Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nintendo Revolution's tech specs.

QBkilla56

That's simple. Because everyone loves Tecmo Bowl.

And, too add to your other post that I forgot to quote, it takes at least 5 minutes to beat Super Mario Brothers.....

if it takes you 5 minutes, something's wrong. unless you're not using warps.

tecmo bowl was way cool in the early 90's. still cool now, for a little while. but 8 plays? please.

i guess i should just say that nintendo has let me down for too long, and i'm pissed. i'm pissed that i routinely see commercials for really cool games, only to be disappointed not to see the GC logo at the end. i'm pissed that they just completely abandoned the 64 way before they should have (what happened to all the expansion ports?) i'm pissed that the GC has about 1/3 the selection of games of the other 2 systems. i'm pissed that they pushed zelda back AGAIN.

i've owned EVERY nintendo system ever made. the zelda series is the best ever, hands down. if the revolution drops for 150, i'll probably get it.

i don't hate nintendo, i love it. they've just shot themselves in the foot too many times.

if it takes you 5 minutes, something's wrong. unless you're not using warps.

tecmo bowl was way cool in the early 90's. still cool now, for a little while. but 8 plays? please.

I would like to see the 2 minute Mario victory.

Still cool, for a little while, is what I'm going to work off of here.

That's Nintendo's strategy here. Now, with MAME's & roms & the like you can play "almost" any game you want. All it takes is a little effort. But, how many gamers know about these things? Even if it's 25%, there's still a 75% marketplace for the retro gamer.

Lets say, for some reason, (after reading a "oldschool game thread" perhaps) you have a sudden urge to play, say Base Wars. Now, you can either A)- dig out your nintendo & buy one on Ebay, B)- try to figure out how to load up a rom, or C)- but it on your revolution for 2 bucks. The average person is going to pick option C, because it's the easiest & 2 bucks is nothing. 10 minutes later, they're out 2 bucks because they remember that Base Wars sucks, but you get the idea. Having every game ever released at your fingertips is a great idea that will make nintendo money. Any game you can think of you can play in minutes, meaning impulse buys of crappy games will be through the roof.

You fail to understand the market :). There are so many things that influence who buys what that a 360 price drop come christmas hardly counts as Microsoft winning the war. I have been a soldier in the console wars for 16 years son, trust me on this ;).

Heh I remember when the Tubro Grafix 16 was supposed to be the death nail for Nintendo... We all know what happened there..

I would like to see the 2 minute Mario victory.

Still cool, for a little while, is what I'm going to work off of here.

That's Nintendo's strategy here. Now, with MAME's & roms & the like you can play "almost" any game you want. All it takes is a little effort. But, how many gamers know about these things? Even if it's 25%, there's still a 75% marketplace for the retro gamer.

Lets say, for some reason, (after reading a "oldschool game thread" perhaps) you have a sudden urge to play, say Base Wars. Now, you can either A)- dig out your nintendo & buy one on Ebay, B)- try to figure out how to load up a rom, or C)- but it on your revolution for 2 bucks. The average person is going to pick option C, because it's the easiest & 2 bucks is nothing. 10 minutes later, they're out 2 bucks because they remember that Base Wars sucks, but you get the idea. Having every game ever released at your fingertips is a great idea that will make nintendo money. Any game you can think of you can play in minutes, meaning impulse buys of crappy games will be through the roof.

point taken. i guess i'm just not who they're marketing to. i want cutting edge, non-nursery themed games. i don't want a toddler link, i want the bad ass link that was supposed to be in wind waker until someone over there ate a bag of 'shrooms and gave me the cel-shaded crap. at least twilight princess is supposed to be adult-themed. but w/ this new pushback, who knows. maybe he'll be in diapers bashing gannon w/ his sippie cup.

I must state up front that I am a Nintendo fan boy.

The reason I think Revolution will do well is that people usually have two gaming systems. Revolution will be the other one. My second gaming system is my PC. I buy the must have Gamecube games like Metroid, Mario Kart, Super Mario Strikers, and such that are exclusive to the system and are a good time with friends and family alike.

