Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Jamar Fletcher to visit monday

CPstretch

Terrell Buckley comes to mind as a player who bounced around and finally found a system that suited him.

I'd welcome the addition and see what the coaches can do with him. We're one injury away from Jimoh and Morton/Patterson seeing plenty of game time. He'd be a great move for depth.

TBuck has been all over the place lately but he was only on 2 teams for the first 8 years of his career. that's hardly bouncing around. at JF's rate - he'll be out of the league long before he sees year 8. 3 teams in 5 seasons likely means you just dont have what it takes.

hope i'm wrong and he turns out to be a steal. :)

We traded Bailey for Portis. I think Williams is a good coach and knew we'd be fine without him.

Point taken. And Williams is a GREAT coach. But I think there were some extenuating circumstances as the return was an exceptional back.

Plus there was an incredibly deep free agent class at CB that year so we could count on an adequate replacement. I'm sure our Front Office had Shawn Springs lined up before they pulled the trigger on the Bailey deal. :)

Point taken. And Williams is a GREAT coach. But I think there were some extenuating circumstances as the return was an exceptional back.

Plus there was an incredibly deep free agent class at CB that year so we could count on an adequate replacement. I'm sure our Front Office had Shawn Springs lined up before they pulled the trigger on the Bailey deal. :)

Their return was a potentially great WR. David Boston was a beast in Arizona but had too big of a head to succeed in SD, that and the steroids got ot him. We took a risk as Portis could have been a Denver product, and they took a risk that he might be the washed up vet they soon learned he was.

Yeah I know he's great, but the original poster said no "good" defensive coach would make the move.

Anyways we traded the best CB in the game for Portis. So whatever we picked up in FA wouldn't be as good (I still love you Shawn lol).

As well, it has been said that Wynn will be moved to DT. He is a better run stopper than Salave'a so I think he will be our starting RDT.

HUH???

Wynn is a good run defender for a defensive end but Salave'a is a tremendous run stuffer. It's what he does. I think the talk of moving Wynn to DT is just on passing downs.

Jimoh did perform solidly last year and we were in a pinch. He rose to the pressure which goes a long way with a coach like GW. That being said, I don't think Jimoh has the physical tools to ever be a #2. Right now our D needs a CB who can not only fill the nickel role, but step in should one of the starters go down. With Springs getting up there in years we need that security. I don't know if Fletcher is the answer, but I do know that Jimoh is not a long-term solution.

You mean Ade Jimoh-****-he's-on-the-field? I wouldnt mind Fletcher as our 3rd CB. Is there anyone better out there?

I don't know anything about this guy. I don't recall seeing him play. But I would be willing to sign a trashcan with wheels on it to fill that nickel position if it means Ade Jitoast doesn't see time there. :doh:

I am ok with him sticking around for special teams, but he is terrible on defense!!

Wheels? ... would you be happy with a trashcan with a single wheel? :D

you need to flip the ends and OLB's. As well, it has been said that Wynn will be moved to DT. He is a better run stopper than Salave'a so I think he will be our starting RDT.

You are insane. What in the world would make you believe that Renaldo Wynn is a better run-stopper than Joe Salave'a at the DT position???

Yeah I know he's great, but the original poster said no "good" defensive coach would make the move.

Anyways we traded the best CB in the game for Portis. So whatever we picked up in FA wouldn't be as good (I still love you Shawn lol).

1. Who are you referring to in the first paragraph?

2. Whether Bailey is the best CB in the game is pretty debatable. What isn't is that Gibbs and more importantly Williams felt that it was best to invest roughly the same amount of money in Springs + Portis than Bailey alone. It's about the big picture - not just a pure Springs for Bailey concept.

We didn't have to let Bailey go. We allowed him to seek a trade. I still think it was a good one for the above reasons.

Everyone seems split on who we will take in the 2nd round between the O-line and a linebacker. I think backup linemen are picked up in the later rounds. I fully expect the skins to pick up a linebacker with their 1st pick. Linemen can be found in the 4th, 5th, 6th, etc.. Joe Jacoby comes to mind :)

This is true, but two years ago we drafted Wilson in the fifth and Molinaro in the sixth. Wilson has since been cut and Molinaro hasn't played even when we have had several injuries.

Archived