Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KFFL: Parcells didn't want T.O.

AzSkinsFan63

I've never seen a group of people like this

http://www.dallascowboys.com/

http://www.theboys.com/home.asp

http://cowboys.scout.com/

If you allow for certain hereditary, environmental, and cultural variances, you'll find them at the above locations.

That said, kffl is rountinely discredited by many here, yet it makes sense to me that many here would also have fun playing with this report as hoping it was true. I will always point out, every time I see the farcical implication otherwise, that every "fan-type" behavior that goes on here, goes on in every other NFL message board.

Ours is just the best when viewed on an overall basis. :)

Why are you guys such blatent hypocrites? KFFL Reports something about T.O. and Parcells and everyone is eating it up. Yet if a credible publication says one thing you don't like about Danny or your skins and it's chaos on this board. I've never seen a group of people like this. I've never seen such a **** stepchild type attitude used as conviniently as it is on ES. I would really like to respect this board more. I really do try.

The problem is what is often said about Snyder maintains no relationship with what's actually happening. All the actions surrounding the T.O. signing are consistent with the owner/general manager making a move not directed by his coach. More, there's no slant in the KFFL report -- haven't seen the original. If this happened to be a Snyder story, there'd be a negative slant on Snyder.

As it is we still see reports of how Snyder is directing moves he's clearly not directing. There's the difference. Your owner actually DOES all the stupid things our owner gets charged with. Strange.

If you allow for certain hereditary, environmental, and cultural variances, you'll find them at the above locations.

O.K. Jumbo.. I get it. We're all on stage on the internet. It's just entertainment. :D But really in all seriousness, every fan base is slightly different and skins fans definitely seem to take pride in a "us against the world" mentality moreso than others. No harm intended. I fully realize I'm a guest. Carry on.... :cool:

This doesn't matter.

The fact remains:

TO is still the best wide receiver in the NFC East and the league. He will tear it up. Parcells won't give a **** if TO is scoring 16 TDs this year. Bank on it.

Another thing: Parcells is not Andy Reid. He will not let it escalate. If it does. TO will be sorry. Not Parcells.

Why are you guys such blatent hypocrites? KFFL Reports something about T.O. and Parcells and everyone is eating it up. Yet if a credible publication says one thing you don't like about Danny or your skins and it's chaos on this board. I've never seen a group of people like this. I've never seen such a **** stepchild type attitude used as conviniently as it is on ES. I would really like to respect this board more. I really do try.
Parcells not being at the PC had nothing to do with T.O.

Again, for those who dont know, Parcells has NEVER attended the PC of any Dallas signing since he has been here.

Not Key, not Bledsoe, not the 3 big signings last year.

And I'll reserve my opinion until I see who these "sources" are.

But more importantly, why dont we all wait until Parcells actually speaks on the matter himself.

Until then, its meaningless.

14-13

35-7

O.K. Jumbo.. I get it. We're all on stage on the internet. It's just entertainment. :D But really in all seriousness, every fan base is slightly different and skins fans definitely seem to take pride in a "us against the world" mentality moreso than others. No harm intended. I fully realize I'm a guest. Carry on.... :cool:

Yeah man, I was going to say, after that rant maybe you would like to realize that cowboy boards are exactly the same. It is really ridiculas to say that as if the cowboys boards arent exactly what you said.

The problem is what is often said about Snyder maintains no relationship with what's actually happening. All the actions surrounding the T.O. signing are consistent with the owner/general manager making a move not directed by his coach. More, there's no slant in the KFFL report -- haven't seen the original. If this happened to be a Snyder story, there'd be a negative slant on Snyder.

As it is we still see reports of how Snyder is directing moves he's clearly not directing. There's the difference. Your owner actually DOES all the stupid things our owner gets charged with. Strange.

