Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KFFL: Parcells didn't want T.O.

AzSkinsFan63

thought that might be the case myself....

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Cowboys | Sources say Parcells did not want Owens

Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:43:13 -0800

Gary Myers, of the New York Daily News, reports Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells was not in agreement with owner Jerry Jones about signing WR Terrell Owens, according to sources. Parcells was absent from the annual NFC coaches breakfast Wednesday, March 29, at the NFL spring meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

JJ's ego amazes me! Now why doesn't the press talk about how JJ has his hand on everything? Snyder pulls the trigger when his hired guns tell him who to acquire while JJ does what he wants with total disregard to his future HOF coach.

Where KFFL got this and what they reported on in full:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/403833p-342046c.html

Bill Parcells is a no-show again at the league meetings. Last week, the NFL announced all 32 coaches would be present. Parcells, about 90 minutes away at his home in Jupiter, Fla., decided not to make the trip. Well, gas prices are up. More likely, he didn't want to subject himself to Terrell Owens questions. Several people indicated this week that Parcells was not on the same page as Jerry Jones about signing Owens. Parcells didn't fight it, but this was not something he wanted to do, sources say. As far as how much longer Parcells plans to coach, this very well could be his final season, which is why he probably consented to dealing with T.O. . . .

Guest santana4prez

I want to hear what Parcells has to say on this , or is it the fact that he hasnt spoken yet mean he may be thinking about whether he wants to coach this season now that Jerry franged him.

I know Parcells signed a contract extension but maybe he is mulling his options? As a Redskin fan im one who wants him to stay Gibbs vs Parcells is classic.

The odds of Parcells stepping down are slim to none but it makes you wonder.

Waiting to hear from some puke fans on this matter. Many came here and defended Parcells when he wasn't at the news conference introducing TO.

Parcells not being at the PC had nothing to do with T.O.

Again, for those who dont know, Parcells has NEVER attended the PC of any Dallas signing since he has been here.

Not Key, not Bledsoe, not the 3 big signings last year.

And I'll reserve my opinion until I see who these "sources" are.

But more importantly, why dont we all wait until Parcells actually speaks on the matter himself.

Until then, its meaningless.

Why are you guys such blatent hypocrites? KFFL Reports something about T.O. and Parcells and everyone is eating it up. Yet if a credible publication says one thing you don't like about Danny or your skins and it's chaos on this board. I've never seen a group of people like this. I've never seen such a **** stepchild type attitude used as conviniently as it is on ES. I would really like to respect this board more. I really do try.

Parcells not being at the PC had nothing to do with T.O.

Again, for those who dont know, Parcells has NEVER attended the PC of any Dallas signing since he has been here.

Not Key, not Bledsoe, not the 3 big signings last year.

And I'll reserve my opinion until I see who these "sources" are.

But more importantly, why dont we all wait until Parcells actually speaks on the matter himself.

Until then, its meaningless.

Solid point about Parcells and the press conferences, I'm sure you're tired of having to keep bringing that up, that is a moot point in my opinion.

However, don't you think that the fact that Parcells has still yet to speak on this subject is a bit fishy? True, we have heard nothing from BP with which we can judge his feelings on TO, but I would argue that his silence is speaking louder than any words could right now. I won't jump to conclusions, but I do find it quite odd.

this is a redskins board. so chances are we will get mad when people talk **** and we will love things like this where we get to see bad news about our hated rivals.

thats life. if you don't like it, dont read this board.

No .. I feel you man but it's different when you look at this board as an outsider with a fresh set of eyes. The hypocracy and homerism is so blatant. Trust me, I'm a Cowboy fan who grew up in the D.C. metro so I'm used to Cowboys bashing. I have plenty of family and friends who are skins fans. I just think it's crazy that everyone takes this report at face value yet other reports about the skins are always BS. BP is not your average coach. He's not gonna have a million T.O. press confrences and parades for the guy. You'll see him discuss T.O. soon enough. It's not even April... and if T.O. is as bad as everyone here says he is, why is it even a big deal?

yeah i see your point too. i am not one of those who defends every article that bashes danny. personally, i think we overpaid for randle el and archuleta. i am not one who sides with every move the skins make. a lot of the things i do read about the skins are unfair in my opinion, like us finishing 3rd in the division this year. we went 5-1 last year in the east and we just upgraded our big weakness last year, the WR position.

i agree with you that some of the people go too far trying to defend every negative redskins article, but on a board with fanatics, that type of thing has to be expected.

Archived