Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Redskins "Weakest" Position / Unit

Om

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Mark Brunell is old and didn't finish last season on a strong note. We don't know what we have in Campbell.

John Hall is a good kicker when healthy. But will he be?

Both are unknowns at this point, but I'll say that our season is much more dependent on having a strong showing from our QBs than it is our kicking game. So that's the position I'm more concerned about.

Both playoff games would have been different with a QB who can get the ball to the receivers. And we should have easily won both considering how close they were. Luckily 0 offense was enough against the Bucs but its hard to pull off 2 weeks in a row on the road in January.

I agree with linebacker. Currently completely missing a starter here. Unknown and/or unproven players as backups.

I know the coaching staff has done an excellent job recognizing and preparing Pierce and Marshall in the last two years, but that doesn't guarantee that they have another one like that for a third year in a row.

Regardless, I'm sure they have a thorough plan.

Gotta go with the QB. Brunnell was good at the beginning of last year, but boy did he suck during the playoff games. Maybe it was our offense as a whole, but he sure seemed 'off' to me. I think JC will be good, just hoping he gets the go-ahead for this year. Start him now, keep him in and let him learn. We don't need another ramsey on our hands where the kid is stuck learning a new offense every year.

I've got to essentially agree here. We might be more uncertain at wlb, for instance, but that uncertainty is not near as dangerous as the problem at QB, where we are just flat out unsound. We simply don't know what Campbell brings to the table, inspite of irrational hope to the contrary, and Brunell's almost certain not to last. Please don't mention Collins to me. What a waste of a roster spot and cash.

I said OL because we need some depth... i'm surprised at the number of people that picked QB

doesn't anyone trust brunell? or in the event of an injury... trust Campbell??

or Gibbs (praise be to him:laugh::laugh:)

i'm a brunell fan though... I guess i'm biased?

I'm surprised at the # of people who voted QB. Brunell had a solid season. Though he definitely dropped off after that shot he took in the Giants game. I hang that on the O-line. Keeping Portis healthy is a bigger concern.

If Saunders brings in all of that short stuff, (slants, quick hits to the TE's, RB's, etc), I believe that plays into Brunell's strengths.

Oh yeah....I voted Special Teams and kicking.

I am stunned at the number of people here who are voting for positions where we have proven starters, maybe not superstars but at least starters. Not to mention the number of people who are voting for QB where we have a guy who was nearly a Pro Bowl selection and got votes for comeback player of the year. All while we have NO legit starter at WLB. Stunning.

I am stunned at the number of people here who are voting for positions where we have proven starters, maybe not superstars but at least starters. Not to mention the number of people who are voting for QB where we have a guy who was nearly a Pro Bowl selection and got votes for comeback player of the year. All while we have NO legit starter at WLB. Stunning.

I hear you man. Sometimes I think our fans just don't like starting QBs. The back up is always better than the starter around here. Jeez, it's not like there aren't at least 20 teams worse off at the QB position and our o-line, RB, WRs, and TEs are better than most teams. Put those two together and Brunell's looking pretty good. I just can't wait to hear the crickets when Brunell comes out playing like gangbusters next year. I don't think anyone can argue that Brunell has more talent and better coaching around him right now than he's ever had in his career. For a smart QB like him, with our system and o-line, I have all the confidence in the world in Mark. I can't wait to see how he's going to do with all these new weapons. It's going to be fun.

Right now I believe that it is LB, cause currently we only have 2 starters there. Not that the two that we have aren't awesome, cause they are, but because of the hole that LaVar left. Hopefully McCune can step up and gain that starting job with some big hits. He use to be a big time hitter when he was at Louisville.:logo:

Right now I believe that it is LB, cause currently we only have 2 starters there. Not that the two that we have aren't awesome, cause they are, but because of the hole that LaVar left. Hopefully McCune can step up and gain that starting job with some big hits. He use to be a big time hitter when he was at Louisville.:logo:

Knowing GW's history with LBs I think it's safe to assume if nobody is signed (at least no starters, anyways) then he's confident with one of the guys we have. McCune a physical monster, he's a smart mature guy and I'd love to see him take over the position. No matter what, though, I think GW will have solid LB core playing. He always does.

Given yesterday's annouced signings of Pucillo and Walter, OL now looks to be in decent shape, tho I feel they still should add another tackle with some experience.

LB and kicking game should be next priorities, tho LB will likely be our 2nd round pick in draft.

I voted linebacker. Marcus Washington is a stud, Lemar Marshall was solid last season, but we have a huge hole at WLB. Holdman is not the answer, and I don't think anyone we currently have is good enough to fill the void. Maybe we'll fill that need with the second round pick.

I'm going to go with ST. Our punt returns were atrocious, although ARE should be changing that for us but we still have yet to see if anyone can block for him. John Hall is an excellent kicker IF he can stay healthy. Our coaches seem to think something he was doing in the offseason was causing his injuries and are changing his regime this year which should help. Also Frost is just no good at all. He took some strides in improving but he still has a lot to prove to be a starter in this league. Our coverages were great all around though so I'm pretty pumped about our Teams this year.

I choose special teams. Our kicking game is horrendous. John Hall can't stay healthy and Derrick Frost just sucks. He shanks kicks frequently and just doesn't seem to have a strong enough leg to be an NFL punter. I'm also concerned about out LB situation but at least we have some young, althoug unproven, guys that may surprise us. Gibbs says we aren't going for a kicker and punter. So basically we are stuck with Hall and Frost. I'm sure we will resolve our CB and LB issues. The kicking game isn't a problem according to the coaching staff...so thats why its my number one worry.

Archived