Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TO not at Workouts

and no matter what troubles ST had after his rookie season he has not the only player in modern history to get kicked off of two teams in three years. wait i forgot something...

first he desicrated the brokeback star THEN got kicked off of 49ers. THEN goes to phillthy gets his foot broken by texas toast, disses his own team AND gets kicked off of the iggles as well.

THEN you dallass "fans" embrace him as your superbowl messiah. :doh:

i swear you brokeback fans are suffering through some strange form of stockholm syndrome.

No matter what troubles ST had after his rookie season? Wow, you actually are comparing T.O. being a bad teammate and a jerk in a GAME to Sean Taylor allegedly pointing a gun at someone and you actually make it sound as if what T.O. did was worse? Who's suffering stockholm syndrome here? Hey, I bet you think T.O. is worse than Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis and Ray Carruth too, huh? Who cares that they were all allegedly accused of attempted murder or dealing drugs? At least they were great teammates! Hey, you know that guy who killed a few people in that office in Atlanta? They said he was a great co-worker before that. Cut him a break! He was a good guy who made one little mistake that happened to be a felony. Just wait til your FS (Frequent Spitter) is convicted! Then he'll only be half as bad as T.O. How T.O. is still a free man is anyone's guess!

And all over Extreme Skins for some odd reason :cool:

Don't several players (including The "U" players) have their own workout routines this time of year ??

The U players aren't headcases like TO is. I'm sure when he was with Philly you were blasting him left and right...but he becomes a cowboy and you're on his jock...funny how that turns out :D

The U players aren't headcases like TO is. I'm sure when he was with Philly you were blasting him left and right...but he becomes a cowboy and you're on his jock...funny how that turns out :D

I didn't like him with Philly.. you're right! Big surprise.. but one thing I didn't do was question how he prepares himself and how he plays the game.

Question... do you all think when the off season starts up that ESPN and the lot will be all over T.O. and the Cowboys to the nauseating levels they were when he was w/ the Eagles ??? I may have just noticed it more b/c I was so sick of the coverage...

or do you think ESPN will back off a little this go around ?

ESPN? Shoot, they'll probably have a "Bonds on Bonds" type show following T.O. around. "T.O. being T.O." or something.

Yeah, and I bet he won't keep in contact with the team, doesn't return any of the coach's calls, doesn't show at mini-camp and then goes out and points a gun at other people and gets arrested. Oh wait, I thought we were talking about Sean Taylor.

I never knew pulling a gun on thieves and punks who should have been shot was a crime.

But if your trying to convince yourself that ST is a cancer to our team like TO is to yours now, then you must be hanging out in that drug ring that the cowboys call a huddle.

TO stated last year that he will NOT change for any team or anyone, he is cancer and he will destroy your locker room, sorry but cant and wont wish ya good luck with him :silly:

Guest santana4prez
I clearly remember Santana Moss, Portis, and ST working out away from the team (even though T.O. has worked out in Dallas already) previously. Am I incorrect?

As far as I know all 3 were at the workouts this offseason, Taylor was even their and he is getting ready for a court case.:laugh:

Guest santana4prez
Yeah, and I bet he won't keep in contact with the team, doesn't return any of the coach's calls, doesn't show at mini-camp and then goes out and points a gun at other people and gets arrested. Oh wait, I thought we were talking about Sean Taylor.

Ever since last season Sean Taylor hasnt been a problem he has been a team player. The spitting incident was odd b/c this whole season #21 has acted like a Pro. I think ever since the gun thing Gibbs has really helped Taylor.

Yes this is TO thing is overblown but what do you expect on a Skins board. I do think it is odd Owens wouldnt want to start an early bond with Parcells and the coaches/players but this isnt that serious right now.

I clearly remember Santana Moss, Portis, and ST working out away from the team (even though T.O. has worked out in Dallas already) previously. Am I incorrect?

Portis and ST once worked away from Redskins Park, both are now doing their training in DC full time. Taylor will miss time for his trial, but he is taking part in the program right now. Portis moved his training from Miami last season in an effort to take more of a leadership role. Moss did some training in Miami last year until his contract situation was worked out, then he came straight to DC to participate.

All three are there now and are actually doing a charity together in the DC area. Strange how most coaches in the NFL can't convince their Miami players to take part in optional conditioning programs, but Gibbs can. He's gotten everyone to fully buy into his system.

I never knew pulling a gun on thieves and punks who should have been shot was a crime.

