Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Lead prosecutor in Sean Taylor's trial steps aside

21KillzCowboys

Free Sean Taylor!

I would agree with most that this trial is a joke. Funny thing is the "alleged defendant" is up working out, not even close to the trial.

BTW, Can anyone tell me if the "alleged victims" were ever prosecuted for theft?

Its been so long, I really have forgot the particulars :readnews: :yawnee: :snore:

Thanks.

The next surprise announcement is, Grieco, a fantastic prosecutor of the highest character has decided, completely voluntarily, to leave the Miami DA's office and pursue his passion for music.

that's the announcement i'm fully expecting. his boss would not be too bright to allow him to continue practicing law in the name of Dade County.

Actually, all you guys are incorrect.

The LEGENDARY Sir Mixalot is coming out of semi-retirement to prosecute this case.

When asked about the opportunity to take hold of the trial, he was quoted as saying, "You know, I always wanted to study the law. Now, I get my chance to be a lawyer without any of the annoying school! What can I say, I like big judges and I cannot lie, you other juries can't deny, when the plaintiff walks in with an itty bitty case and the defense throws it in his face you get sprung."

ST no longer has a chance. I'll visit him in prison.

:logo:

Wouldn't a new prosecutor need time to study the case? This would precipitate another delay.

True, but any further delays are at the judge's discretion. I'm sure Sharpstein will object to any attempt at a continuance siting the current delay until May 8 by Greico for "personal reasons" and the fact that the case is already close to a year old.

Greico was not the DA he is an assistant DA, and you had best belive that the DA knows about this case and gave approval for it to be prosecuted. All this is, is a change of prosecuters that is all it is not being dismissed.

Sadcase, this would be the same DA that had a full grasp on her office, and was fully aware of ADDJ Esq's outside activities? They have sportscasters in DC making up raps of them, they have one of their ADA's inappropriate websites posted all over national news, and they have a case where the only evidence is the word of 6 people with rap sheets longer than me.....who recently gained a very public spotlight when at least one of them was arrested with a stolen ATV.... Maybe you're right, but I don't see this going on to long.

The next surprise announcement is, Grieco, a fantastic prosecutor of the highest character has decided, completely voluntarily, to leave the Miami DA's office and pursue his passion for music.

Yep! Anyone who believes that HE asked to be removed/replaced is smokin' the same stuff that his club patrons do!

Wouldn't a new prosecutor need time to study the case? This would precipitate another delay.

Except that the Judge may see it as the DA's office had this scum prosecuting the case, possibly violating rules of the Florida Bar, and that they got themselves into this predicament. Therefore, they are not entitled to a continuance.

If the Miami DA's office doesn't drop the charges, the Judge very well might dismiss!

You kind of have to think that all this stuff was been known by the defense and they are just now letting it out close to trial to give taylor the best chance of getting off. I just cant help but think Big Dan dispatched his best people to help sean win this case and this would be an excellent strategy to let all this info come to the surface right before the trial starts. I will be so happy and relieved when this whole thing is over. I cant seem to focus on next season until i know if #21 will be on the field.

Archived