Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ariz. Posse to Arrest Illegal Immigrants

Thiebear

Whats the over/under on France letting him go?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the over/under on France letting him go?

• Never! They will make him Rot in jail
    • 10 years, they forgive.....
    • 5 years, they have to setup a deal
    • 2 years, they will have to put out the fires
    • 6 months, it'll be part of the student jobs protest.
    • Immediately in a premeditated surrender...

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/04/D8HD8A9O0.html

A posse of 100 volunteers and sheriff's deputies will patrol the Phoenix area and arrest any illegal immigrants, the county sheriff said.

The group likely will be deployed across parts of Maricopa County by the weekend, Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Wednesday.

Volunteers will be drawn from the department's 3,000-member posse, whose members are trained and are often former deputies.

"It's important to send the message out to stay in Mexico and don't come roaming around here hoping you're going to get amnesty," said Arpaio, who in years past gained notoriety for putting inmates on chain gangs and issuing them striped uniforms and pink underwear.

Arpaio's deputies have already arrested about 120 illegal immigrants using a new state smuggling law.

"We're going to arrest any illegal who violates this new law," he said. "I'm not going to turn these people over to federal authorities so they can have a free ride back to Mexico. I'll give them a free ride into the county jail."

*my opinion*

As with abortion, religion, illegal immigration: You just can't have enough, you have to push and push and just when you think its over: They push a little harder.. Then you get blowback... This is the blowback.....

"We're going to arrest any illegal who violates this new law," he said. "I'm not going to turn these people over to federal authorities so they can have a free ride back to Mexico. I'll give them a free ride into the county jail."

The only free ride these "people" should be getting is back to the Mexican border to be dumped on the other side after the Deputies/Posse have shot them. Since they're dead, the bodies work as a nice reminder of the potential consequences of illegally crossing the border.

Wow, the local authorities want to pay for jail time for a large number of people? Have to say I'm gladd it's not my county and may tax dollars. My jails are alreayd full. They'd have to find a vacancy first or build a new jail.

I also wonder/worry a little bit about the grief they will give legal immigrants while they make them prove for the 50th time that day that they aren'y illegal. I know htat's an exageratin, but I'm thinking about the contractor who came to finish our basement during the sniper times here in DC. He was 3 hours late after being stopped 4 times between DC and Baltimore for driving a white van (his work van). Having blasting caps for another job didn't help either as it set off the dogs for the two that he had to wait for a dog ot come sniff out his van. That whole story just makes me a bit warry of things that can quickly turn into witch hunts. Going after a population (not just one person) with a populatin of volunteers...like I said, I'm glad it's not Maryland.

The only free ride these "people" should be getting is back to the Mexican border to be dumped on the other side after the Deputies/Posse have shot them. Since they're dead, the bodies work as a nice reminder of the potential consequences of illegally crossing the border.

just turn them over to the mexican police...most of the time they shoot them for ya. One of my old friends is border patrol down in Texas. He said when they see a guy trying to cross the border, they try and get him before the Mexican police, because they'll shoot first.

just turn them over to the mexican police...most of the time they shoot them for ya. One of my old friends is border patrol down in Texas. He said when they see a guy trying to cross the border, they try and get him before the Mexican police, because they'll shoot first.

That might be an idea. Do the Mexican police generally finish the job if the first round doesn't kill them?

Of course part of the foundation of my idea is that coming past the rotting, dead bodies of former illegals as they approach the border might actually make 2 or 3 of these potentially new illegals think better of the idea and turn back.

As with abortion, religion, illegal immigration: You just can't have enough, you have to push and push and just when you think its over: They push a little harder.. Then you get blowback... This is the blowback.....

its a losing batte

===========================

Come gather 'round people

Wherever you roam

And admit that the waters

Around you have grown

And accept it that soon

You'll be drenched to the bone.

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

Then you better start swimmin'

Or you'll sink like a stone

For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the wheel's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

That it's namin'.

For the loser now

Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen

Please heed the call

Don't stand in the doorway

Don't block up the hall

For he that gets hurt

Will be he who has stalled

There's a battle outside

And it is ragin'.

It'll soon shake your windows

And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers

Throughout the land

And don't criticize

What you can't understand

Your sons and your daughters

Are beyond your command

Your old road is

Rapidly agin'.

Please get out of the new one

If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn

The curse it is cast

The slow one now

Will later be fast

As the present now

Will later be past

The order is

Rapidly fadin'.

And the first one now

Will later be last

-Bob Dylan

That might be an idea. Do the Mexican police generally finish the job if the first round doesn't kill them?

Of course part of the foundation of my idea is that coming past the rotting, dead bodies of former illegals as they approach the border might actually make 2 or 3 of these potentially new illegals think better of the idea and turn back.

I think that yes they would finish the job. As for leaving the bodies, I don't think that would deter any of them.

edit: funny bit of info my friend told me once. Those big flashlights. The Border police (or at least where he was stationed) called them Tonks. That was the sound they made when you hit a mexican over their head.

its a losing batte

===========================

Come gather 'round people

Wherever you roam

And admit that the waters

Around you have grown

And accept it that soon

You'll be drenched to the bone.

