Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

home made ways to fix scratched CD's?

SKiNz Jus 2 sick

Just for the record, you shouldn't even feel remotely guilty about swapping discs with Blockbuster. The way they work their deals to receive DVDs (and games, I believe), they eventually end up destroying them anyway.

Just for the record, it is theft. Before they destroy them they have to generate a certain revenue from the game. They can't do that if someone swaps in a damaged CD. What a classless thing to do.

Just for the record, it is theft. Before they destroy them they have to generate a certain revenue from the game. They can't do that if someone swaps in a damaged CD. What a classless thing to do.

It isn't legal but it is not necessarily something to fret over. It costs significantly less than $1 to make a CD and if you simply swap out the EXACT same game that is all the damage that is being incurred by Blockboster. They typically have plenty of copies of the game to go around and the way I understand it (as explicated to me from a current and long-time Blockbuster employee) in most cases the maker of the game or movie gets a certain percentage of the rental fee every time their game is rented out.

The profit made by Blockbuster and the game manufacturer each (not combined) on that one rental is almost invariably more than it costs for that single CD to be replaced. Obviously, he would not have rented the game to begin with had he not wanted to replace his CD.

Illegal? Of course. Harmful? Not really.

man that happened to my madden 06 game and i tried everything around the house imaginable to fix the scratches. what you should do is go up to blockbuster, rent the game and then swap the discs, and bingo. thats what i did and i havnt had any problems since:D

Genius! Brilliant!

Wish I had done that with my Madden when I first got it.

Stop it, people. It isn't right, and you know it. Its an easy cheat. I guess that makes some of us easy little cheaters. Have a little more sack than to try these weak justifications for stealing.

I'd never do it, myself, (mainly because I keep my CDs in good condition) but I think I had a pretty strong justification for it... :D

dude this works well. put in milk on the cd. then let it dry. then you wipe of all the milk. but you cant reach the hardened milk in the scratches. so i fixes the scratches. it works.

Yeah, but when you play them, it sounds soooo homogenized.

Archived