Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

home made ways to fix scratched CD's?

SKiNz Jus 2 sick

man that happened to my madden 06 game and i tried everything around the house imaginable to fix the scratches. what you should do is go up to blockbuster, rent the game and then swap the discs, and bingo. thats what i did and i havnt had any problems since:D

:applause:

Are you serious? No thanks.
:applause:
:laugh: Sorry pal!

You see how I combined quotes there? You should try that sometime. Sorry, but it just really bugs me when people double or triple post to respond to multiple quotes... although I usually let it slide when they have something SUBSTANTIAL to say with regards to each quote.

Just for the record, it is theft. Before they destroy them they have to generate a certain revenue from the game. They can't do that if someone swaps in a damaged CD. What a classless thing to do.

Wow, someone is defending blockbuster. I hate blockbuster. I got comcast on demand jsut so i wouldn;t have to rent as much stuff from blockbuster anymore. They are a bunch of ripoffs. 8.50 to rent a game for a week????? Gimme a break. It's a good thing they have that new no late fees thing because i abuse it to it's fullest when i rent a game. When I rent a game it is not back in the store untill they threaten me twice to charge my card

BTW why are u worrying about madden 06? Football season is over, so football video games arn't even that fun anymore. You should have put the old madden 06 away months ago and started playing NBA 2k6, NHL 06, or MLB 06 (or 2k6). Plus in a few months Madden 07 will be out and you won;t have to worry bout it anymore. Once u buy madden 07, be careful and don;t scratch it

This has worked for me, many times.

Rub clear car wax onto the CD, using only your clean thumb (believe it or not, your thumb leaves less scratches than any cloth I've tried - see for yourself). Rub radially, in a "spoke" pattern, from the center of the CD toward the edges.

Let the wax dry, and again, remove the wax with your thumb, rubbing radially. If the scratches are only on the surface, this works very well. But if the scratches are deep ones that penetrate into the media, nothing will work. Good luck.

Oh, and don't listen to people who'd tell you to steal. It does you more harm than good. ;)

Wow, someone is defending blockbuster. I hate blockbuster. I got comcast on demand jsut so i wouldn;t have to rent as much stuff from blockbuster anymore. They are a bunch of ripoffs. 8.50 to rent a game for a week????? Gimme a break. It's a good thing they have that new no late fees thing because i abuse it to it's fullest when i rent a game. When I rent a game it is not back in the store untill they threaten me twice to charge my card

So let me get this straight. You're whining about Blockbuster being an evil company, even though you just admitted you can rent a game for a month and pay only the $8.50 rental cost and $1 restocking fee? How long do you need to play out a game, anyway? $10 is far cheaper than dropping $50-60 for a new game, and most recent games don't sell for less than $20 used.

By the way, if you ever get to the point where a CD-R just won't play anymore, microwaving it on high for 4-5 seconds makes it look really cool.

You see how I combined quotes there? You should try that sometime. Sorry, but it just really bugs me when people double or triple post to respond to multiple quotes... although I usually let it slide when they have something SUBSTANTIAL to say with regards to each quote.

Well, it is greatly appreciated by all of us lesser people when YOU let it slide. :rolleyes: Get a life and stop being the police.

BTW why are u worrying about madden 06? Football season is over, so football video games arn't even that fun anymore. You should have put the old madden 06 away months ago and started playing NBA 2k6, NHL 06, or MLB 06 (or 2k6). Plus in a few months Madden 07 will be out and you won;t have to worry bout it anymore. Once u buy madden 07, be careful and don;t scratch it
my madden broke back in early september but i felt like playing it

o and i also have NBA Live 06 as in my sig so if any1 is lookin for a game on Live 06 for PS2 hit me up my info is in my sig

Never! :cop:

If you're too lazy to condense a whole lot of nothing into one post, I reserve the right to ***** about it... :hump:

Well, I did realize that I had made a mistake, but I don't need you to tell me. Reserve the right to ***** about it??? You just answered my question. It's called a LIFE. Get one.

Well, I did realize that I had made a mistake, but I don't need you to tell me. Reserve the right to ***** about it??? You just answered my question. It's called a LIFE. Get one.

Geez, so touchy... besides, isn't overreacting to a simple suggestion by someone posting on an internet message board also one of the classic signs of not having a life? :laugh:

If you want to keep arguing with me, take it to a PM... I don't feel like completely hijacking a thread or incurring the wrath of the powers that be over this.

Archived