Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TO not at Workouts

There will be some coverage, but unless he's holding out and doing sit-ups in his driveway again, there won't be as many photo-ops as there were last year. Last year there was an intriguing storyline being followed. This year, so far, the storyline isn't nearly as intriguing. But knowing TO, it could get that way shortly.

Ok, BT, where have you been?

TO signs with the pukes, and two days later there's a rap song blasting the Eagles on his web site.

He'll be disruptive for the pukes just by his media attention. Professional atheletes are about ego...TO sucks the life out of teams...jealousy will rear it's ugly head by the time camp breaks.

I never said Taylor is a cancer. But he is a distraction. Look at all the attention his case has gotten this off-season. And if he does get convicted and gets jail time, the Redskins will be in a crunch to sign another safety for next season.

Weigh this case with Ray Lewis' fiasco a couple years ago. So much speculation about jail time. The only reason this trial is in the news is for the repeated delays and dumb prosecuter.

It all comes down to credibility and Sean has more than the alleged victims. They said he pointed a gun and he says he didn't. No shots were fired. Before and after this incident he has been a model citizen. The same cannot be said for these alleged victims. One victim already has a civil case in the works to get money out of ST.

This is a football board, talk about something pertaining on the football field. TO is a disruption in the locker room, but amazing on the field.

Not an intriguing storyline? Should I go with the TO stays in the same division and plays for most well-known no nonsense coach ever in Parcells possibly without his approval, or that he got his money, stayed in the same division, plays the eagles twice a year for the next 3 years, and still has McNabb talking about the situation. Wait until training camp and the season. The media coverage will be stifling WIN or LOSE.

Spitter lover? More like Spit lover. AND wtf does Spit Safety mean? Is That when he knocks out Glenn,Crayton, or the irrogant TO coming across the middle that he makes them spit blood all over place. Comparing ST and TO is fckn rediculous. ST is man and TO thinks he's the man.Big difference.TO had to be a Momma's boy and his mother had to be damn near pyschotic. Get the **** out of here with that BS your talking.

T.O. has no doubt proven to be a cancer. I think to comparing an top three WR and an up and coming talented young safety is pretty pointless. I believe that the point that is being missed here is that T.O. controls his destiny and that ST does not due to his legal issues which are out of his hands.

I think you need to do a search of the discussions about TO among Redskins fans. Most were NOT in favor of adding him.

Many Boys fans were not in favor prior to the signing as well. Dirk, you and I both know that the majority on this board would have a positive T.O. spin had you signed him.

Many Boys fans were not in favor prior to the signing as well. Dirk, you and I both know that the majority on this board would have a positive T.O. spin had you signed him.

I've no doubt that the majority of the board would have rooted for him just as hard as any other Redskins player. But I think on the heels of 2 straight years of "As the World Turns" starring Lavar Arrington, most fans just wanted a break from the drama.

The Skins are a blue collar team again (with Portis providing a little mustard) and I think that's the way most fans want it to stay for a while.

T.O. has no doubt proven to be a cancer. I think to comparing an top three WR and an up and coming talented young safety is pretty pointless. I believe that the point that is being missed here is that T.O. controls his destiny and that ST does not due to his legal issues which are out of his hands.

I wasn't the one who started comparing TO and ST and yes it is rediculous to compare the tthe two.And for the legal situiation there won't be one in a month or two.

1 out of 50,000. I highly doubt there were more for it than against it. But I'm sure most will swear up and down they were. Whatever though. Point is TO is a beast. The Cowboys have him and he's going to make them a real contender. :)

I think you will find there were more than 1 to 50,000 Moss for Coles i was for it because I simply didn't want Coles here when he came out and said he didn't want to play here and wanted something in return and Moss had a break out year .

Hey didnt the Eagles have a simlar problem with one of thier players last year but wait they delt with it diferently kept him on the team and how did that work out?

Okay TO wasnt the only reason why the Eagles season fell apart last year the injuries played a part as did the Eagles FO reluctance to pay the role players and the moving parts f the team once they reach a certian age thinking they can replace anyone with anyone else regardless of talent which speaks volumes about the caoching and management staff over there at the linc. but just a few thoughts about TO.

Owens impact has never been as big as his hype .

What people forget about Owens is the Eagles were a pretty good team before he got there after reaching the NFC confrence game the year before.

When he was picked up by the Eagles he filled a huge need replacing James Thrash as a number 1 reciever and seriously upgraded an offence that included Fred Ex and Todd Pinkerson (sp) at WR.

