Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barry Bonds hits a HR, and hitting .700 in Spring Training

boobiemiles

I don't hate Bonds at all. So not everyone hates him.

Until I see managers and trainers kicked out of baseball I'm simply not interested in their witch hunt for players. Baseball allowed steroid abuse and trainers, who make a great deal of money to check health of athletes, had have known about it the entire time. Managers knew it. The league knew it. Clean them out of baseball first - then we'll talk about the players.

someone's a hater...

barry bonds isnt a dick at all, he doesnt enjoy people questioning his legitimacy and calling him a cheater, i think we'd all act the same way if we were in his shoes. and if u are gonna argue against him hitting .700, what about all of the other mlb superstars in spring training, they are seeing the same pitchers for the most part, but nobody else is doing what bonds is doing.

I remember an SI cover back in 1993/1994. The cover story said "I'm Barry Bonds, and You're not" I don't remember a lot of the information I consumed during my high school years, but I remember that whole article, and began to form my opinon. He's a little too full of himself for my tastes.

As for the Spring training stats, I wouldn't know the first place to find them. But if Albert Pujols is only hitting .434, I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Bonds is treated the way he is partially because he's black. You cant say that Big Mac would be treated the same way. They were two different people, two completly different personalities. The media and fans nationally loved big mac

The Andro was a HUGE story in 1998. Mac was miserable with the media too, until his agent convinced him to loosen up. And the only reason he loosened up, was because Sosa was on his tail. America loved the Dominican "Beisbol has been very, very good to me" much more than they loved the white boy. And that's a fact.

MLB was happy to have McGwire hit 70 when they wanted fans back in the seats. Now they say they want to chastise that era to keep fans in the seats. It's all double talk, but it leads back to one thing. Barry is not what MLB wants for whatever reason. The media should not judge if your a good person, you actions should in my opinion.

I didn't need the media to tell me that Barry Bonds was a dick. Barry has spent 15 years doing a fine job of it.

People just hate on Bonds, so i feel that i have to back him up. Why dont you talk about Gary Sheffield, Raffy, I bet you Tejada was on the roids! Every high or even low profile players was juicing! The Mlb was allowing it to go down. They were still playing within the rules. MLB knew what was going on but they just let the players slide and now they dont want any of the blame. The blame should start at Selig and then works its way down

I don't blame Bonds for anything. You won't find a single post I've made blaming Bonds at all. I'm a baseball fan, first & foremost. When Bonds is sitting at 715, I'm going to watch to see home run # 716, because it's something I never thought I would see.

As for the others you mentioned, Raffy pretty much got ran out of the league. I'm interested to see where this Sheffield thing is going to end up.....

People just hate on Bonds, so i feel that i have to back him up. Why dont you talk about Gary Sheffield, Raffy, I bet you Tejada was on the roids! Every high or even low profile players was juicing! The Mlb was allowing it to go down. They were still playing within the rules. MLB knew what was going on but they just let the players slide and now they dont want any of the blame. The blame should start at Selig and then works its way down

Two words for you - Derek Jeter.

Guest sith lord

I too believe a lot of this witch hunt for Barry Bonds is racially motivated. And as for the McGwire and andro story of 98? please. The media didn't go after him near as bad as they're going after Bonds.

If you really believe it's racially motivated, you're killing your case by admitting that people like Sheff, Tejada, etc.

Listen, Sosa and Bonds are both cheaters. Sosa was likeable and Bonds is not. It's about as simple as that to me.

I too believe a lot of this witch hunt for Barry Bonds is racially motivated. And as for the McGwire and andro story of 98? please. The media didn't go after him near as bad as they're going after Bonds.

No, it has little to do with race. It has everything to do with his relationship with the media.

I too believe a lot of this witch hunt for Barry Bonds is racially motivated.

In other news, water is wet.

Seriously though, if Bonds weren't such a jerk, I don't think the issue would be as large as it is. If you think the issue is racially motivated, then ask yourself this question, if it were Ken Griffrey Jr. or Bernie Williams, would the issue be so huge? No. Of course not.

The only reason it's an issue is because Bonds (and sheffield) are Grade A jerks.

Guest sith lord
In other news, water is wet.

Seriously though, if Bonds weren't such a jerk, I don't think the issue would be as large as it is. If you think the issue is racially motivated, then ask yourself this question, if it were Ken Griffrey Jr. or Bernie Williams, would the issue be so huge? No. Of course not.

The only reason it's an issue is because Bonds (and sheffield) are Grade A jerks.

