Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With the Skins new speed should Dan put in field turf?

MontanaSkins

The turf they use now is just like grass so there is really no point in doing it.

Yeah except that there's no dirt that can become muddy and it can't shift when pressure is applied to it so theres better traction....so yeah just like grass and dirt. :doh:

Turf = more injuries...even with the new stuff.

I always heard, playing on Turf is like playing on cement with a green carpet for a "natural" look. To many injuries to quality players on Turf. At the very least, some serious Turf burns can be acquired playing on Turf. I guess iam old school let them play on grass. Hail

If we switched to turf, the visiting teams get the same advantage. Speed. So it's not a benefit for a home team in any way. It just makes BOTH teams faster, and so the entire game faster. But it does lead to unnecessary injury. So, I'm completely against it.

I thought field turf was still quicker than grass, but I can't back that up

I play on field turf and grass and field turf is a much faster surface. But, the redskins and the entire NFC east is very traditional. Part of Redskins tradition is the grass fields and the muddy uniforms. I think the players at this point dont really care about the difference because its just what shoes they wear.

I was having this discussion with a high school friend who is the starting fullback for WVU. He was telling me that he prefers to play on the field turf at WVU becuase its easier for him to cut on. He's a faster fullback than most but thats not ridiculously fast but he was telling me he feels a lot better on the turf and that its much better to play on....

Me on the other hand...as a fan...I prefer grass.

Archived