Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Jamar Fletcher to visit monday

CPstretch

It's kind of rare that CBs bounce around this much in a young career and then suddenly "get it" with a 3rd team. I'm surprised he couldn't stick in Miami or SD as even a 4th CB. Perhaps it's b/c he's just too small to be worth much on special teams. As we all know, you need at least 1 or 2 of your CBs to produce on specials.

I wouldn't expect much out of JF. In fact I might be a little frightened if he was our nickel cb.

I don't know anything about this guy. I don't recall seeing him play. But I would be willing to sign a trashcan with wheels on it to fill that nickel position if it means Ade Jitoast doesn't see time there. :doh:

I am ok with him sticking around for special teams, but he is terrible on defense!!

during all the games Jimoh played in last year he was solid and played better then walt harris and you best believe if we sign fletcher Jimoh will give him a good run for that nickle CB spot

It would be a good move. He obviously has the talent, it will be on Jerry Gray to get the most out of him. I wouldn't discount Jimoh either.....He has the physical tools and has improved year to year....This still doesn't stop us from drafting a couple of corners in the 6 $ 7th rounds....

during all the games Jimoh played in last year he was solid and played better then walt harris and you best believe if we sign fletcher Jimoh will give him a good run for that nickle CB spot

Nah, is Jamar Fletcher is signed, Jamar Fletcher will be our Nickel back. Ade is a solid, hard hitting player, but will fair much better against #4 recievers than a #3 guy. Special Teams is his forte, anyway.

Jimoh did perform solidly last year and we were in a pinch. He rose to the pressure which goes a long way with a coach like GW. That being said, I don't think Jimoh has the physical tools to ever be a #2. Right now our D needs a CB who can not only fill the nickel role, but step in should one of the starters go down. With Springs getting up there in years we need that security. I don't know if Fletcher is the answer, but I do know that Jimoh is not a long-term solution.

It's kind of rare that CBs bounce around this much in a young career and then suddenly "get it" with a 3rd team. I'm surprised he couldn't stick in Miami or SD as even a 4th CB. Perhaps it's b/c he's just too small to be worth much on special teams. As we all know, you need at least 1 or 2 of your CBs to produce on specials.

I wouldn't expect much out of JF. In fact I might be a little frightened if he was our nickel cb.

Fletcher was part of the Boston deal. He was playing behind very good corners in Miami. I don't think he's a great player but in a depth role, which is what he's been in the league, I think we at least match what Harris had become, so, we make the position more stable.

Fletcher was part of the Boston deal. He was playing behind very good corners in Miami. I don't think he's a great player but in a depth role, which is what he's been in the league, I think we at least match what Harris had become, so, we make the position more stable.

Had that deal been made by a new coach, it wouldn't be noteworthy. Problem is - the same coach who drafted him #1 turned around and dealt him after 3 nondescript years. That's a pretty bad sign. Wannstedt couldn't figure out the QB position during his stay in Miami but he seemed to know defense. I don't see a defensive coach trading a good CB for anything but a QB -especially when his starting CBs are 30+ at the time.

My memory could be fuzzy but I don't think JF was just playing behind Madison and Surtain. I'm pretty sure they brought in a free agent CB (Reggie Howard?) to replace him because they weren't confident he was going to be an effective #3. Then they turned around and dealt him for Boston. Or perhaps they dealt him first.

Then JF goes to San Diego where they are just hurting for good CB play and he's just so-so. It's hard to imagine that a team with a barn full of mediocre CBs would just let a good one go.

But hey, if we sign him - maybe he'll thrive under Gray. Ya never know. I just like to see a better resume from a #3 CB.

Fletcher's been manning the nickle spot for 5 years, I like that kind of experience. I heard John Clayton say that 9 to 10 DBs could go in the first round.. Wow!!!! What will be there 22 picks into the second round, I'm thinking not much. I really hope that we can get Fletcher, he'd be a nice fit.

Terrell Buckley comes to mind as a player who bounced around and finally found a system that suited him.

I'd welcome the addition and see what the coaches can do with him. We're one injury away from Jimoh and Morton/Patterson seeing plenty of game time. He'd be a great move for depth.

Terrell Buckley comes to mind as a player who bounced around and finally found a system that suited him.

I'd welcome the addition and see what the coaches can do with him. We're one injury away from Jimoh and Morton/Patterson seeing plenty of game time. He'd be a great move for depth.

That's true. Let him sign and workout. If the coaches feel he won't work out, then let him walk. No big loss.

Then JF goes to San Diego where they are just hurting for good CB play and he's just so-so. It's hard to imagine that a team with a barn full of mediocre CBs would just let a good one go.

This is what I was thinking...SD's pass-defense has been atrocious the past few seasons, even with the pass-rushing of Merriman this past season. Fletcher couldn't crack the starting line up there? Ugh...I wouldn't be too excited about this guy. I'd rather have Jimoh playing nickel. :2cents:

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

i guess he learned that the nfl ain't the big 10...

Fletcher's been manning the nickle spot for 5 years, I like that kind of experience. I heard John Clayton say that 9 to 10 DBs could go in the first round.. Wow!!!! What will be there 22 picks into the second round, I'm thinking not much. I really hope that we can get Fletcher, he'd be a nice fit.

if what clayton says actually happens thenit means..

some fine def ends will be pushed to us

some of the fine tight ends will be pusjed to us

some of the linebackers will be pushed to us...

we could end up doing well no matter what

Fletcher still has a ton of potential. Lets not forgwt that he has played 5 yrs in the pros and is still only 26. His failure in SD isn't nearly as big a deal as everyone wants to make it out to be.

SD has 3 former 1st round picks at CB Jammer, Davis and Fletcher. A second rounder in Florence. At safety they have a 2nd round pick in Kiel. Despite the early choices their secondary has sucked hard.

I honestly do not believe that a team that has 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders playing in their secondary fails to cover becasue of player deficiencies. I put all the blame on the scheme and the coaches.

I suspect Fletcher could turn out to be an excellent CB in the NFL. I would sign him to a 4-5 year deal in the hopes that he is the guy to eventually supplant Springs.

Archived