The Eagles got to the superbowl without Owens overcomming what was supposedly the cream of the NFC with him on the sidelines

He was the second best reciver in the SB Branch by far had the bigger impact even with him comming off the broken ankle and you have to wonder just how well the Eagles would have done with a fully fit WR corps out there.

He never had big games against divisonal rivals while in the NFCEAST .

In a league which has Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Torry Holt, Issac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward, Jenvon Walker, Larry Fitzgerald, Chad Johnson, Arquin Bolden, Joe Horn, Plaxico Burress Owens is top tier but by no means the best in the league.

The last time in the last 5 years Owens broke the top 5 in terms of reception yards in 2001 and only twice in 5 years has he topped any reciving catagory wich was TDs but that was back in 2001 and 2002 . :eaglesuck

I've no doubt that the majority of the board would have rooted for him just as hard as any other Redskins player. But I think on the heels of 2 straight years of "As the World Turns" starring Lavar Arrington, most fans just wanted a break from the drama.

The Skins are a blue collar team again (with Portis providing a little mustard) and I think that's the way most fans want it to stay for a while.

I think Moss and Taylor are both a little spicy mustard as well.

IMO, the Skins and Boys pretty similar in terms of the "blue collar" classification.

Couple flashy players here or there, but all hard working, no nonsense for the most part.

You're right HHM. 2004 was a thing of beauty. Pure bliss. The best season I've ever experienced as an Eagle fan. Many others can agree with that (even if they don't want to).

You and I both know if TO had signed with the Redskins they would be hyping this guy like it was nobody's business. And rightfully so. The guy is a beast. Plain and simple. HE IS WORTH THE RISK. Look what he did for the Eagles. We went to the Super Bowl. Yeah, I know, he didn't play in the playoffs. He did however play the regular season and the Super Bowl (which by the way he cranked off over 100 yards on an ankle at 80 percent.)

I would give anything if TO and McNabb could have reconciled and worked something out. You will enjoy this season HHM. You will enjoy it very much. Like you said. One season at a time. :)

Agreed 100%.

Especially taking it one year at a time.

I cannot stress enough how pleased I am with the contract he signed.

Please, you cowgirls would be peeing in your pants if you had Sean Taylor as your safety.QUOTE]

We have a perennial pro-bowler at the position and we should be drafting a top flight FS this year. :(:)

Isn't it funny that we can stick no name guy after no name guy next to ST and the safeties play great but you guys need a stud draft pick to cover your "perennial pro-bowler's" coverage liabilites? :D

I think Moss and Taylor are both a little spicy mustard as well.

IMO, the Skins and Boys pretty similar in terms of the "blue collar" classification.

Couple flashy players here or there, but all hard working, no nonsense for the most part.

I agree with that. It comes from the coaches, both bring a fairly lunch pail attitude to the table. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. A smash mouth NFC East and one the best all time coaching rivalries involving the most storied rivalry in football. Should it be any other way?

Isn't it funny that we can stick no name guy after no name guy next to ST and the safeties play great but you guys need a stud draft pick to cover your "perennial pro-bowler's" coverage liabilites? :D

The Redskins sure are sticking a no name guy like Adam Archuleta with a $10 million guaranteed to cover your "pro-bowl wannabe's" liabilities. The Cowboys are looking at maybe someone in the 2nd or 3rd round (in other words, a rookie) to help out Williams, while the Redskins felt the need to give the biggest free agent contract ever to a mediocre safety. Who's more desperate for safety help?

The Cowboys finished just behind the Redskins last season in total defense and led the league two seasons ago with no-name safeties. Can you even name their safeties besides Williams?

I agree with that. It comes from the coaches, both bring a fairly lunch pail attitude to the table. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. A smash mouth NFC East and one the best all time coaching rivalries involving the most storied rivalry in football. Should it be any other way?

Coughlin is a Parcells student so we have 3 in that mold.

Now if Reid would just get with the program. :D

We have a perennial pro-bowler at the position and we should be drafting a top flight FS this year. :(:)

Please. Roy Williams is the Mike Alstott of the safety position. 31 out of 32 NFL coaches would say Sean Taylor is a better player than Roy Williams, and Parcells might give a no comment. Taylor is like a Roy Williams that can cover wide receivers.

The Redskins sure are sticking a no name guy like Adam Archuleta with a $10 million guaranteed to cover your "pro-bowl wannabe's" liabilities. The Cowboys are looking at maybe someone in the 2nd or 3rd round (in other words, a rookie) to help out Williams, while the Redskins felt the need to give the biggest free agent contract ever to a mediocre safety. Who's more desperate for safety help?

