Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One of my hobbies................

Pete

OK, started this one last night. Last one for now, gotta get some real work done :laugh:

Thanks for all the kind words, and support. I'll bump this up when I get some time, and do some more.

:cheers:

Confederate Soldiers' Home, Richmond, 1908

• 1 year later...
A little closer to home for some of ya folks....

Newport News

I believe Buxton & Parker was an old law firm on Hunnington Ave., in probably what is now called East End. Buxton was a very prominent name/family.

Pete...I got some old b&w photos from the area. One is of a skipjack that

my great grandfather owned. Another is my mom's father in front of first

car he ever bought (a 1917 Ford). Photo was taken in 1919.

If you want any old pics let me know.

Good work Pete. When I was teaching Photoshop that was one of the projects that I had my students do. Take a B&W photograph, and colorize it. Do you use the blend modes at all? Or are you just playing around with opacity? Because if you want more natural skin tones blend modes work well. Blend modes work very well in general, for skin tones and otherwise. Off the top of my head, Overlay is one that works well. But over all good stuff.

Have you done any more of these, Pete? or just never went back to it after 'the real work'? :laugh:

Things have been nuts, and I haven't been up to it for a while.

I believe Buxton & Parker was an old law firm on Hunnington Ave., in probably what is now called East End. Buxton was a very prominent name/family.

Pete...I got some old b&w photos from the area. One is of a skipjack that

my great grandfather owned. Another is my mom's father in front of first

car he ever bought (a 1917 Ford). Photo was taken in 1919.

If you want any old pics let me know.

Check the PM I sent, but actually, send everything you got.

Good work Pete. When I was teaching Photoshop that was one of the projects that I had my students do. Take a B&W photograph, and colorize it. Do you use the blend modes at all? Or are you just playing around with opacity? Because if you want more natural skin tones blend modes work well. Blend modes work very well in general, for skin tones and otherwise. Off the top of my head, Overlay is one that works well. But over all good stuff.

Never did the blend modes. I'll have to give it a shot. If I have any questions, I'll know who to contact ;)

• 7 months later...

OK, it's been a while, but I'm bringin this one back to life.

Like many, I have been just a tad stressed :rolleyes: this week over all the happy horse **** with the team. I needed to get rid of a little stress, so I stepped back, and played for a while with some pics a friend posted on our club site.

Hope ya like them............ Circa 1948. The way the coaching search is going, I'd say there's more to come :)

PICS01-00122-L.jpg

Trophygirl.jpg

PICS01-00094-L.jpg

Funattrack.jpg

:laugh:

Is that a young G.W. Bush in the first pic? :laugh:

Awesome work Pete. The skin tones are coming along nicely. I can't imagine how tough that must be. The girl in the middle, and the guy on the right in the second pic look especially good.

(Also, in addition to GWB, you have a celebrity in the second photo too. The guy on the left is a young Carl Edwards (NASCAR driver.))

:laugh:

Is that a young G.W. Bush in the first pic? :laugh:

Awesome work Pete. The skin tones are coming along nicely. I can't imagine how tough that must be. The girl in the middle, and the guy on the right in the second pic look especially good.

(Also, in addition to GWB, you have a celebrity in the second photo too. The guy on the left is a young Carl Edwards (NASCAR driver.))

Hey, the chicks are Sweedish, German, and Italian, so the skin tones are just fine ;) :laugh:

The GWB didn't catch my eye till you pointed it out............ scarey :laugh:

Archived