What makes Bonds such a jerk?

Guest sith lord
It's pretty well known that Bonds isn't a good guy. Forget the media part of it, he isn't liked in the locker room or by his peers.

Great baseball player, none the less.

Not true. From what I hear, he's a good teammate. And anytime I see another player talking about Bonds, they say nothing but good things about him. This whole "Bonds is a jerk" thing is media driven.

It's pretty well known that Bonds isn't a good guy. Forget the media part of it, he isn't liked in the locker room or by his peers.

Great baseball player, none the less.

You so sure about that? The Giants have had one, ONE, players speak out about his dislike of Bonds.

Jeff Kent.

Bonds has a lot of friends on the team (or that used to be on the team). However, the Rick Reilly's of the world will always turn a blind eye to that to futher their portrayal of Bonds as a lockerroom cancer.

Bonds is no different than any other superstar (they all expect and get differential treatment from management). Other teammates see that and don't care - because they know they would be getting the lazyboy at the locker if they could do what he does.

Guest sith lord
What makes anyone a jerk? Mostly is the self-centered conduct. He balked at questions about steroids as if they were a non-issue.

Well then 90% of all pro ahtletes are jerks because most of them are self-centered. Bonds just isn't a phony like others.

Four words for you - probably was juicing too.

Seriously? The guy weighs about a 200lbs soaking wet, hasn't put on a lot of weight during his career and his numbers never exploded. He has a great work ethic and i've NEVER heard anybody even remotely link him to roids.

By the way - look at Bonds when he came up (pre-juice) he was build almost exactly like Jeter.

What makes Bonds such a jerk?

I have this ****s rookie cards. Four of them. In the future I plan on giving my collection to my three children. A good collection of many players.

So tell me this. In fifteen years when I give them my collection what do I tell them about Barry Bonds?

He was

1) A cheater.

2) A liar.

3) A bad person.

4) All of the above.

The bottom line here is Bonds will be remembered for on thing. Drug use.

Cream and the clear.

His homerun record is a sham. And to me I do not need to call Barry by his name anymore. All I need to say is Mr. Asterisk and any baseball fan will know who I am talking about.

Bonds can go to hell with his millions. He got what he wanted. Fame and fortune. I have a hard time feeling sorry for a multimillionaire. PERIOD.

Guest sith lord
I have this ****s rookie cards. Four of them. In the future I plan on giving my collection to my three children. A good collection of many players.

So tell me this. In fifteen years when I give them my collection what do I tell them about Barry Bonds?

He was

1) A cheater.

2) A liar.

3) A bad person.

4) All of the above.

Cream and the clear.

His homerun record is a sham. And to me I do not need to call Barry by his name anymore. All I need to say is Mr. Asterisk and any baseball fan will know who I am talking about.

Bonds can go to hell with his millions. He got what he wanted. Fame and fortune. I have a hard time feeling sorry for a multimillionaire. PERIOD.

You still can't answer the question of "why is Bonds such a jerk?" And "he's a bad person" is not an answer.

Bonds is treated the way he is partially because he's black. You cant say that Big Mac would be treated the same way. They were two different people, two completly different personalities. The media and fans nationally loved big mac

So in your post, you acknowledge that they are 2 different people, yet you still claim that Bonds, even though he is a total ass, is treated the way he is becaue he is black?

Even though for days after Mcguire's appearance in Washington, he was blasted and roasted by the media and fans.

Bonds is hated because he is a jack ass, not because he's black AND he's hated because he's going after Hank Aaron's record, which is one of THE most important and relevant records in sports.

Hank Aaron has a problem with Bonds as well... I guess that's cause Bonds is black too... :doh: :doh:

For those of you asking what makes him a jerk. Just listen to his former team mates. Look up the sports illustrated article, I know I posted here on this site last year. Read it. If Bond's own team mates hate him, that should tell you something.

He was

1) A cheater.

2) A liar.

3) A bad person.

4) All of the above.

Cream and the clear.

Wow, I haven't seen this kind of hatred from PSizzle since his last Mussina thread!

Guest sith lord
Seriously? The guy weighs about a 200lbs soaking wet, hasn't put on a lot of weight during his career and his numbers never exploted. He has a great work ethic and i've NEVER heard anybody even remotely link him to roids.

By the way - look at Bonds when he came up (pre-juice) he was build almost exactly like Jeter.

Even though I don't believe Jeter to be on steroids, someones size is one of the biggest misconceptions of steroid use.

Archived