But if your trying to convince yourself that ST is a cancer to our team like TO is to yours now, then you must be hanging out in that drug ring that the cowboys call a huddle.

TO stated last year that he will NOT change for any team or anyone, he is cancer and he will destroy your locker room, sorry but cant and wont wish ya good luck with him :silly:

I hope you honestly don't believe that pointing a gun at people you SUSPECT to have stolen your ATV's is not a crime? So if someone steals my TV and I go around the neighborhood and accuses whoever I think stole it and point a gun at them and that would be okay with you? Enforcing crimes is why we have police and why there are laws against citizens being vigilantes. Suppose he did know who did it but messed up on where they lived and pulled a gun on an innocent family? That would be okay with you, right? Because those "punks should have been shot." Every Skins fans goes out of their way to say that Taylor is only an alleged felon and deserves to have his day in court (those than admit he should stand trial at all). Yet it was perfectly okay for him to be his own judge, jury and executioner to punish who he thought were the alleged criminals? How hypocritical. I guess only Taylor deserves the benefit of the doubt and justice, huh? Cause he's a Redskin! And before you use the typical fanboy line that those guys were thugs with criminal records, answer me this. Did Taylor know this when he went after them? Unless he did some kind of background check on them before going after them, then it can't be used as a justification for going after them (true or not). For all he knew, they could have had clean records. I don't think it would have changed his decision to do what he did.

I never said Taylor is a cancer. But he is a distraction. Look at all the attention his case has gotten this off-season. And if he does get convicted and gets jail time, the Redskins will be in a crunch to sign another safety for next season.

My point is that I will never believe that having an accused felon on your team is a good thing. T.O. may not be up for any awards for best teammate, but for you guys to think that T.O. is worse than Taylor is a laugh. Taylor may be a great teammate, but his screw-up makes him worse than T.O. I think you would feel the same way if Taylor wasn't a Redskin.

Ever since last season Sean Taylor hasnt been a problem he has been a team player. The spitting incident was odd b/c this whole season #21 has acted like a Pro. I think ever since the gun thing Gibbs has really helped Taylor.

Yes this is TO thing is overblown but what do you expect on a Skins board. I do think it is odd Owens wouldnt want to start an early bond with Parcells and the coaches/players but this isnt that serious right now.

I have no problem with Taylor. My issue is that I don't see how anyone could think that T.O. is a bigger problem than Taylor's situation. Obviously, a WR who's a total team player and good citizen would be the ideal situation. But I just think that having anyone with serious legal issues is bad for the team. I felt this way about Irvin during the 90's too. Did I still want him on my team? Sure. But did I go out of my way to point the finger at other teams with problem receivers on their roster when my own team had worse problems? Nope.

I have no problem with Taylor. My issue is that I don't see how anyone could think that T.O. is a bigger problem than Taylor's situation. Obviously, a WR who's a total team player and good citizen would be the ideal situation. But I just think that having anyone with serious legal issues is bad for the team. I felt this way about Irvin during the 90's too. Did I still want him on my team? Sure. But did I go out of my way to point the finger at other teams with problem receivers on their roster when my own team had worse problems? Nope.

listen up homo, just look how much attention TO gets compared to ST's trial.

That should be the factor which proves bigger distraction. Not to mention TO's problems are with other teammates/front offices and not thugs on the street.

no brokeback....

but i think that TO is probably staying away for as long as he can, not to be selfish, but to avoid exposing his teammates to the media circus that is sure to follow once he does join their workouts.

again...i'm a skins fan, so no brokeback.

p.s. the police point guns at innocent people all the time

Question... do you all think when the off season starts up that ESPN and the lot will be all over T.O. and the Cowboys to the nauseating levels they were when he was w/ the Eagles ??? I may have just noticed it more b/c I was so sick of the coverage...

or do you think ESPN will back off a little this go around ?

T.O. sneezing in Dallas is going to be the lead story on SC this season.

I am fully prepared and am fully ready to accept that SC and all other sports news outlets are going to force feed this to everyone.

I was sick of it when he was in Philly, and I'll be sick of it eventually when he's in Dallas.

It truly is going to be ridiculous how much coverage his tenure in Dallas is going to get.

We should all just accept it now.

As for T.O. missing the workout? Eh.

Sure I'd like him to be there, but they are "voluntary", and T.O.'s physical conditioning is an issue I'm not too concerned about.

Lets not forget Bledsoe missed these workouts to caddy for a golf tournament.

