Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Wait List? (GB OR Washington Longer?)

DButz65

Ok arguing with a packers fan about who has the longer wait between

franchises for season tickets, and whos list is bigger. I say Skins he says packers by far, i say BS.

So who has the longer wait for season tickets, skins or packers?

p.s. links with articles or something would be cool :)

Probably the packers since 30,000+ got taken off our waiting list when The Fed opened in 97. Packers do have a legit waiting list since A) There is not much more to do or talk about in Green Bay and the state of Wisconsin actually then Packer football (Badger football is second, but not very close) B) their wait list is stagnent. Packer fans don't give up season tickets easily if at all.

I do not know the answer, but I do know that Lambeau holds MANY fewer fans than FedEx (91000+ vs. 72000+), so I will assume that the there is more turnover every year at FedEx. Meaning, you will get tickets from the same spot in a waiting list quicker at FedEx than at Lambeau.

I do not know the answer, but I do know that Lambeau holds MANY fewer fans than FedEx (91000+ vs. 72000+), so I will assume that the there is more turnover every year at FedEx. Meaning, you will get tickets from the same spot in a waiting list quicker at FedEx than at Lambeau.

What about Arizona? That list has to be long. I mean did you forget to add them to the BIG 3??? :laugh:

In terms of numbers, we might have a longer list, but it is MUCH more difficult for a Packe fan to get season tickets. The wait is about 35 years, whereas in Fedex you can join a club and you automatically get tickets. You can't buy your way into Pack tickets, althought that might change as they struggle to generate more revenue.

What about Arizona? That list has to be long. I mean did you forget to add them to the BIG 3??? :laugh:

Actually, for the first time ever, the Cardinal sDO have a waiting list...there are like 15 people on it. I live in Phoenix and did purchase season tickets to the Cardinals. There are a few games that won't interfere with the Skins games, but I live just 10 minutes away so I will just come late to a game or two.

I'm in the upper level on the goal line and my seats were $25 each. $500 for the season for 2 seats. Hey, it's football.

But don't get me wrong...I am ALL about the Redskins.

it is impossible to get season tickets at a packers game,

as for the skins for a team that says the waitlist is so long, do not believe them, i signed up 5 years ago and was called in 2 years, my brother in law was on the wait list for 3 years, i know about 10 different groups that have season tickets and none waited longer then 5 years

what sucks now if you want to get tickets on the lower bowl then you have to pay for those endzone seats :doh: they will not give anyone lower bowl tickets unless you buy those dream seats

Guest peele

I don't know about this whole list thing. I applied for season tickets during the year last year just because I fugured I'd never have much chance to be taken off the list any time soon. The number on the list was like 200 thousand and some change if I recall. What is funny is about a month or two ago I received a call wanting to know if I wanted my tickets for 2 seats. Of course I didn't have the money because I wasn't really expecting so I told them to leave me on the list anyways. Totally unexpected, so I don't know how this whole thing works for the season tix.

Going by the numbers, the Redskins probably have a longer list of fans trying to acquire tickets.

However going by time, the Packers probably have a longer wait.

The stadium is smaller, but there are so many displaced diehard Packers fans that will travel to GB 8-10 times a year. My brother lives in Chicago and is a diehard Packers fan, with connections in Wisconsin, yet he still has a hard time getting tickets and when he has to pay for seats it is quite expensive compared to other teams.

Now if the Redskins were still playing in RFK...forget about it.

Those of you being offered tickets within a few years of signing up on the list are being offered "premium seating". If you join the tailgate or touchdown Club or buy Club seats, you move to the head of the line.

You are not being offered general admission tickets.

Essentially, if you got lots of money, you can buy season tickets relatively quickly. If your a medium or low income person, you wait quite a while for general admisstion tickets.

My dad waited close to 20 years to get our seats, he didn't even live in Virginia anymore by then nor did he have the same wife. I'll have to ask him about the exact date but I think it did coincide with the opening of the new stadium. We have since upgraded to the club level while my half brother now has our old nosebleed seats, not sure how that came to be either.

Anyway, if you factor in the stadium upgrade taking a big chunk of our list, I'd say we have a larger market and a thus a longer list than the Packers. I wouldnt be surprised if they were very close second though. Their team is as old and decorated as our own.

Don't quote me but I seem to remember back when we were at RFK, the redskins had the longest waiting list for season tickets in the NFL. I can remember hearing the jokes about putting your unborn grandchildren on the list with hopes of them getting tickets when they reached their majority. I do remember my dad taking me to Griffith stadium for a redskins game and we bought tickets at the gate.

Probably the packers since 30,000+ got taken off our waiting list when The Fed opened in 97.

This is not correct. I was number 13,000 something on the list in 1996 and I wasn't offered seats. Although RFK was 55,000+ and the new stadium was 79,000, roughly 17,000 seats in the new stadium were premium seating, meaning only about 6,000-7,000 general admissions seats were added. Since each person on the list is entitled to two seats, only 3,500 or so names came off the waiting list. Many on the list were offered premium seating in advance of the general public, however, so I bought club seats at that time. Meanwhile, I think the Redskins started hemmoraging seats way up top of the upper deck, so the waiting list really started to move. My name was on the list twice. My names finally came up in 1999, just before Snyder took over. I sold my club contract and joined the fray upstairs.

Wow I'm surprised no one has found any links yet. I'm going to go with the Redskins. I never hear announcers talk about how the waiting list is enormous when I'm watching a Packers game, yet I do hear them say it during pre-game on tv for SKins games. Flawed logic.. yeah probably. :) but that's what I think.

People don't give up their season tickets in Green Bay.. It just doesn't happen. They keep them until they die, and then they leave them to somebody in their will. The Skins may have a larger # of people waiting, but you will get your tickets a hella lot faster in Washington than Green Bay. THey are definately the top 2 teams for waiting lists, though.

People don't give up their season tickets in Green Bay.. It just doesn't happen. They keep them until they die, and then they leave them to somebody in their will. The Skins may have a larger # of people waiting, but you will get your tickets a hella lot faster in Washington than Green Bay. THey are definately the top 2 teams for waiting lists, though.

I believe what Beaudry said is true.

The Skins have a longer waiting list, but it takes longer to get tickets from the Packers.

I saw a segment on ESPN last year about the Packers, and they were talking to a Packer fan that just got his season tickets, after waiting.....

33 years!!!!!!!!

Two examples that should establish some sort of idea.

My buddy signed up in 1983, just got his tickets starting in 2004. This is with the change in stadiums, and ten rough seasons.

I am #103,000 or so, I signed up four years ago. I don't have exact numbers but it would seem the GB guy has to come up with similar examples.

Archived