Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nintendo Revolution's tech specs.

QBkilla56

after reading that, i am sure the revolution is going to go way of the dreamcast. the problem is that, developers arent going to figure how to maximise the potential of the controller, and very few games even take advantage a controller like that. Fishing? Baseball? its not gonna work very well. And the systems specs are on par with the ORIGINAL xbox? wtf are they smokin at nintendo? people are looking for HighDef gaming and lots of power, not a system with an "innovative" contoller. Man nintendo use to be the best, what happened?

after reading that, i am sure the revolution is going to go way of the dreamcast. the problem is that, developers arent going to figure how to maximise the potential of the controller, and very few games even take advantage a controller like that. Fishing? Baseball? its not gonna work very well. And the systems specs are on par with the ORIGINAL xbox? wtf are they smokin at nintendo? people are looking for HighDef gaming and lots of power, not a system with an "innovative" contoller. Man nintendo use to be the best, what happened?

They are targeting a different set of gamers. It's not terrible marketing, but you're right; the real question comes in with the developers. They've done a reasonably good job of getting support for their next gen system up to this point, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with this one.

I think they'll survive because they aren't trying to directly compete with the PS3 and the XBox360, and they'll get enough games made to do it.

At first I thought the controller was a step back in design, back to the days of the Atari joystick, but then I actually saw it and realized the potential.

This allows more independence of each hand, and with that, the possibilities are fresh and probably just as useful as the computer combination of keyboard and mouse. I think it has a lot of potential, but am unsure of how it will play out in the long run.

there is a lot you still don't understand about the specs. when a system first comes out, most the games you see do not take advantage of the system's full potential. yes, the revolution may be "on par" with the xbox, but the games will still be more advanced that xbox games because they have had time to improve upon the quality of the games themselves.

also, numerous game developers have already announced they are developing games with the revolution's controller specifically in mind.

nintendo is down, but not out yet. remember, the revolution is significantly cheaper than the ps3 and 360. possibly as cheap as $150. i just hope that 3rd party developers don't leave nintendo out this time, because that was the main problem of the gaycube, no good games. (and a crappy controller, and smaller disc sizes, and no online support)

there is a lot you still don't understand about the specs. when a system first comes out, most the games you see do not take advantage of the system's full potential. yes, the revolution may be "on par" with the xbox, but the games will still be more advanced that xbox games because they have had time to improve upon the quality of the games themselves.

also, numerous game developers have already announced they are developing games with the revolution's controller specifically in mind.

Yes, the games maybe more "advanced", but the average consumer wants eye candy. IMHO i think pontential customers will be thrown off by the fact its as powerful as the old xbox. but yea, nintendo is trying to be "unique", but as i said, the average consumer doesnt want to go for a cliche product. they want something thats been proven. they are focusing on the controller too much...a game does not become good just because it as an innovative controller. the games still needs to be good and the graphics have to be great to compete in the current market of consoles. nintendo needs to create a system that will be easy to program...the ds didnt have a dvd rom, and thus the games were not able to be "large". they need to use a common form drive, that devolopers are familiar with. just my :2cents:

Yes, the games maybe more "advanced", but the average consumer wants eye candy. IMHO i think pontential customers will be thrown off by the fact its as powerful as the old xbox. but yea, nintendo is trying to be "unique", but as i said, the average consumer doesnt want to go for a cliche product. they want something thats been proven. they are focusing on the controller too much...a game does not become good just because it as an innovative controller. the games still needs to be good and the graphics have to be great to compete in the current market of consoles. nintendo needs to create a system that will be easy to program...the ds didnt have a dvd rom, and thus the games were not able to be "large". they need to use a common form drive, that devolopers are familiar with. just my :2cents:

the revolution will be using DVDs if i remember correctly, and the evolution will be using the same mini-discs the gamecube used.

I think nintendo is done and needs to put more attention to selling their games for PS3 and 360. It is clear the gaming industry is between two players, and right now just one :)

As usual you are wrong :). The DS is skoolin fools, and the Revo has got legs. Didn't you hear that they will allow you to D/L old Nintendo games, Genesis games, AND turbografix 16 games? That adds so much to the initial library, I am speechless.

At first I thought the controller was a step back in design, back to the days of the Atari joystick, but then I actually saw it and realized the potential.

This allows more independence of each hand, and with that, the possibilities are fresh and probably just as useful as the computer combination of keyboard and mouse. I think it has a lot of potential, but am unsure of how it will play out in the long run.

They will allow users to insert the controller in a gamecube-like shell for more "normal" games.

As usual you are wrong :). The DS is skoolin fools, and the Revo has got legs. Didn't you hear that they will allow you to D/L old Nintendo games, Genesis games, AND turbografix 16 games? That adds so much to the initial library, I am speechless.

no, what is wrong is you haven't realized we have been doing that with xbox for over 2 years now :laugh:

It is a very interesting market strategy, and very smart of them.

Let Microsoft and Sony battle it out in the premium market, and sneak in quietly behind them at around a $100-150 price point.

They'll do well I think. As a parent, I might be able to justify $100 for my child... but no way I'm buying my kid a $500 system, just on princible.

Let Microsoft and Sony battle it out in the premium market, and sneak in quietly behind them at around a $100-150 price point.

They'll do well I think. As a parent, I might be able to justify $100 for my child... but no way I'm buying my kid a $500 system, just on princible.

the 360's will be even cheaper come Xmas time :)

Sony is in big trouble

that's exactly it. some people will buy two systems. why buy two of basically the same/expensive system, when you can get the second that's much cheaper and different?

You are the market. So are women. And nostalgics. Nintendo conceded that they won't be able to get the 12-34 market, so they are going after people that usually do not play games. As long as they gimme some Zelda, some Smash Bros, some Mario... ok, so long as they keep making games, they will have me hooked. But believe me, I have railed against the strategies of the big N since they delayed Zelda 64 back in the day, this is by FAR the best stuff they have ever come up with.

the 360's will be even cheaper come Xmas time :)

Sony is in big trouble

You fail to understand the market :). There are so many things that influence who buys what that a 360 price drop come christmas hardly counts as Microsoft winning the war. I have been a soldier in the console wars for 16 years son, trust me on this ;).

Archived