Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Pierce – “real Giant”.

Mark

In today’s New York Post there is the article about how Antonio Pierce lobbying hard to for Giant to sign LaVar.

There is curious quote from Pierce: “"He sees this organization is not the same as the Redskins. It's not the entertainment and marketing side of it, it's all about football”. If memory serves me correctly when Pierce become free agent he insisted that he wants to be a Redskins. So, did he wanted to be a part of organization which is all about “entertainment and marketing” and no football side then. Or he was just saying this to see if he can get a better deal with Redskins.

And now, does he simply throws some dirt at Redskins to get some popularity with his new fan base (successfully I may add)?

So did he lies them of he lies know? In either case it speaks something about he’s integrity, doesn't it.

Here the link for the mentioned article:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/61326.htm

It is really a sad thing that he has decided to trash the organization that got him where he is. Without the chance that GW gave him he would not be where he was. ANd then to turn around and say we are not about football? Thats just low and tells you a lot about the guy. He is not one of those character guys that Gibbs wants around anyway. He is a good player, but as I said before, good riddence to someone like that. Not wanted. We will beat them this year to make up for his comments. Then we will see which organization is more about football.

You think it might just be possible that JG et al saw some of this in Pierce, and that's why he is in NY now? Not saying it's so, just that it is interesting. There was a lot of griping when AP left, perhaps those coaches do know what they're doing?

You think it might just be possible that JG et al saw some of this in Pierce, and that's why he is in NY now? Not saying it's so, just that it is interesting. There was a lot of griping when AP left, perhaps those coaches do know what they're doing?

After reading that article, I was about to post the same thing as you, I will add some more to it though.

Its funny just about every time Joe Gibbs & Co. make a decision on a player and "let him go" to another team, he is criticized. AP had one very good year in DC and then he decided he wanted more money.

Fred Smoot was loved on the football field and loved even more off the football field. He, also, was let go over money. Though, he is a good corner, there is no way his skill can see eye to eye with Springs. He wanted Springs money and he just wasn't worth it.

I could go on about Bailey and even Ryan Clark being let go and those moves being criticized. I am sure there were more during Joe Gibbs' first time in DC but, I am too young to know the details about those things so, I will not pretend that I do.

Now, more things are coming out about these guys that we let go and it looks like every one of those moves were right. Whether Joe Gibbs can predict the future and sees that these players will not be True Redskins in the coming seasons, or even if he is just guessing and pulling these choices out of his ***, no one truly knows! To be honest I do not care if it is the former or the latter. He knows his football, and he knows his Redskins.:2cents:

Does anybody else feel that this shmuck does nothing but talk smack now...living in the NY/NJ Metro area I see and read everything he says in the papers...here are a few things he said about the skins and how he bad mouths us..also how he's trying to get Lavar to play for the giants..

Antonio Pierce Still Lobbying for LaVar Arrington: MLB Antonio Pierce made his thoughts officially public yesterday on unrestricted free agent LB LaVar Arrington, who visited the Giants near the start of free agency and who has yet to sign with another team. "I feel that we need another player here that brings the attitude (and) the mentality this defense back in the '80s and even back in the '50s and the '60s had - that aggressive, nasty mentality," said Pierce. "I know he's that kind of player."

"This organization's not the same as the Redskins," Pierce said. "It's not (about) the entertainment and the marketing side of it. It's all about football. It's about winning, and it's a family atmosphere around here. He's not going to wake up tomorrow and the whole staff and everybody in this organization is going to be gone. I think he felt good about that. And it's a fit (because) he gets to play Washington twice a year. That's all I had to tell him and he got excited about that."

"He's not the LaVar Arrington that was up on a pedestal, as you would say, everybody kind of patting him on the back," said Pierce. "This is a guy who's getting beat down to the ground. He's got a big chip on his shoulder. He reminds me of me a little."