Right Art but it's still all speculation. KFFL, you nor I don't know what's going on or what conversations the coaches have had with the players. We don't know how involved BP was with this decision or what's happening behind the scenes. We just watch, listen and read the media outlets at are disposal and draw our own conclusions. Snyder HAS made glaring mistakes during his tenure but I'll agree that he probably receives more blame than what's deserved. Jerry has made plenty of mistakes as well but this is all part of gambling to win. Jerry does stupid things like win 3 Super Bowls? I'll take it and agree that Snyder has not been that stupid. Probably never will be. :)

Yeah man, I was going to say, after that rant maybe you would like to realize that cowboy boards are exactly the same. It is really ridiculas to say that as if the cowboys boards arent exactly what you said.

Yeah we can be delusional homers as well but I'll tell you there's a stark contrast between Boys and Skins fans. My friends and I always talk about the differences in various fan bases and I'm convinced that there are real differences. This is not to say that one fan base is superior to another. I think skins and Boys fans are both passionate but there are differences. I've been witnessing it all my life.

Yeah we can be delusional homers as well but I'll tell you there's a stark contrast between Boys and Skins fans. My friends and I always talk about the differences in various fan bases and I'm convinced that there are real differences. This is not to say that one fan base is superior to another. I think skins and Boys fans are both passionate but there are differences. I've been witnessing it all my life.

Heh, yeah, like we have the better team. :D:silly:

I think the contrast is we each think the other is just stupid and really bias and cant see the truth. I can assure you that redskins fans think the exact same way about cowboys fans that you and your friends decided about us. Bias. :D

Guest santana4prez

I love your posts , you really believe in your team and that i can respect. You also seem very knowledgeable about your team and others. We have went back and forth a couple times and you had very good points for your opinions.

That said if you dont like someones posts do you have have to say all of that stuff above. I agree that I dont get along with some of my fellow Extremeskins Brothers but **** stepchild?

Im not saying you dont have a point about the differences on this board between TO/ Parcells and Snyder/Skins b/c you probably do in someways.

Some Redskin fans though arent homers or you like calling hypocrites. I have stated on more than 1 occasion that the Skins and Boys have the top 2 teams in the NFC.

All im saying is I understand your point but to say what you said about the site in general is too extreme even for Extremeskins.

thought that might be the case myself....

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Cowboys | Sources say Parcells did not want Owens

Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:43:13 -0800

Gary Myers, of the New York Daily News, reports Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells was not in agreement with owner Jerry Jones about signing WR Terrell Owens, according to sources. Parcells was absent from the annual NFC coaches breakfast Wednesday, March 29, at the NFL spring meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

not sure i believe that parcells would allow anyone on the team he truly didn't want..

If true, don't expect Parcells to end the season with the pukes...

now, i agree with that comment... this is likely parcells last season as coach.. why would he put up with garbage like that... i cannot believe that JJ would convince parcells to come back and then ram TO downhis throat..i think this is just people writing bad stuff about the cowboys. same way they do it about the skins.. and we don't like that do we ??

Where KFFL got this and what they reported on in full:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/403833p-342046c.html

Bill Parcells is a no-show again at the league meetings. Last week, the NFL announced all 32 coaches would be present. Parcells, about 90 minutes away at his home in Jupiter, Fla., decided not to make the trip. Well, gas prices are up. More likely, he didn't want to subject himself to Terrell Owens questions. Several people indicated this week that Parcells was not on the same page as Jerry Jones about signing Owens. Parcells didn't fight it, but this was not something he wanted to do, sources say. As far as how much longer Parcells plans to coach, this very well could be his final season, which is why he probably consented to dealing with T.O. . . .

that makes even less sense to me.. why torment yourself the final season ?

i cannot believe parcells feels that the cowboys were just 1 player away fromthe superbowl. why else would anyone even consider signing TO?

Parcells not being at the PC had nothing to do with T.O.

Again, for those who dont know, Parcells has NEVER attended the PC of any Dallas signing since he has been here.

Not Key, not Bledsoe, not the 3 big signings last year.

