Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Tailgate: Memories

pez

Extremeskins helps bring all of us skins fans together in a way I haven't seen on any other message board I have participated in. A group of the members on this board decided to take it a step further last year, and helped pull together the "Unofficial" ES Tailgate, and created something very special. I now can't even imagine the possibility of going to a home redskins game and not participating in this festival!

If you can, I would like everyone who went to even 1 single tailgate, to take a moment, and post your favorite moment/memory of your experience at the ES Tailgate....

Thanks and HTTR! :cheers:

I have a few that come to mind.

1. The eagle tailgate. I had been to many eagles games at fedex. To be honest the eagles fans were becoming to much to take. That evening we took back our stadium. And the team took a win. It was great. And the thing I remember the most about that night is MissU going crazy on the eagles fans. Good Times.

2. The game Tarhog brought his son and Art was there. I look around and here goes Art with Tarthogs' son chasing an opposing fan. Art was taking him and teaching him how to heckle properly for the first time. Brought a tear to my eye.

3. Bugs' getting ejected and meeting up with the parking lot orphans.

4. Raubs showing up a day after surgery in a wheelchair to see the game.

5. Halter scouring the parking lot for leftover food after the game.

6. After the Cowboys game, Raub with his little broom sweeping all the boys fans as they went past.

Man its hard to limit it to a few. There are so many memories from those games. I'll post some more later as they come to me.

The Iggles Sunday night game.

Arriving on Arena Drive about 7 hours before kick-off....which is VERY early for the 4C crew. It was the first time we set up Chappelle's Bar, the gauntlet that was created for the Iggles fan coming down "tailgate row", the crazy amount of shots/shooters consumed by everyone, the crazy canandians, the victory, Halter eating chicken off an abandoned grill, the death of Lady Sapperton I...all in one day/night. :cool:

The Eagles Tailgate reminded me of the end of Apocalypse Now. You weren't sure what was going on or who was going to get killed. There was smoke every where, loud music blaring and an extraordinary level of drunkeness.

It was uncanny--and almost a little frightening. But thrilling at the same time.

The Eagles Tailgate reminded me of the end of Apocalypse Now. You weren't sure what was going on or who was going to get killed. There was smoke every where, loud music blaring and in extraordinary level of drunkeness.

It was uncanny--and almost a little frightening. But thrilling at the same time.

awesome description...there was a definite "edge" to the tailgate crowd that evening. It was wild...hard for me to describe...but your description is excellent.

:notworthy

Oh man, where do I begin. The booze, the food, the harrassment of opposing fans. The Eagles game was the best tailgate by far and it was morning/day/night/morning RJ. :D

But, a few moments really stood out like Huly expressing her true love for me at the Chargers game and literally running up to me and jumping up in my arms and giving me a good ole southern girl hug. :D

There was also the Chargers game where Blondie sat with me and my boys and scratched my back the whole time with those nice long nails. ;)

I'm sure I didn't make any fellows upset with those comments. ;) :laugh:

Another moment sticks in my mind, but my wife would kill me, so.... :D

I loved meeting EVERYONE and I look forward to seeing our friendships grow over the years. :cheers:

PS - Thanks HOF, that is one of my best memories too :cheers:

When Art did that I was equal parts shocked/appalled and proud. Art's the uncle that every kid needs, but every non-related-to-Art parent resents. In like a skinnier, but crasser Uncle Buck sort of way.

Wow! There are way too many memories to post!

I think my favorite is meeting all of the ES members. I have so many true friends now it is amazing to me sill. There might be a small tailgate reminder at the offseason party including past own3ge. Every time I look through the pictures from the tailgate, I laugh, smile and cry. All are very fond memories. I miss y'all!

I think my favorite moment was watching Blade cut loose and play Beer Pong! :laugh:

wow. SO many memories from last season.

1) 9ers game- KingGibbs and Dr. Tonka taking me under their wing and letting me sit with them while we kicked some 9ers booty 52-17!!

meking2.jpg

2) That Eagles game of course (thanks for the shout out, HOF!)... long day of tailgating, belligerence towards eagles fans, beer pong, and falling asleep in the LAST row at fedex like 10 times during the game.... and then getting home at 2am only to wake up at 6 to make it to about 8 parent/teacher conferences at 7am

iggles.jpg

3) KevinB falling asleep in the car during one of the games....the day he got pwned...that was a fabulous day.

IMG_0013.jpg

4) All the games I went to with Michelle... she is my redskins homegirl!!!

IMG_0161.jpg

5) Chappelle's bar and him letting me make my own drinks...especially blue hawaiians...and then playing beer pong with them!

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

6) Skinsfan44 and his delicious shrimp!!!

7) All the cool stuff Huly brought and Pez's wings!

8) Halter and the pinatas!

halter.jpg

9) Bill :)

IMG_0163.jpg

10) Santa!

IMG_0145.jpg

11) My Eli Deez! hat for the giants game

17541722.jpg

12) The delicious fooooood (this picture courtesy of Ron Jeremy)

IMG_0138.jpg

13) All the awesome people!!!

Can't wait for next season!!!! :)

All the massive amounts of own3ge, was there anything else going on?

logo_744519.jpg

newOWN3d.jpg

100_0466.jpg

100_0423.jpg

logo_745844.jpg

100_1183.jpg

100_0472.jpg

100_0932.jpg

100_0934.jpg

100_0933.jpg

100_0956.jpg

100_1172.jpg

damn there is just too much to get to

If i had to pick one memory it would have to be....................hmmmmmm

here ya go this is it......

100_0315_00.jpg

The Death and Resurrection of Lady Sapperton 1

we lost both home games that Lady Sapperton 2 was at....then we brought back Lady Sapperton 1, and we made the playoff run!!!!

1) 9ers game- KingGibbs and Dr. Tonka taking me under their wing and letting me sit with them while we kicked some 9ers booty 52-17!!

Be still my heart. :silly: That was so much fun Robin and even though Dr.T only met you that day he occasionaly ask "How's Robin?" I loved sitting with you. :)

Archived