Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Over the past month, TNA has really been solid. IMPACT was good again last night.

Is it just me or should they not sign all 4 of those guys that were involved with the X Division qualifiers? At least keep Sonjay around for good. That double footstomp moonsault finisher hurt just watching it.

Edited by f_trizzy

Is it just me or should they not sign all 4 of those guys that were involved with the X Division qualifiers? At least keep Sonjay around for good. That double footstomp moonsault finisher hurt just watching it.

Yeah, I think we will end up seeing all four down the road. I was disappointed when they let Sonjay go the last time around.

The only things I didn't care for last night were:

1) The continuation of the AJ/Dixie/Claire storyline. I was hoping it was dead after last week's trainwreck conclusion to Impact but unfortunately, they are going to drag this one out. The only silver lining is that Kaz and Daniels are staying together as a tag team which I prefer.

2) For the 2nd week they ignore the attack on Sting (other than a brief mention by Hogan). I really hope the 3 attackers are going to be a storyline involving the return of Jeff Jarrett.

3) Is Devon no longer defending the TV title? 2nd show in a row he hasn't defended after Hogan said he would be defending it every week.

The things I did like:

1) The X division matches were good. A few botches but nothing devestatingly bad. They need new talent in the X division and I think this tournament is a good way of bringing in fresh faces.

2) The tag match main event was another good one. I'll never get tired of seeing those 4 guys in the ring together.

3) Joey Ryan returning to heckle Taz during the Gut Check segment. I like the angle they are taking with him here.

4) Tessmacher replacing Matt Morgan on the Direct Auto Insurance commercials :mmm:

I'm worried about that too...i'm not sure he fits the pg era mold at all. Hopefully with the 1,000 episode of Raw they're going to usher in a somewhat, slightly more provocative new era. I know we won't be seeing another attitude era anytime soon. But they've gotta do something to spice up the product. Hopefully, they let Ambrose and some of these other guys show what they're capable of.

I don't think they'll alienate their target audience (kids). That Jericho/Cena promo was painful

Cena (when referring to MITB: "I'm gonna win the whole fudgin' thing"

Jericho: "Fudgin'? What are you 9?"

Cena: "Well this is a PG show Chris, so in fact, most of our viewers are 9."

Jericho had that "Did this dude realy just say that?" look on his face. I was waiting for him to go into his old "Would you pleease SHUT.THE HELL.UP." routine, but he obviously isn't that character anymore.

A couple things....Trizz, i don't watch TNA regularly...or very much at all for that matter, but i do know about the attack on Sting. I heard that it was simply a way to get him off tv for a while to feature the BFG series they've been running with. I've heard that when he returns they may run with the attack as an angle, or they may sweep it under the rug all together.

As it pertains to Cena....it's funny because the WWE's target audience actually aren't 9 year olds....their demographics on their own website say otherwise. http://corporate.wwe.com/company/overview.jsp

Like i said, i don't expect the attitude era to come back....but not to kick it up just a notch is absurd. The programming has been overly boring, and one talent is the same as the next. Let these guys branch out and become something on their own instead of just burying them when the "gimmick" you gave them isn't getting over with fans.

A couple things....Trizz, i don't watch TNA regularly...or very much at all for that matter, but i do know about the attack on Sting. I heard that it was simply a way to get him off tv for a while to feature the BFG series they've been running with. I've heard that when he returns they may run with the attack as an angle, or they may sweep it under the rug all together.

I've heard this too and hope it isn't true. I read some rumors that think the attackers could resurface during next week's Hardy vs. Storm match. If that's the case, then they have to have some sort of angle in the works. Like I said before, it would be perfect to have this lead to Jarrett's return. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

---------- Post added June-29th-2012 at 01:50 PM ----------

I don't know if creative came up with the gimmick for your boy Sandow, but he is one of my favorite wrestlers right now. can't wait to see him get some real storylines.

I don't follow WWE that closely but I will flip on RAW or Smackdown if I'm bored. I've seen Sandow and few times and I like him too. Just something about him, kind of reminds me of a better version of the Genius mixed with Waylon Mercy :ols:

Speaking of Smackdown, do they have any real plans for that Ryback dude? Every time I see SD, he's manhandling 2 guys that look like they were pulled out of the stands. Is he too green yet for anything other than squash matches?

Edited by f_trizzy

I think they're taking their time with Ryback...some think he's not polished enough in the ring. So yeah i guess he's still too green at the moment. Plus i think they're gonna put him in the ring with 3 guys before they can find a suitable heel to come out and challenge him. My guess is that his first actual challenge will come in the form of a Heath Slater or a Michael McGillicuty...something like that.

As for Sandow....he's got a Money In The Bank qualifying match against Zack Ryder tonight. I doubt he'll lose that to Ryder....so possibly look for Sandow in the World Heavyweight Championship MITB match.....there are probably spoilers out there for tonight's smackdown, but i haven't read them if so.

