NFL last year and he is only 27 years old.

After that Jimoh (Young and just coming into his own) and a number of the most promising UDFA corners from this past draft class, including that Chijioke Onyenegecha guy - He is real good and 6'1" check this out:

Strengths: Has rare size, speed and physical skills. Is smooth and plays with outstanding control. Matches up well against big receivers. Is adept at bump-and-run coverage. Has the speed to recover if beaten off the jam. Shows good burst to the ball. Has a wide wingspan and great leaping ability to win jump balls. Against the run, fills holes hard and is not afraid to hit somebody. Is a great tackler.

Weaknesses: Does not work hard, and hasn't fulfilled potential. Is inconsistent in coverage, and gives up too many big plays. Needs a lot of safety help. Must improve technique. Played through hamstring problems as a senior.

Bottom line: Onyenegecha has elite measurable skills but hasn’t played to his potential. He must improve his route-recognition skills and field awareness.

Height: 6-1 fraction_3-8.gif Weight: 215 40-yard dash: 4.52 10-yard dash: 1.64 20-yard shuttle: 4.34 Broad jump: 10-2 225-lb. bench: 16 3-cone drill: 7.23 Vertical jump: 35 fraction_1-2.gif Wonderlic: 8 20-yard dash: 2.65

edit: As amazingly talented as this guy seems for an UDFA, I'm scared that he'll make the team and I'll have to try and pronounce his name:doh:

YES, i really want to see this guy make the team. he was supposed to have a monster senior year but that didnt happen. i'm glad we picked him up.

Archived