Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone else have this problem??

glikster04

I think the Redskins should coin the disease "RW" - Redskins Withdrawal.

Symptoms:

headache

sadness

excessive amounts of time spent on ES

excessive amounts of time watching past games

I have all of these problems. I need the season to start now!!!

PS - this is my 100th post :D

:logo:

Don't forget to add diarhea to the list.

hasn't happend to me yet...heh

Besides the offseason, I even hate waiting 6 days for the next Sunday to come lol.

agreed. but it does get me through my week. it makes me actually do my homework because i tell myself "Sunday is football day. No work shall be done."

This is the offseason ... time to get a mistress, take those weekend trips that you couldn't take during the regular season (Atlantic City, Vegas ...), stock up on $$$ for the regular season so that you can travel to away games, and work on your golf game. The season will be upon us soon and yes withdrawl sucks ... but it also makes the regular season that much more special!

I feel ya man. I tried switching over to Madden in the off-season, but it is just a temporary cure. I was wondering if there was a way to be put in a surgically induced coma during the off-season just to be awaken come pre-season. Might even pro-long my life a bit.

glikster, you're clearly suffering from OSS (Off-Season Syndrome). This is similar to SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and seems to run in a cycle.

For most patients, OSS begins in early February, and doesn't begin to show signs of improvement until mid to late July. There is no known cure, but some sufferers have found temporary relief by watching Redskins highlights on NFL Network.

Take comfort in knowing that you're not alone. The support group here at ES is over 50,000 strong. No matter how bad you feel, there's someone here who has been through it before, and can help you. ;)

:logo: HAIL! :helmet:

agreed. but it does get me through my week. it makes me actually do my homework because i tell myself "Sunday is football day. No work shall be done."

This reminds me of the Alabama song High Cotton:

When sunday mornings rolled around

We dressed up in hand-me downs

Just in time, together with the church.

Sometimes I think how long its been

And how it impressed me then

It was the only day my daddy wouldnt work.

That's because Daddy was a Redskins fan! I've found it's hard to do work when one arrives at FedEx at 10:00am and doesn't leave until almost 8:00pm. That has to be the worst part of OSS - not getting dressed up every other Sunday morning in Skins' gear, pimping the ride with burgundy and gold, and driving to FedEx with a huge smile on my face. Waiting 'till Sunday makes everything in between insignificant.

It's very tough. Every year. I would be somewhat happy when NFL Live start airing again on ESPN. I be happy for preseason to start but that last for a week or 2 , but It gives me something to talk about before the season

I think the Redskins should coin the disease "RW" - Redskins Withdrawal.

Symptoms:

headache

sadness

excessive amounts of time spent on ES

excessive amounts of time watching past games

I have all of these problems. I need the season to start now!!!

PS - this is my 100th post :D

thank you for not titling your thread, "my 100th post!" but actually making a relevant thread, and then casually menioning it was your 100th post at the end.

Archived