Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We stand as much chance beating the 49ers....

TheKurp

as Dallas does of beating Philadelphia at home.

Or Kansas City does of beating New England at home (take a half point).

Or Buffalo beating Denver at home (take a half point.)

This, according to Danny Sheridan who has the Skins at 8.5 point underdogs to the 9ers.

Actually, if I were a betting man I'd take Buffalo and the points.

Yeah, and what were the odds on the Texans beating the Cows? A little heart makes up for a lot of point spread.

The Forty-Whiners are hardly invincible. Yeah, they won 12 games last year, but they've got some chemistry problems and do have a tendency to overlook weaker opponents -- and they clearly consider the Skins weaker opponents.

If the Skins wake up... and that's a big if.

The worry I have in this game is that San Francisco, like Philly, is largely a short passing based offense. We should KILL those offenses. Against Philly, we dropped far too deep far too often. Against San Francisco, we'll get crushed if we do the same. The blueprint for beating San Francisco is there. Just like it is for beating Pittsburgh. Now, if Marvin runs a zone where his backers are 10-15 yards deep, we're going to get crushed.

SF will have the best offense that we'll face in the first 3 weeks - actually more than that but I don't have the schedule in front of me. Until we show that we can at least stop the big play, something that we're 0 for 2 on so far, we deserve to have that little respect.

I'm curious to see how well we do passing against SF's porous pass defense.

Owens will eat our secondary for breakfast. We were saying that the Iggles have no Boston. Well, our secondary made Thrash look like frickin' Jerry Rice.

Owens is better than BOTH Boston and Thrash. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had 10 catches and 2 TDs, at least.

Hearst and Barlow are better than Levens and Staley any day of the week.

I would be thrilled if we won, but our defense will get shredded.

OrangeSkin,

The 49er's have not looked too good on offense the first two weeks. If Marvin Lewis looks at game film of what the Giants and Broncos did to the 49er's, I am sure he can come up with a plan to slow down the 49er offense. I'm just not too sure how much Lewis game plans and adjusts things to work against what he is playing against.

Here's what scares me against the 9ers, I think they still have a chip on there shoulders after what we did in Japan. It seems that we are having a hardtime adjusting to the new defense. With us facing the 9ers this week comes new schemes that are going to put in. Jeff Garcia is a mobile quarterback like McNabb, if we could'nt contain McNabb how are we going to contain Garcia? The Niners have a much better recieveing core then Philly. As much as I want to win this week I think it is going to be a tough match up especially being ememy territory. We need to get a pass rush that can contain from the outside, if we can do that and the LB's can jam the middle i think we can pull it out. If we don't do this I don't think we can pull it out. :thumbsup:

I've got a little $5 bet going with a rams fan co worker that we slap one on the Niners. My theory is simple and it goes like this...

Sh!t rolls downhill.

The Titans smacked the Eagles in the face, the Eagles took it out on us. Now it's our turn to take it out on the Niners.

Redskins by a bunch. :cheers:

Mike, nice comeback.

Like I said BEFORE last week's blowout, the Skins are coming off a MONDAY NIGHT emotional contest with a division rival and have to fly across the country to play a good football team on a short week. That is a recipe for a loss 75% of the time to begin with. Then you add to the fact that Mariucci has been preparing for this game for over a month and this is why the oddsmakers have it at 8-1/2. :deal:

Archived