Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Draft Day conversation: Talk about the REDSKINS draft here.

Art

This thread is where you should talk about the Redskins draft. Make your guesses here, talk about the pick here, say we should have taken someone else here. When the pick is defined, some smart member will create a, "Everything you need to know about X" thread and put all draft profiles of the guy into that thread and you can talk about him there too.

Please do not branch off 100 different, "I hate this pick," "Cerrato sucks," "This is great," "Wow, I'm impressed," threads after the pick. We expect there will be four or five legitimate conversations that may spawn from today's draft. If we start getting 30, we will be sad and weeping mods are a pathetic thing to behold :).

I know that Gibbs and the rest of the Redskins' staff have continually said that they won't trade up, but I have a feeling it's a smokescreen. I think that the Redskins are going to trade back into the first round and get the guy they want.

The beauty about draft day is that just every organization leaves the thing feeling pretty good about themselves, and believing that their team is better at the end of the day.

For the Washington Redskins, regardless of whether you think LB, CB, or OL, is the main priority, I think we all need to keep it in the back of our minds that a choice at one of these three positions at 53 is a job well done.

You go into the draft looking to fill any remaining holes you have after free agency. If we are patching up and identifying the correct spots where there are dents in the armour, then we all need to tip our hat to the front office.

Sit back and enjoy Gibbs and Co. do their thing. And don't get too stressed in the process. Remember, none of these college dudes have stepped foot on a pro field yet. Happy NFL Draft '06 !

Please do not branch off 100 different, "I hate this pick," "Cerrato sucks," "This is great," "Wow, I'm impressed," threads after the pick. We expect there will be four or five legitimate conversations that may spawn from today's draft. If we start getting 30, we will be sad and weeping mods are a pathetic thing to behold :).

Well I hope this works for ya, don't want to witness that weeping thing. Not going to sticky Note it though?

Yes and I WILL BE patrolling this afternoon. If anyone messes up, I will bring the hammer.

I hope we select a CB. But, I think the Skins make there selection knowing which free agents are available next year (obviously) and will feel a need that they don't see they will be able to in free agency of the coming year. Regardless of the position, the player will be in a limited role at best. So, I think they will select for a spot they feel is lacking most depth and they can't fill next year or there after, thus CB. Plus, CB's are expensive, even for the Skins.

I hope we select a CB. But, I think the Skins make there selection knowing which free agents are available next year (obviously) and will feel a need that they don't see they will be able to in free agency of the coming year. Regardless of the position, the player will be in a limited role at best. So, I think they will select for a spot they feel is lacking most depth and they can't fill next year or there after, thus CB. Plus, CB's are expensive, even for the Skins.

I would love to see someone selected who can play either cb or safety like Jimmy Williams or Cedric Griffin.

foget safety were good there corner is where we need depth and williams wont be there I want olb manny lawson or cb ashton youboty i feel those are 2 guys any skin fan will love if williams is there he'd be good ---griffin is a ? to me ohiost has great corners and youbouty covered speedy ginn jr and holmes something to remember he's sa true talent cromartie isnt proven enough despite everybody falling in love with him! lawson is a john abraham type player de-olb tweener speed is key!

:helmet: foget safety were good there corner is where we need depth and williams wont be there I want olb manny lawson or cb ashton youboty i feel those are 2 guys any skin fan will love if williams is there he'd be good ---griffin is a ? to me ohiost has great corners and youbouty covered speedy ginn jr and holmes something to remember he's sa true talent cromartie isnt proven enough despite everybody falling in love with him! lawson is a john abraham type player de-olb tweener speed is key!

I agree about next years picks trade them the talent is this year! get in their plus The Redskins are complete now make the super bowl run look this years schedule isnt as bad as last years and the next 2 years are easier(07-08) dallas is old eagles getting old and lack the WR's to test us the Giants and Panthers are our roadblock and I do believe the giants are'nt as good as us get in the 1st rd get a Cb or LB opposite in 2nd rd take gostkowski at kicker late cut hall overpaid injury prone! i would've added abraham too should've worked a deal with ramsey wynn and next years 1st! we would have had 2 great ends and it wouldnt have cost againist the cap too bad cutting hall wynn and ramsey cut jacobs too dead wood! then we would have just needed a LB cb 1 for depth is enough! but without abraham no de's intrigue me that much other than mario williams i love lawson could maybe be de good versatility still springs isnt too young but our coaches get the best from the corners we added wright already thing is if we can add a great player or 2 we are complete daniels is old too but a very smart good player and cheap for his talent move him to DT joe s not badd guy to have either good hustler! LB#1 CB# K and OL and special teams late Kiwi could develop is a huge gamble though hali not sure there either go with a definite player who can at least contribute speed wise and on special team like a cb or olb

Archived