The Cowboys finished just behind the Redskins last season in total defense and led the league two seasons ago with no-name safeties. Can you even name their safeties besides Williams?

unlike you brokeback boys we dont depend on gambling in the draft. and there is no need to name your safeties because the truth is they couldnt even cover one Redskins WR last year. what will they do now that we have three? the same thing, get BURNT.

by the way, nice sig. to which i say WORST DEFEAT IN RIVALRY HISTORY. that means EVER for you dallass fans that dont understand.

No matter what troubles ST had after his rookie season? Wow, you actually are comparing T.O. being a bad teammate and a jerk in a GAME to Sean Taylor allegedly pointing a gun at someone and you actually make it sound as if what T.O. did was worse? Who's suffering stockholm syndrome here? Hey, I bet you think T.O. is worse than Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis and Ray Carruth too, huh? Who cares that they were all allegedly accused of attempted murder or dealing drugs? At least they were great teammates! Hey, you know that guy who killed a few people in that office in Atlanta? They said he was a great co-worker before that. Cut him a break! He was a good guy who made one little mistake that happened to be a felony. Just wait til your FS (Frequent Spitter) is convicted! Then he'll only be half as bad as T.O. How T.O. is still a free man is anyone's guess!

FS (Frequent Spitter) weak

Frequent Swallower----Cowboys fans

I have no problem with Taylor. My issue is that I don't see how anyone could think that T.O. is a bigger problem than Taylor's situation. Obviously, a WR who's a total team player and good citizen would be the ideal situation. But I just think that having anyone with serious legal issues is bad for the team. I felt this way about Irvin during the 90's too. Did I still want him on my team? Sure. But did I go out of my way to point the finger at other teams with problem receivers on their roster when my own team had worse problems? Nope.

Seriously.. the two cannot be compared... ST did nothing and that will be illustrated in about a month or so im sure... Dude.. a club dj/lawyer...

these charges are trumped up.. while TO will do his things on live TV and bash people that he depends on and who depend on him..

All i can say about the Dallas TO realationship is that you two deserve each other....

How can a cowboys fans even BEGIN to speak about legal issues... your team has been full of criminals since it began... I agree with SAXON... you are a homo

unlike you brokeback boys we dont depend on gambling in the draft. and there is no need to name your safeties because the truth is they couldnt even cover one Redskins WR last year. what will they do now that we have three? the same thing, get BURNT.

by the way, nice sig. to which i say WORST DEFEAT IN RIVALRY HISTORY. that means EVER for you dallass fans that dont understand.

Yeah, you'd rather gamble with $10 guaranteed on a safety with a bad back and injury history. No risk there. I guess the other 30 teams are wrong for "gambling" by drafting young players too?

Haha, say all you want, of all the high-price free agents the Redskins, signed, Lloyd is the only one who's ever done anything against the Cowboys. Carter and Archuletta have never recorded a sack, pass defense or interception against the Cowboys. And Randle-El caught all of 1 pass when he played them. We're shaking...

As far as the worst defeat in rivalry history, you don't know your history very well or is it that you just can't do math? I can think of three games off the top of my head:

How about the 27-0 shutout 2 seasons ago? Or the 38-3 (35 point different since you can't do math) win in 1993? Heck, you can go back to 1970 for the 34-0 shutout (34 point difference since I know you're bad at math). Oh yeah, you probably do that fuzzy Redskin math (if you take the point difference and spread if over 7 years it's actually only a 4.85 point margin of victory). Try again!

Seriously.. the two cannot be compared... ST did nothing and that will be illustrated in about a month or so im sure... Dude.. a club dj/lawyer...

these charges are trumped up.. while TO will do his things on live TV and bash people that he depends on and who depend on him..

All i can say about the Dallas TO realationship is that you two deserve each other....

How can a cowboys fans even BEGIN to speak about legal issues... your team has been full of criminals since it began... I agree with SAXON... you are a homo

You're right, they can't be compared. T.O. have never gotten into legal trouble and Taylor is an alleged felon. Yeah, if Taylor didn't do anything he wouldn't be going to court next month. I think the legal system has better things to do than go after people for the fun of it.

Nice argument. You can't think of anything else so you call me a homo. Well, at least I'm not the one showing man-love for Sean Taylor. Maybe you should get convicted of a felony (if you haven't already) and the two of you can share a jail cell and have all the you want together. I'm sure you'd like that.

Archived