And I'll reserve my opinion until I see who these "sources" are.

But more importantly, why dont we all wait until Parcells actually speaks on the matter himself.

yup... i like your take on the matter completely

no.. see my comments on this matter... this is one redskin fan who doesn't like press hatchet jobs by lying writers. we do get so much of it, i don't wish it on anyone's team...

That said, kffl is rountinely discredited by many here, yet it makes sense to me that many here would also have fun playing with this report as hoping it was true. I will always point out, every time I see the farcical implication otherwise, that every "fan-type" behavior that goes on here, goes on in every other NFL message board.

Ours is just the best when viewed on an overall basis. :)

you know me and know that i am usually a fan of kffl... a lot of people put false postings and credit it to the site. still, i think when they announce a transaction or signing they are usually onthe money..

this is more nebulous and not the usual type of kffl riff. not sure what to make of it, but i wouldn't dis the site off hand just yet. let's see what parcells says eventually

Another thing: Parcells is not Andy Reid. He will not let it escalate. If it does. TO will be sorry. Not Parcells.

Parcells is actually a very good communicator. He gets a lot out of his players, and even though it seems like he's being a hardass to everyone at all times, he'll call Terry Glenn "she", and stroke LT's ego at the same time.

He has always given the impression that he is a pain in the ass to work for, but that you know exactly what he expects of you, and that he is fair. Whether that is actually the case, only players know.

What I do know is that Keyshawn, who is an egomaniac and a tool, absolutely loved playing for him.

I hope it blows up nuclear style, but this report? Not such a big deal yet.

If it's a problem, we'll get to see it unfold.

I love your posts , you really believe in your team and that i can respect. You also seem very knowledgeable about your team and others. We have went back and forth a couple times and you had very good points for your opinions.

That said if you dont like someones posts do you have have to say all of that stuff above. I agree that I dont get along with some of my fellow Extremeskins Brothers but **** stepchild?

Im not saying you dont have a point about the differences on this board between TO/ Parcells and Snyder/Skins b/c you probably do in someways.

Some Redskin fans though arent homers or you like calling hypocrites. I have stated on more than 1 occasion that the Skins and Boys have the top 2 teams in the NFC.

All im saying is I understand your point but to say what you said about the site in general is too extreme even for Extremeskins.

I sent you a PM. Just a little debate that's all.

When's the last time you heard of one of Parcell's players doing anything media-wise (rap song, book) that Parcells didn't like? Never, before TO.

TO is already on Parcell's shtlist...if he isn't, then Parcells isn't being Parcells.

Wow the media continues to see stories and get good blogs when it comes to TO I think if Parcells did not want TO he would not have had signed an extension with DALLAS if he REALLY did not want to coach with TO. So now I guess they will say Bledsoe and Terry Glenn did not want TO either.

As Jim Rome pointed out on his show yesterday, the next thing Parcells says about TO will be the first.

Come on, DallasFan, the biggest free agent signing of your whole offseason, and maybe the past few offseasons, and your Coach has still yet to comment publicly about it?

I get that he skips the press conferences. Ok. But he can't release a statement? Or tell one of his pals in the media informally he's ok with it? The silence speaks volumes, it would seem.

I'm not arguing it really matters one way or the other, because it probably doesn't. They'll do their jobs and whatever happens, happens. But to claim there's no reason to suspect Parcells was not very happy with this move is asinine. Maybe there's no fire, but plenty of smoke.

Solid point about Parcells and the press conferences, I'm sure you're tired of having to keep bringing that up, that is a moot point in my opinion.

However, don't you think that the fact that Parcells has still yet to speak on this subject is a bit fishy? True, we have heard nothing from BP with which we can judge his feelings on TO, but I would argue that his silence is speaking louder than any words could right now. I won't jump to conclusions, but I do find it quite odd.

Still waiting for the lurking Cowboy fans to respond to this post.

Archived