He will be at all mandatory MCs and offseason meetings.

He will do what he is supposed to do.

For this season, at least.

And if, after this season, he tries to get cute, I'll have no problem cutting the cord.

The beauty of the contract JJ got him to sign.

T.O. sneezing in Dallas is going to be the lead story on SC this season.

I am fully prepared and am fully ready to accept that SC and all other sports news outlets are going to force feed this to everyone.

I was sick of it when he was in Philly, and I'll be sick of it eventually when he's in Dallas.

It truly is going to be ridiculous how much coverage his tenure in Dallas is going to get.

We should all just accept it now.

As for T.O. missing the workout? Eh.

Sure I'd like him to be there, but they are "voluntary", and T.O.'s physical conditioning is an issue I'm not too concerned about.

Lets not forget Bledsoe missed these workouts to caddy for a golf tournament.

He will be at all mandatory MCs and offseason meetings.

He will do what he is supposed to do.

For this season, at least.

And if, after this season, he tries to get cute, I'll have no problem cutting the cord.

The beauty of the contract JJ got him to sign.

He's gonna bring you guys down lower than the Butte bro. And I for one am gonna love every minute of it. Seriously, he probably will keep his mouth shut for most of this season and he is a hell of a player, but the attention is never a good thing and you're gonna be looking for a new receiver again soon. I think you guys should've kept Key.:2cents:

He's gonna bring you guys down lower than the Butte bro. And I for one am gonna love every minute of it. Seriously, he probably will keep his mouth shut for most of this season and he is a hell of a player, but the attention is never a good thing and you're gonna be looking for a new receiver again soon. I think you guys should've kept Key.:2cents:

Again, the beauty of the contract we signed him to.

He tries to ruin this team like he did elsewhere, he's gone with no cap hit or consequence on our end.

I have no clue how this marriage will end, however, I am on board with it in the end, after seeing everything at stake.

No matter what troubles ST had after his rookie season? Wow, you actually are comparing T.O. being a bad teammate and a jerk in a GAME to Sean Taylor allegedly pointing a gun at someone and you actually make it sound as if what T.O. did was worse? Who's suffering stockholm syndrome here? Hey, I bet you think T.O. is worse than Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis and Ray Carruth too, huh? Who cares that they were all allegedly accused of attempted murder or dealing drugs? At least they were great teammates! Hey, you know that guy who killed a few people in that office in Atlanta? They said he was a great co-worker before that. Cut him a break! He was a good guy who made one little mistake that happened to be a felony. Just wait til your FS (Frequent Spitter) is convicted! Then he'll only be half as bad as T.O. How T.O. is still a free man is anyone's guess!

again you prove your ignorance. TO destroyed two football teams. ST is accused of committing a crime that had nothing to do with football, was no where near his team, coaches, stadium, or even season. if you cant see why TO is a detriment to his team and ST could merely, POSSIBLY have been a harm to only himself then nothing i can say will be of service to you.

and your weak attempt to deflect the argument by bringing up other teams and players only shows your lack of debate skills. go to the library and get some more ammo junior achiever.

Again, the beauty of the contract we signed him to.

He tries to ruin this team like he did elsewhere, he's gone with no cap hit or consequence on our end.

I have no clue how this marriage will end, however, I am on board with it in the end, after seeing everything at stake.

Well, I respect that you're on board, not that you have a choice. I've lived that, prior to the 04 season. And no cap hit or dead money is good, Jerruh is a business man if he's anything. But do you really want to be looking for another wr in 07? With Bledsoe getting old and no one really in the wings, maybe you'll be rebuilding that year anyway. :whoknows: :D

Guest santana4prez

When the ST gun thing happened I agree 100%. I even thought Gibbs was going to trade Taylor b/c of it. Gibbs has really turned him around this last season and I dont think its that big a story anymore. The only way ST can hurt us from this is if he goes to jail. That said I dont think this TO thing is that big of a deal like other people are suggesting. If this was training camp it would be a different story.

When the ST gun thing happened I agree 100%. I even thought Gibbs was going to trade Taylor b/c of it. Gibbs has really turned him around this last season and I dont think its that big a story anymore. The only way ST can hurt us from this is if he goes to jail. That said I dont think this TO thing is that big of a deal like other people are suggesting. If this was training camp it would be a different story.

Yeah, ST was young, is young, and is still growing as a person. He has turned himself around a lot, and having Gibbs to guide him will really help him out.

Archived