Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you think of the first round pick you traded us?

LoyalSoldier

I thought I would come back and visit here. It is a long offseason. It was a nice board to be around and I can proudly say I avoided Bronco Billy during the week you played the Broncos. :)

Any rate I was currious of what you guys thought of the trade. Our first round last year for yours this year. Do you think it was a good deal?

Well considering we had to make a decision with Ramsey this offseason, and Brunell's not getting any younger. Getting Campbell a year under his belt so that this season he should be waiting in the wings, and when the opportunity presents itself hopefully he'll be ready to take the reigns, was probably the best decision to make.

Having said all that, I think it was a good move for us, and you guys definitely, because we don't have to set ourselves back a season by trying to draft a QB this year.

I thought I would come back and visit here. It is a long offseason. It was a nice board to be around and I can proudly say I avoided Bronco Billy during the week you played the Broncos. :)

Any rate I was currious of what you guys thought of the trade. Our first round last year for yours this year. Do you think it was a good deal?

Bet you thought that pick was gonna be a top 10. :laugh:

It looks like a good deal for both teams. Just like the Bailey for Portis trade was a good deal for both teams.

We needed a young QB to groom and you guys are sitting pretty with two #1 picks in the draft. :D

Ok lot of touchy feely diplomacy going on here. Bottomline, Denver can't be too happy with this trade now. At the time of the trade it slightly favoured the Skins, them going on to the play-offs and lowering the pick all the way to 22 really unbalanced it. As has been pointed out, Bronco's management may have believed they would be getting a top ten pick (I know for a fact their fans thought that) and #22 has to be a big disappointment. BTW who we drafted has nothing to do with it we traded our picks for Denvers pick (not Jason Campbell).

Seems like an excellent trade for the Skins.

Brunell is on his last legs.

Gibbs clearly didn't like Ramsey.

So we got our QB of the future a year early and you got a pick this year that was pretty much in the same exact spot you gave us. I'm sure at the time you all thought it was going to be a top 5 or top 10 pick. Too bad.

By the way, how's Tatum Bell working out for you? :D

it was a VERY good move for the Skins. If/When Campbell starts this year, he has the benefit of a full year learning how the NFL works, both on and off the field. And as said, I'm sure Denver thought they were getting a top 10 pick. I couldn't be happier with how things turned out! :)

This was definitely a good move for the Broncos. Not so much b/c of the frst round placement, but because of the depth of the draft this year; particularly in the early rounds.

HOPEFULLY, it will turn out to be a bonanza for the REdskins but the jury is still out b/c J. Campbell hasn't taken a snap yet... :helmet:

I am anticipating seeing Campbell in action...so hurry up preseason! We don't know what you guys are going to get yet. It's looking like the draft is going to be a bit heavy on the defensive side so what do you think you might go for?

I would think you'll need a new safety to start grooming. Lynch has always been impressive but he is getting a little long in the tooth.

I am guessing another dlineman is also going to be on your list. Otherwise you guys will be in that dreaded CAP HELL :evil: next year right alongside us! :laugh:

Let's resurect this discussion after draft day.

If we had not made the trade not only would we not have the QB we wanted with a year under his belt but we would have to trade up this year to get one of the top 3 QBs available which in all likelyhood would take as much or more than we gave up last year.

And for the record I like Campbell a whole lot more than Jay Cutler.

guys have we forgetten that we gave up more than a 1st round choice to get jason campebell.

We did not give up a first round pick for Jason Campbell. We gave up a 3rd and a 4th rounder to use this year's first rounder a year earlier.

And for the record I like Campbell a whole lot more than Jay Cutler.

I would not go as far saying that. Jason Campbell was never menetioned as a first-rounder in major sources before draft while Jay Culter is a sure top-10 pick in this draft. I would take Jay Culter over JC anyday.

It is a good trade for Denver (#25 for #22 plus a No.3 and a No.4). The value of Our three pick is 1060 while the value of #25 is only 750.

Had we kept the pick, we could possibly move up to top 10-15 (if J Culter or Vince Y falls) by trading our No.1 and NO.2 together. For No.3 pick last year, we could select Canty or Foxworth (CB)...

I would not go as far saying that. Jason Campbell was never menetioned as a first-rounder in major sources before draft while Jay Culter is a sure top-10 pick in this draft. I would take Jay Culter over JC anyday.

It is a good trade for Denver (#25 for #22 plus a No.3 and a No.4). The value of Our three pick is 1060 while the value of #25 is only 750.

Had we kept the pick, we could possibly move up to top 10-15 (if J Culter or Vince Y falls) by trading our No.1 and NO.2 together. For No.3 pick last year, we could select Canty or Foxworth (CB)...

I really don't get the love for Cutler by a lot of people. He actually reminds me quite a bit of Patrick Ramsey coming out of college. Even if we hadn't taken Campbell I would rather not take him if he fell to the 2nd round. I just don't think he will be a great NFL QB.

Just so everything is clear, Cutler is by no means asure top ten pick. Secondly, your math as it concerns the trade are way off.

Washington got 1st(25)=720 pts

Denver got 1st(22)= 360 pts(future picks are devalued by one round(54)

3rd(76)= 210

4th(119)= 30 (value of pick 155)

Based on the way picks are valued by the chart we made out like bandits.

I'd bet money that Campbell turns out to be a better pro than Cutler. Stellar career at Auburn vs. stellar career at Vanderbilt? Come on now. Cutler is a mirror image of Patrick Ramsey with how his draft stock rose after his senior year at a crappy school. I'd be horrified if we picked him.

I think the Broncos have to be happy with the deal either way. I'm sure they were banking on a top 15 pick, however with two 1st round picks it gives them more room to make deals. maybe the texans will trade for two 1st round picks (not likely) but I'm just throwing out scenarios.

BTW, Denver got damn lucky in week 4 of last season. A couple of bad calls (like Patten's interferance) and we would have won that game.

So how are you guys liking The Snake now??

Archived