In Washington, Arrington was criticized for freelancing too much, being benched at one point last year. "Sometimes a player tries to make a play that goes far beyond the system, and he looks bad when he doesn't make it," Pierce said. "With LaVar being hurt, he wasn't capable of making those plays. But when he visited up here, it looked like he lost about 15 pounds and went back to his Pro Bowl weight...A player tries to make plays, and he's going to make mistakes. But LaVar's even talked about studying more, which he probably hasn't done in the past."

According to The Daily News, Arrington is seeking a contract that would pay him $5 million per season and include $15 million in guaranteed money. The paper says that price is too high for the Giants. "I know he really likes New York and I think he sees it as the best fit for him," Pierce said. "But there's also the business side of it. I know he still feels like he's one of the elite linebackers when healthy. So I think he wants to get paid that way."

The market for Arrington may have been set yesterday when unrestricted free agent LB Julian Peterson agreed to terms with the Seahawks. The deal is reportedly a 7-year, $54 million contract that includes $18.5 million in guaranteed money. "I would love to have a player of LaVar Arrington's athletic ability, but only if it would be best for the team," said OC Shaun O'Hara. "You hate for people to sign guys just so they could have a big name and say 'Look who we got.'"

www.bigblueinteractive.com It's on the front page

It's about winning, and it's a family atmosphere around here. He's not going to wake up tomorrow and the whole staff and everybody in this organization is going to be gone. I think he felt good about that. And it's a fit (because) he gets to play Washington twice a year. That's all I had to tell him and he got excited about that."

That's funny. The whole staff and everybody in the organization is gone? Really, Antonio? Gregg Williams, Joe Gibbs, and all the position coaches save Musgrave are still here, last I checked.

Also, as far as winning goes... it's hard to win when you score 0 points at home in the playoffs :D

This is only part of what he says, if I posted everytime he made a comment about the skins id have over 600,000 posts by now at least once a week wether it's the NY Post, NY Daily News, or any other news paper in this area all he does is talk sh!!t....

"This organization's not the same as the Redskins," Pierce said. "It's not (about) the entertainment and the marketing side of it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HA.

Somebody remind Antonio he plays in NYC. The FO there does want to bring him in because, well, they're NY. They have a glitz addiction to feed. But the coaches dont want Arrington because of how he plays. So much for the perfect "all about football"/family-oriented orgy he portrays the G-men as. Sounds like a family feud to me.

I was thinking the same thing.

Of the two (Smoot and Pierce), I was more sorry to see Pierce leave.

However, the more I read comments from him now, the more I see why, besides some 'high road' statements the coaches gave like about what a good player he is and sorry to see him go, they didn't seem all that heart broken about his departure.

Maybe we are seeing some character flaw in Pierce now that they had noticed earlier?

With braindead comments like "Washington is about entertainment, not football" it's no wonder we didn't resign Pierce. What a first class a-hole. i had respect for him up until now. I guess it's this babyish attitude that made us not resign him. Really, if we wanted to, we could have found a way to keep him. Pierce could have easily played the role of rival by saying, we want LA so we can take it to the Skins. that would have been funny to me, but also reasonable as he w/ a rival now. Instead he spouts off at the mouth, sounding like a pompous jerk who really doesn't know what he is talking about. Good job leading your D to the #25 spot last season Pierce. :doh:

I was thinking the same thing.

Of the two (Smoot and Pierce), I was more sorry to see Pierce leave.

However, the more I read comments from him now, the more I see why, besides some 'high road' statements the coaches gave like about what a good player he is and sorry to see him go, they didn't seem all that heart broken about his departure.

Maybe we are seeing some character flaw in Pierce now that they had noticed earlier?

It could also have to do with Gregg Williams being able to get quality play out of the supporting LB positions with people on our roster. Marcus Washington is our star, he's solid and spectacular at the same time (not one or the other).

Next to him, we've been able to plug in Pierce, Holdman, Marshall, Arrington, etc. and not miss a beat. Maybe the coaches have identified this and are OK with allowing players to leave via free agency when they're asking for too much.

Archived