Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Wait List? (GB OR Washington Longer?)

DButz65

Personally, I think the Redskins wait list is BS anyway. Some teams charge a small deposit to have your name placed on the list, and it's refunded when you finally purchase your tickets. I think if the Skins did this, the list would be significantly shorter. It's too easy to sign up.

They are definitly fanatics in Green Bay. All you need to do is dangle some cheese in front of them and the bull charges. The skins have the larger waiting list, but GB is more difficult to get tickets. My friend is from Milwaukee and is a GB fan and he says they sell out the preseason games. Now I know we also sell out the preseason games, but the difference is the Packers fans actually go to these games.

They are definitly fanatics in Green Bay. All you need to do is dangle some cheese in front of them and the bull charges. The skins have the larger waiting list, but GB is more difficult to get tickets. My friend is from Milwaukee and is a GB fan and he says they sell out the preseason games. Now I know we also sell out the preseason games, but the difference is the Packers fans actually go to these games.

They don't have ANYTHING else to do.

Personally, I think the Redskins wait list is BS anyway. Some teams charge a small deposit to have your name placed on the list, and it's refunded when you finally purchase your tickets. I think if the Skins did this, the list would be significantly shorter. It's too easy to sign up.

Season tickets to the Redskins cost a lot more than the $500 for seats in Arizona. Maybe that has something to do with the number of people who sign up--they think that by the time they come up on the list, they'll have the money.

Two examples that should establish some sort of idea.

My buddy signed up in 1983, just got his tickets starting in 2004. This is with the change in stadiums, and ten rough seasons.

I am #103,000 or so, I signed up four years ago. I don't have exact numbers but it would seem the GB guy has to come up with similar examples.

That's crazy. I signed up in 1988, the day after the Doug Williams SB, and got my tix in 1999. WTF?

Spoke to my buddy after reading this to find out if he was being truthful. Apparently he passed on tickets around 93'-94' because he couldn't afford them so he went to the back of the list again. Sorry for the misperception. Looks like about a 12 year waiting period is accurate.

As for the Packers list I would put forth the concept that whether the Pack win or lose their retention is probably better than the Redskins, especially after 10 or so bad years.

That's crazy. I signed up in 1988, the day after the Doug Williams SB, and got my tix in 1999. WTF?

I signed up in 1987 and got mine in 2003. It sounds like the waiting list has the same consistency as the upgrade program. :logo:

True story here...

My pop signed up in 1967 for season tix and in 1992 he called the tix office to put me on the list. After wards he asks...oh by the way if he was on the list. Come to find out...he asks the ticket office people if they still had any record of him being on the list. He thought that it had been so long and that he moved THREE times since then that they had already pulled his # and tried to contact him and couldnt (due to him moving).

They say YES your are # 2,500 out of 45,000. My dad was in SHOCK...and so was I....so he added me and then we waited and in '93 we got the call and bamm we had two Lower Level seats.

He had to wait 26 years. This year he got so angered when he found out the upped the prices by 40% that he was going to give them up...then 3 days before the payment due deadline i told him that it would be a mistake that we would regret making and that I would just sell a chunk to my friends etc.. .to recoup the costs.

Im still somewhere on that list...i will call one of these days...i dont know if the Skins have a policy on 2 family members having 2 different sets of season tix.

My number is around 56,000k...I called the other day. When i got on the list about 2yrs ago I was at 90,000+, I think the new seat additions helped me out a little bit. Perfect scenario is that I get them relatively close to retirement age. Live out my Sundays getting drunk in Fed Ex.

Archived