I buy other games such as NHL, Madden, and Star Wars Battlefront for my PC.

My decision to get a Revolution is based on the simple fact that I will not be able to get the great Nintendo exclusive games without it.

What so many who say Nintendo should give up on making systems forget is that they have the cash cow that is Game Boy and DS. If either of those start to fail I would see Nintendo becoming a software developer very soon.

What so many who say Nintendo should give up on making systems forget is that they have the cash cow that is Game Boy and DS. If either of those start to fail I would see Nintendo becoming a software developer very soon.

ds is a far cry from a cash cow. not even close.

gameboy is a different story. and because of the time, effort and energy that they put into it, it's almost as if they don't care about the grown-up games. imo, fwiw.

ds is a far cry from a cash cow. not even close.

gameboy is a different story. and because of the time, effort and energy that they put into it, it's almost as if they don't care about the grown-up games. imo, fwiw.

They don't in the least. Nintendo gave up on the grown-up games years ago. They've always been a kid's company. Dating back to when they didn't allow blood in the home port of the original Mortal Kombat.

With the "kiddie" games they have, you can buy a Nintendo for your 5/6 year old kid, and not have to worry about the content. As an added bonus, the parents of these kids can play some of their old favorites on the revolution.

The hardcore gamer market is with Xbox & Playstation. Nintendo has their niche with the kids.

All this Kiddie crap is a bunch of nonsense. Games are either good or bad, and in my opinion, I've played just as many bad "adult" games as I have bad "kiddie" games and vice-versa. A good game is a good game, regardless of its material.

All this Kiddie crap is a bunch of nonsense. Games are either good or bad, and in my opinion, I've played just as many bad "adult" games as I have bad "kiddie" games and vice-versa. A good game is a good game, regardless of its material.

it's a matter of opinion, and you're entitled to yours. imo, yes, there are plenty of bad "adult" games, but i don't have much interest in kiddie games at all. i'm 28.

it's a matter of opinion, and you're entitled to yours. imo, yes, there are plenty of bad "adult" games, but i don't have much interest in kiddie games at all. i'm 28.

Yeah, Major's mom and I play bad "adult" games every weekend. Her favorite is 'Hide the log in the canyon'.

:nana:

Meh the only game that is important is Sonic, elder scrolls and Castlevania. Personally after Dreamcast floundered I've been pretty disappointed with video game systems.

I have a gamecube, and the only game I play on it is the Sonic Collection. So basically, I spent 200 bucks on something that I could have had for nothing if I hooked up my Genesis........

i guess it's all relative (insert wv joke here)

relatively speaking, a twig would make it seem like "deep space"

like giving a whale a tic-tac ;)

Speaking of relative...

I've got to admit, she said you filled *ahem* space better than i did. So here ya go - :1stplace:

They don't in the least. Nintendo gave up on the grown-up games years ago. They've always been a kid's company. Dating back to when they didn't allow blood in the home port of the original Mortal Kombat.

With the "kiddie" games they have, you can buy a Nintendo for your 5/6 year old kid, and not have to worry about the content. As an added bonus, the parents of these kids can play some of their old favorites on the revolution.

The hardcore gamer market is with Xbox & Playstation. Nintendo has their niche with the kids.

Helll no. Hardcore gamers are Nintendophiles that can sink 14 hour marathon sessions with Resident Evil 4 like it was nothing. Gamers that make grown men cry in Super Smash Brother Tournaments. Cats that know the Konami code by heart. No system has a monopoly on the hardcore market, but in terms of fanaticism, I think Nintendo has the others beat :).

Helll no. Hardcore gamers are Nintendophiles that can sink 14 hour marathon sessions with Resident Evil 4 like it was nothing. Gamers that make grown men cry in Super Smash Brother Tournaments. Cats that know the Konami code by heart. No system has a monopoly on the hardcore market, but in terms of fanaticism, I think Nintendo has the others beat :).

EVERYONE knows the konami code....but w/ out using al gore's invention, can you rattle off the code to get straight to tyson?

Archived