Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ariz. Posse to Arrest Illegal Immigrants

Thiebear

Whats the over/under on France letting him go?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the over/under on France letting him go?

• Never! They will make him Rot in jail
    • 10 years, they forgive.....
    • 5 years, they have to setup a deal
    • 2 years, they will have to put out the fires
    • 6 months, it'll be part of the student jobs protest.
    • Immediately in a premeditated surrender...

We are a country of LAWS, Destino. There is a LEGAL PROCESS for foreign nationals to enter this country. If these people choose to circumvent that LEGALL PROCESS and enter the country illegally, why the heck shouldn't we shoot them? I'm not looking at shooting them when they're on the other side of the border. Only once they've illegally crossed into United States territory. That's not murder... that's National Defense.

One of the basic Laws of the land is free association. Any legislation that denies this is illegal. Any law that makes immigration illegal is illegal.

Amendment XIV

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.amendmentxiv.html

Privileges and immunities for citizens, due process for any person, and equal protection for any person within US jurisidiction.

The United States Constitution protects more than just citizens.

Your posts on the immigration topic have been informative, hard-hitting and precisely to the point. You are to be congratulated. Hats off to DjTj! :applause: :cheers:

I read that passage differently than you do, obviously.

Again, we'll have to disagree on that and when we re-write the document after the next revolution, we'll make sure it's a WHOLE LOT clearer.

I guess you can push for the change after your armed takeover of the government, but at least under the current government of the United States, the meaning of that passage is pretty clear.
djtj,

That seem pretty clear to me, but I started on that side in the begining. Any different reads? I'm just curious how those who think the consitution applies to non citizens read this. It certainly seems to think it applies. Any oppinions other than it needs to be rewritten :rolleyes:

The Supreme Court in 1886 held that: "The guarantees of protection contained in the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution extend to all persons within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States, without regard to differences of race, of color, or of nationality." Yick Wo v. Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356 (1886). http://supct.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/historics/USSC_CR_0118_0356_ZS.html

The Supreme Court has cited this decision 68 times since the 19th century, most recently by Justice O'Connor in Lawrence v. Texas, and they have not overruled this principle.

Archived