Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All-Time Favorite Redskin WR?

HoyaSkins28

Gary Clark is the definition of a class act. I saw him being interviewed the other day by Sabol on NFL films presents, the guy is unbelivable. Art Monk is right up there with the all time greats, if he doesn't get into the hall of fame in the next couple of years I'm burning it down. You gotta put Santana up there with the great ones though, single season recieving leader...not to mention those 2 grabs against dallas, those 2 catches alone make him one of my favorites. Clark, Monk, Moss...think if they all played together...WOW.

My favorite is Santana Moss. Besides setting the team receiving yards record, he is the only receiver in my 12 years of being a Redskins fan that I could count on making several huge deep plays almost every game. No way could a skins receiver from the past 12 years pull off what he did in the first Dallas game, or turn small screen plays into highlight reel material. I am so glad we got him. I had been waiting 11 years for the skins to get over the hump of painful mediocrity, and now it's happened! Thank you Santana!

If I were 10 or 15 years older, I have a strong feeling I would have said Art Monk, though. I can't believe he's not in the hall! What the **** are sports writers doing voting guys in anyway?

Charley Taylor by a mile!

There has been some great ones!

Art Monk... enough said... Gary Clark, Bobby Mitchell, Jerry Smith... they were all great!

But, nothing was as exciting as watching #42 catch the ball! Score! and stand in the endzone with his arms in the air holding the ball (like an official signalling for a touchdown)

Charley Taylor!!!! Hail Yes!!!

Charley Taylor by a mile. He was the total package, he could run, catch and block.

If I am not mistaken Art Monk gave C Taylor credit for making him into the receiver he became

Taylor was a scout for the Redskins, scouted Monk at Syracuse, and was responsible for bringing him to the team. He was his coach and mentor, and if Monk ever makes the Pro Football Hall of Fame, he's said it'll be Charley Taylor he wants presenting him the award.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149454

Archived