Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Draft Day conversation: Talk about the REDSKINS draft here.

Art

I agree that Hogde or especially Pope would have looked real good in a skins uniform, but everyone must have seen alot in Rocky, so I won't complain if they can make a starter out of him. And if that's the plan, I think they paid a small price if we get a blue-chip starter, since two bookend LB's would be sweet. But I still think they need to make sure they get some good depth with the late picks in OL, DT,or S. And the team is not concerned with signing 5 or 6 guys, we only need 2 or 3 who can step into a reserve position, so trading late-round picks doesn't kill the team since we didn't want to sign that many anyway.

AJEROCKO, you obviously are young, but that doesn't mean you have to resort to revisionist history to make a point.

Trent Green was a FA and we wanted him to stay but since the team was in flux, between owners, he decided to follow Mike Martz to St. Louis.

If we had an owner, I'm sure he would have signed here.

As far as the rest of the content in your post, most of it is just your opinion.

Smoot left and did nothing last year except get a really great lap dance. LaVar hasn't done anything in two years and he made the choice to leave. Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and he did.

Also, you can't look at the past 5 years to grade the current regime, only the past two.

The past two years we've added quality players through FA, trades and the draft. Just because they're not the players you wanted doesn't mean the aren't any good. We get who we want and do what we need to get them.

FA, isn't an auction where you can continue to bid on a player until he's yours. We want a guy so we spend what we think it will take to get him and make sure nobody else can even have a shot of taking them.

Same thing in the draft. We want a guy and we do what we need to ensure we get him. Period! Do we maybe overspend to get them? Maybe, but we got who we wanted. We didn't settle on some other guy, who maybe you or some other fans wants, but we took the guy the coaches wanted.

Vic Carucci's AnalysisAfter parting ways with LaVar Arrington, the Redskins had a significant hole to fill at outside linebacker. Lawson should fill it quite well. I didn't think he would be available this far down in the draft, so I believe the Redskins got a very good value. Having played defensive end in college, Lawson provides a wide range of instincts that will come in helpful at his NFL position.

That's classic Vic, sharp as a marble.

I like the Rocky pick and so do others.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analyzer/WAS

I agree 100 percent with Gil Brandt's analysis.

He is a very, very good linebacker. He played in a great system, and at this point, he was the best linebacker available in the draft. It looks like they might have paid a lot for him, but it was worth it to get the guy they wanted.

We needed a good LB to replace Lavar and we needed to overpay a little to make sure we weren't stuck with no one.

Archived