Edited by Drop

The only things I didn't care for last night were:

1) The continuation of the AJ/Dixie/Claire storyline. I was hoping it was dead after last week's trainwreck conclusion to Impact but unfortunately, they are going to drag this one out. The only silver lining is that Kaz and Daniels are staying together as a tag team which I prefer.

2) For the 2nd week they ignore the attack on Sting (other than a brief mention by Hogan). I really hope the 3 attackers are going to be a storyline involving the return of Jeff Jarrett.

3) Is Devon no longer defending the TV title? 2nd show in a row he hasn't defended after Hogan said he would be defending it every week.

The things I did like:

1) The X division matches were good. A few botches but nothing devestatingly bad. They need new talent in the X division and I think this tournament is a good way of bringing in fresh faces.

2) The tag match main event was another good one. I'll never get tired of seeing those 4 guys in the ring together.

3) Joey Ryan returning to heckle Taz during the Gut Check segment. I like the angle they are taking with him here.

4) Tessmacher replacing Matt Morgan on the Direct Auto Insurance commercials :mmm:

I'll just comment on two of your dislikes.

1. TNA is doing just fine without Jerrett. No need to bring him back at this time.

2. Do we really need to see Devon every week? I know he's the TV champ, but that doesn't mean he needs to be on TV every week.

What happened with Dixie and AJ Styles? Are they having an affair? I missed the last couple weeks shows? Who is Claire?

2 weeks ago it was revealed that Dixie and AJ were helping out a family friend of Dixie's who was a pregnant junkie (Claire). She came to the ring and explained what had been going on while doing the worst fake cry I've ever seen. Daniels and Kaz came to the ring to try and stop it and wound up getting a beat down from AJ. Then last week Daniels proclaimed that AJ is the father of Claire's unborn child.

I'll just comment on two of your dislikes.

1. TNA is doing just fine without Jerrett. No need to bring him back at this time.

2. Do we really need to see Devon every week? I know he's the TV champ, but that doesn't mean he needs to be on TV every week.

1. They could do even better with a Sting vs. Jarrett storyline. But primarily I just don't want them to dismiss the whole "attackers" angle.

2. No we don't need to see Devon every week, which is why they need him to drop the TV title to someone people actually care about.

Edited by f_trizzy

TNA sucks now, worse than Raw....imo. I watched it last week for the first time in 1-2 years and its so freaking weak its almost pathetic. Both companies seem to keep trading super stars and poor ole TNA just cant expand on their roster or write a story line worth watching. WWE story lines are kinda crappy too, but they still have all the talent and monopolize the market. I really wish a lot of WWE superstars would bolt for TNA like what happened back in 1996-98 when it was the sweet ass Monday Night War between WWE and WCW.

Id like to see both brands offering top matches/story lines again, but I dont think that will ever happen again.

Yeah, out of what I saw from Raw last night, I'd say that it was pretty good as well. While the AJ storyline is a bit unusual, it's interesting to watch. Seems like there were rumors that DDP would show up last night, but instead, we get Doink... I'd say that was highly forgettable.

Yeah, out of what I saw from Raw last night, I'd say that it was pretty good as well. While the AJ storyline is a bit unusual, it's interesting to watch. Seems like there were rumors that DDP would show up last night, but instead, we get Doink... I'd say that was highly forgettable.
DDP came out after doink lost and hit a diamond cutter. And NO it wasnt Matt Bourne unfortuneately.

Damn. I actually turned to the match, and all it took for me was a second after I saw that damn clown, to change the channel :doh:.

Doink is the great blown gimmick in wrestling history. Matt Bourne was a great worker and all clowns should be evil. Turning Doink face was stupid. And, of course, Bourne is a drug addict who has blown every opportunity he ever had in wrestling.

In 1992, if you were asked, which character would still be over in 2012, would you answer the zombie who only chokes people or the high-flying evil clown, which would you have chosen?

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

So....AJ is now apparently the biggest star in the WWE. That is not what I expected when Lesnar signed up.

PS Lesnar is going to get buried by HHH.

AJ is getting an insane push. The whole "pay attention to me" storyline is iffy though.

They are lacking in quality heals....where is Miz? He can talk a little smack.

Doink is the great blown gimmick in wrestling history. Matt Bourne was a great worker and all clowns should be evil. Turning Doink face was stupid. And' date=' of course, Bourne is a drug addict who has blown every opportunity he ever had in wrestling.[/quote'] Bourne is super talented though it's unfortunate about his demons. But boy could he cut a heel promo. He carried his feud with crush going into wrestlemania 9 and actually made people care about sorry ass crush.

Bourne is super talented though it's unfortunate about his demons. But boy could he cut a heel promo. He carried his feud with crush going into wrestlemania 9 and actually made people care about sorry ass crush.

Bourne was never going to be heavyweight champion, but he could have been a great Intercontinental champion in WWF. And he was born (wordplay!) to be a WCW tv champion. He was such a screw-up though.

Even now, he's a decent worker on the Indy Circuit.