Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lions get blasted - unnecessary roughness

NightHawk777

Good article. If I were marinelli, I would run that group of pansies until someone passed out with a heat stroke. I would then tell them that practice will return to pre-complaint ways and if someone complains about it I will run them till 2 guys pass out with heat stroke. I would then continue this until either every player is in the hospital or has bowed down to my authority. That team is and has been ridiculously pathetic for years and will contiure that way if a coach can't control those weak players.

This sounds a lot like the situation with Tom Coughlin when he first came to the Giants. That's what happens when a disciplined coach comes in to a team thats not used to it.

Yeah I think that a disciplined coach is just what the doctor ordered in Detroit.

the Lions have always been one of the softest teams in the NFL. it's about time somebody tried to turn this club around.

the front office, though, has been dreadful. Aaron Gibson was a bust. Stockar McDougale was a bust. Joey Harrington was a bust.

who drafts Mike Williams when you already have two top 10 picks at WR chosen in the past 2 years? :laugh:

Mat Millen has gotten his fair chance of chances to hire a head coach as well. Morninweg, Mariucci, etc.

I couldn't believe it after I read this. These guys actually complained about practicing TOO HARD?! They're pro football players for christ's sake, they're expected to be in the best of shape and to be tough. No wonder the Lions don't get any respect from anyone, including their own fans.

If I were a Lions fan this article would make me very happy. Time to pare away some of the deadwood. If you recall we had a similar issue last year with our practices and lost a couple of days as well.

Big difference. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE.

In the Lions situation... the players complained to the NFLPA.

In the Redskins situation... NFLPA Executives went on to Redskins.com and watched video of OTA's and perceived their to be too much contact. Redskin players didn't complain :)

In fact, it has more similarities to the Giants when Coughlin took over 2 years ago.

Big difference. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE.

In the Lions situation... the players complained to the NFLPA.

In the Redskins situation... NFLPA Executives went on to Redskins.com and watched video of OTA's and perceived their to be too much contact. Redskin players didn't complain :)

yep, several players defended the OTA's and felt the penalties were unnecessary.

Archived