Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All-Time Favorite Redskin WR?

HoyaSkins28

Gary Clark with Santana Moss closing in real fast, for me.

If Santana puts up another great season for us, it will be all but set in stone. Henry Ellard gets an honorable mention, though... the few years he was with us when I was a youngin' at RFK he was my favorite player on offense (naturally #28 was the man on D).

This is a no-brainer. Charlie Taylor by MANY miles. GREAT hands, great speed, Unbelievable to watch AFTER the catch (moves, moves, moves). Oh, and did I mention, GREAT blocker - as good as any you will ever see at WR.

On top of everything else, ATTITUDE. He was ALWAYS a positive influence. And every time I think of Taylor, I see that huge smile on his face. Seemed like it was always there. Right up there with Jurgy and Riggo as my 3 favorites all-time. No way for me to pick one above the other two.

(fixed typo)

My all time favorite is without a doubt Art Monk with Charley Taylor, Gary Clark and Bobby Mitchell all tied for second. One thing that all of these great Redskins have in common is heart. They all did what ever it took to help the team. They are all hall of famers in my eyes.:notworthy

Monk was a legend and that is undeniable. But Gary Clark was a super-legend. Clark was fearless. He would always wear those goofy long sleeves during late season games and have mud on him from always diving for a ball on those deep routes off play action. The guy was a fiery competitor and always came through and did his part in big games.

This is a no-brainer. Charlie Taylor by MANY miles. GREAT hands, great speed, Unbelievable to watch AFTER the catch (moves, moves, moves). Oh, and did I mention, GREAT blocker - as good as any you will ever see at WR.

On top of everything else, ATTITUDE. He was ALWAYS a positive influence. And every time I think of Taylor, I see that huge smile on his face. Seemed like it was always there. Right up there with Jurgy and Riggo as my 3 favorites all-time. No way for me to pick one above the other two.

(fixed typo)

During much of Taylor's career, the basic coverage technique was to knock you down and sit on you until the play was over, d-linemen could beat the snot out of offensive linemen and holding was illegal. Many of the patterns that Jerry Rice ran to such great effect, could not even be run until 1975.

i remember a few from "days gone bye". FRANK GRANT,CHARLEY TAYLOR,DANNY BUGGS,

RICKY SANDERS,ART MONK, GARY CLARKE, VIRGIL SEAY, ALVIN GARRETT, ROY JEFFERSON, HENRY ELLARD, RICKEY THOMPSON, OH SO MANY!!! I MYSELF REALLY

CAN NOT PICK A NUMBER ONE BUT IF I HAD TO I WOULD HAVE TO SAY RICKY SANDERS

THAT IS MY VOTE............BRING ON THE "COMPETITION"!!!!!! WAYNE SEAY

ART MONK, although he really pissed me off when he went to Philly, although I wanted to see him add to his stats, but he was too old and didn't do s*** for them. Still while he was here he was a classy guy, tough as nails and made so many big catches for us. ART MONK FOR HOF!!!!!There are so many scrubby players being added and MONK WAS SO MUCH BETTER he needs to get in next year!!

Archived