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

Then you better start swimmin'

Or you'll sink like a stone

Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the wheel's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

That it's namin'.

For the loser now

Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen

Please heed the call

Don't stand in the doorway

Don't block up the hall

For he that gets hurt

Will be he who has stalled

There's a battle outside

And it is ragin'.

It'll soon shake your windows

And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers

Throughout the land

And don't criticize

What you can't understand

Your sons and your daughters

Are beyond your command

Your old road is

Rapidly agin'.

Please get out of the new one

If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn

The curse it is cast

The slow one now

Will later be fast

As the present now

Will later be past

The order is

Rapidly fadin'.

And the first one now

Will later be last

-Bob Dylan

You are right we should just throw are hands up and accept the fact that we cannot defend ourselves from our southern invaders? Times are a changin', you mean like America is powerless to protect it's own sovereignty?

You are right we should just throw are hands up and accept the fact that we cannot defend ourselves from our southern invaders? Times are a changin', you mean like America is powerless to protect it's own sovereignty?

When you don't believe in anything, anything goes. So throw your hands up with me and everyone else and let the mexicans invade.

I would describe the situation differently, but putting our hands up and not trying to solve the alleged problem is a better solution than the xenophobic bs we have seen lately.

My point was never that we can't stop them. My question has long been of the "is it worth doing what they are doing." I hate the kill them all posts because if they are serious it indicates an incredible loss of humanity, and I'm not reffering to the Mexicans the posts want to die. I do wonder at the unintended consequences: over crouded jails getting more inmates, higher costs to deal with the immigrants (jail time isn't free), and the harassment of those who are legal but share a looks like profile with illegals.

I'm sorry if that point has been lost in what I was saying. Sure, some people will take that as a do nothing /give up approach. What it is in reality is a questioning of the efectiveness of the proposed action and it's costs. I still want us to live in the land of the free. Sorry, but it seems like an irrational action based on fears that our country will be "less american" or that somewhere the immigration is hurting us. In some respects I see these actions as a potential attack on the land of the free, and I for one would need a lot more information before I could support it.

People wonder why people get upset over this - this thread has the idea of jut shooting them and it seems to spark no outrage at all. Amazing...

And that idea is not taken very seriously by many people on both sides. You want more people to say they are against shooting on sight? Alright, I am against shooting on sight, and against leaving rotting bodies along the border. I also do not advocate or support illegal immigration.

The "posse" said nothing about shooting on site. That was MassSkins and we all know that he is exaggerating to display how serious he is about the issue. The problem again is that our government is not doing anything to stop or discourage this behavior. If anything Bush's amnesty speak (sorry that is what it is) is ENCOURAGING this behavior via the hopes of rewarding it.

The "posse" said nothing about shooting on site. That was MassSkins and we all know that he is exaggerating to display how serious he is about the issue.

There's no exaggeration in my posts at all. I truly believe that these people should be SHOT ON SIGHT if they cross the border illegally. I also believe that the bodies should be dropped back on the Mexican side of the border (alive or dead) without benefit of medical treatment.

The problem again is that our government is not doing anything to stop or discourage this behavior.

That I will agree with. The government is not willing to do what is necessary to stop this serious problem.

There's no exaggeration in my posts at all. I truly believe that these people should be SHOT ON SIGHT if they cross the border illegally. I also believe that the bodies should be dropped back on the Mexican side of the border (alive or dead) without benefit of medical treatment.

Mass, I am as serious about this issue as anyone but as a Christian I have to stop short of this.

I got shot at in Russia when we crossed the border from Turkey.. but we expected it and ran like hell... when we saw him coming... Some countries don't play.

Most countries don't play. Hell, Switzerland arrested a Pope for skiing over their border in the Alps.

Mass, I am as serious about this issue as anyone but as a Christian I have to stop short of this.

That's fine Burgandy. I understand that not everyone agrees with my view on this. I am glad to see that you believe this is a serious issue, though.

I am not truly Christian anymore (though I was raised Lutheran), so that's not something I have to worry about in situations like this.

US Citizens just want something done. This guy is doing something = good.

Joe Arpaio is the Sheriff that uses tent cities to house prisoners to save taxdollars, and makes the prisoners work on chain gangs, while they wear pink underwear.

No one mentioned this, but the new law they are using is a law against smuggling. Arpaio is charging the the illegal aliens he finds with conspiracy to self-smuggle. That's a pretty daft move. One of the lawmakers who drafted the laws says it's meant to only target coyotes, but the attorney general has interpreted the law to mean they can go after people for conspiracy to self-smuggle.

I'm not a lawyer but their logic makes sense to me. Illegal started off in Mexico, ends up in Arizona... they willingly were smuggled over (or came over themselves).

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

That kind of goes without saying doesn't it? In fact I think Christians would do well to remember what the bible has to say about the poor when forming an opinion on this issue.

People wonder why people get upset over this - this thread has the idea of jut shooting them and it seems to spark no outrage at all. Amazing...

Consider the source. Mass would run over his own mother if she were walking too slowly across the street

Consider the source. Mass would run over his own mother if she were walking too slowly across the street

Yes I would. The difference between me and many people is that I would expect to be run over if I were walking too slowly across the street as well.

Archived