Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NEW LOST on now.

visionary

Hurley won the lottery AFTER leaving the pysch ward - so i don't think she's a gold digger. She is definitely stalking him though, i just think it started before the money - i don't know why she's doing it either (but she's evil).

Right... They made it clear that Hurley was in the psych ward before he won the lottery.

Hurley won the lottery AFTER leaving the pysch ward - so i don't think she's a gold digger. She is definitely stalking him though, i just think it started before the money - i don't know why she's doing it either (but she's evil).

Could it be a friend or some close relationship to Libby that was killed on the balcony and she's blaming Hurley? Why in the hell would she kiss him?

Now you gonna make me have to wake my boy up so I can go back and watch it again NOW!

Y'all need to try and step back a bit and look for the big picture in this. There are so many red herrings swimming around this show it makes you forget that there has to be a ocean for 'em. I'm hooked on this too, I've always been one of those guys that sweats to figure out the real culprit before Holmes tells everyone in the parlour on the last page, so it is definitely bugging me. Gimme some ideas....

What IS the "Dharma Project"? What was its original purpose or intent?

There were an awful lot or resources poured into this island, why is it so decrepit? Is it because Dharma failed, or because it succeeded?

The show has to make you question what is "real", we've seen too many instances of someones thoughts becoming tangible (ie., Walt and the polar bear) Am I the only one questioning just how much of what we've seen is a result of the Dharma Project having its way with the rats in the maze? If so, is "Henry Gale" real, as in a flesh and blood human being?

Why did they make such a point of taking the children? Is there something to adults being predictable and manageable in what they can be led to believe, whereas childrens imaginations might just have dragons dancing in the surf or Santa Claus tooling around over the treetops, and screw up the whole thing?

I've got some thoughts on this but I'd be curious to know what others think. I've looked at most of the online sites/message boards for it and it is all static.

BINGO!! Thanks murf! :cheers:

No problem. You'd hate watching TV with me though. I play that game with practically every show I watch. I'll look at my wife and say "You know, he was in the movie X-Men as a senator. I think Rebecca Romijn-Stamos morphed into him." Without fail she looks at me and says "I don't care. Stop talking."

And then I'll behave until the next show comes on, and the cycle begins again.

No problem. You'd hate watching TV with me though. I play that game with practically every show I watch. I'll look at my wife and say "You know, he was in the movie X-Men as a senator. I think Rebecca Romijn-Stamos morphed into him." Without fail she looks at me and says "I don't care. Stop talking."

And then I'll behave until the next show comes on, and the cycle begins again.

Actually, i would probably love it as i'm the same way (we could have a challenge). That's why it was driving me nuts that i couldn't place him. Then add in that its on Lost, so i'm trying to remember if he's shown up on Lost before and... :mad:

Actually, i would probably love it as i'm the same way (we could have a challenge). That's why it was driving me nuts that i couldn't place him. Then add in that its on Lost, so i'm trying to remember if he's shown up on Lost before and... :mad:

That would be fun. I'm really bad with shows like Lost and '24.' I laughed in season four of 24 when Audrey Rain's brother was the brother from The O.C. (one of my wife's favorite shows). Then I spent an entire episode making jokes about how Audrey was related to the people from her dumb show, and if Jack Bauer hooked up with her he could show up on The O.C. and make it stop sucking.

My favorite "that guy" from this season of Lost was the bearded guy from the Sayid episode, who played Brother Justin on the HBO show Carnivale.

That would be fun. I'm really bad with shows like Lost and '24.' I laughed in season four of 24 when Audrey Rain's brother was the brother from The O.C. (one of my wife's favorite shows). Then I spent an entire episode making jokes about how Audrey was related to the people from her dumb show, and if Jack Bauer hooked up with her he could show up on The O.C. and make it stop sucking.

My favorite "that guy" from this season of Lost was the bearded guy from the Sayid episode, who played Brother Justin on the HBO show Carnivale.

Definitely - my wife and were think "Don't trust him, he's the anti-christ!"

He was also the guard in Shawshank.

we've seen too many instances of someones thoughts becoming tangible (ie., Walt and the polar bear)

I don't think walt made the polar bear appear, if you look at the link that was provided earlier in the thread that disects the map from the previous episode, the map references polar bears.

If so, is "Henry Gale" real, as in a flesh and blood human being?

I would say so since Sayed beat the crap out of him.

I know that, but she's on the island now so she had to get out of the looney bin eventually. I was thinking that she saw him on the news when she got out, and remembered him from when she was in there with him.

Did any of my fellow 24 fanatics recognize Dave? He was a weasely Amnesty Int. lawyer from Day 4, who was called in by Marwan's peeps to protect the rights of the guy CTU found on a boat (whose rights Jack later disregarded when he broke his hand!).

I know that, but she's on the island now so she had to get out of the looney bin eventually. I was thinking that she saw him on the news when she got out, and remembered him from when she was in there with him.

But judging by the look she gave him at the end of the episode, i'd have to say she was already stalking him. I think there is more to it then just a simple stalking case though.

Interesting theory on the Lost boards.

Hurley was at a party when he went out on a deck and the deck collapsed killing 2 people. Locke could have been on that deck and became paralyzed after the fall.

That would be interesting since Locke worked for a box company, and Hurley owned one....

...maybe Hurley was throwing a party for his employees...???

...though if that were the case I think Locke would remember Hurley as being his boss...

Now you gonna make me have to wake my boy up so I can go back and watch it again NOW!

Y'all need to try and step back a bit and look for the big picture in this. There are so many red herrings swimming around this show it makes you forget that there has to be a ocean for 'em. I'm hooked on this too, I've always been one of those guys that sweats to figure out the real culprit before Holmes tells everyone in the parlour on the last page, so it is definitely bugging me. Gimme some ideas....

What IS the "Dharma Project"? What was its original purpose or intent?

There were an awful lot or resources poured into this island, why is it so decrepit? Is it because Dharma failed, or because it succeeded?

The show has to make you question what is "real", we've seen too many instances of someones thoughts becoming tangible (ie., Walt and the polar bear) Am I the only one questioning just how much of what we've seen is a result of the Dharma Project having its way with the rats in the maze? If so, is "Henry Gale" real, as in a flesh and blood human being?

Why did they make such a point of taking the children? Is there something to adults being predictable and manageable in what they can be led to believe, whereas childrens imaginations might just have dragons dancing in the surf or Santa Claus tooling around over the treetops, and screw up the whole thing?

Not a bad theory.... But that map that was on the hatch lockdown episode did state that the polar bear was part of a goal. In the corner it said ""stated goal: repatriation accelerated de-territorialization of ursus maritimus through gene therapy and extreme climate change". If you grab a dictionary and translate it to english to dumb it down you'll easily get...

repatriation -> restoration/restoring

accellerated -> quick/fast

de-territorialization -> removing from a territory (in this context it appears it means 'to put in an unnatural habitat')

ursus maritimus -> "the white bear of arctic regions"

gene therapy -> practice of genetics

After making sense of it I got...

Goal: Quickly removing the polar bear from its natural habitat to restore the polar bear. This will be done through gene therapy and extreme climate change (polar -> tropical).

But that, I believe, is just ONE of the many goals of the Dharma Initiative. I think its quite evident that Dharma is a research group with MANY experiments being studied and performed. Just like the polar bear is an experiment (map also mentions a "possible zoological research facility"), I believe that "Cerebus" is responsible for what you think are the hallucinations. That black cloud thing that Ecko just stared down could easily be responsible for halucinations that various people on the island have had.:geek:

also, i stumbled across an old episode of alias last night that had locke in it.

Archived