Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Wars series to run and run

Sarge

Yeah that's what I thought. Luke supposedly teaches them. And one goes to the Dark side.

It's been awhile. I don't remember one of them going to the dark side, but I remember one of them letting the other die some how. Then the other eventually dies doing something with Luke.. The EU is a blur.

if you read the novels and don't want a spoiler,

STOP

leia and han have 3 kids

twins: jacen and jaina

a younger son: anakin

jaina flirts w/ the darkside, but doesn't go

anakin gets killed

don't know what happens in the dark nest iii, which is the last book chronologically, as of right now. just started reading it.

It's been awhile. I don't remember one of them going to the dark side, but I remember one of them letting the other die some how. Then the other eventually dies doing something with Luke.. The EU is a blur.

In the EU books Anakin dies while on a search and destroy mission

fighting the invading aliens. I think they were trying to destroy the

Jedi hunting monsters. Thier sister almost goes to the dark side

because of his death and Jacen basically give up being a Jedi for

a while.

if you read the novels and don't want a spoil

don't know what happens in the dark nest iii, which is the last book chronologically, as of right now. just started reading it.

I thought this was one of the worst star wars book series ever.

Do you personally know him? How can you say that about anyone without knowing them? Maybe he is, who knows? Probably not you.

:ot:

Uhh I do know him, smart guy - I worked on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. Know people that still work with him. Still slime.

Its so easy to slander someone anonymously over the internet. I'm fed up with it.:mad: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

You mean like you just "slandered" me without knowing what you were talking about? :laugh:

Guest sith lord
OK, so Luke thought he was an ordinary person until Ben shows up. . . so they are going to expand 20 years of an uneventful and boring childhood of a kid who doesn't know he even has the force :rolleyes: And people think Who Del is the whore :laugh:

No, the series will likely focus on lesser characters, including Boba Fett. I'm actually pretty excited about this because I heard that Ewan McGregor, who played Obi-Wan, Frank Oz, who was the voice of Yoda and Ian McDiarmid, who played Palpatine/Sidious has all said they would be willing to make some appearances.

I'm actually pretty excited about this because I heard that Ewan McGregor, who played Obi-Wan, Frank Oz, who was the voice of Yoda and Ian McDiarmid, who played Palpatine/Sidious has all said they would be willing to make some appearances.

That will be cool... :cheers::cheers:

In the EU books Anakin dies while on a search and destroy mission

fighting the invading aliens. I think they were trying to destroy the

Jedi hunting monsters. Thier sister almost goes to the dark side

because of his death and Jacen basically give up being a Jedi for

a while.

Yep I love to read my mind is so busy I don't retain anything except tech docs =(

I'm shocked of the news of Lucas doing that Red Tails film....been a long time since he did anything but starwars...at least director wise.
Yeah, hopefully it will have the drama of Tuskegee Airman and Memphis Belle mixed with the grittiness and realism of Saving Private Ryan.

I'm shocked of the news of Lucas doing that Red Tails film....been a long time since he did anything but starwars...at least director wise.

That is why he is doing it. He did all of the Star Wars films for

money. Now he can make the films that he really wants to

without having to worry about making a profit.

That is why he is doing it. He did all of the Star Wars films for

money. Now he can make the films that he really wants to

without having to worry about making a profit.

Considering that Lucas made the SW films with his own money, I wouldn't say that he only made them for the money.

People forget that while there is alot of SW stuff out there, he could have done so much more if it was only about the money. Hell, he waited over 20 years for technology to get to where it was so he could create the Prequels.

There are some things I would like to see out of this story, such as:

- Were all the jedi killed in ep 3 or do they go out and hunt whatever is remaining?

Some of that is already covered in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. Not to spoil that, but yes some Jedi do make it out of EP3 alive...

Considering that Lucas made the SW films with his own money, I wouldn't say that he only made them for the money.

People forget that while there is alot of SW stuff out there, he could have done so much more if it was only about the money. Hell, he waited over 20 years for technology to get to where it was so he could create the Prequels.

No offense but he has merchandised the behind off star wars

and made billions as a result of it. There is so much star wars stuff

out there that it is sickening. He has actually said in interviews

that star wars provided him the means to be able to afford to make

the movies that he really wanted too. Now does that mean he does

not like SW? No, just that it was not his first choice.

Why wouldn't he use his own money? All the profits go to him

as well. That is how he got so rich....

No offense but he has merchandised the behind off star wars

and made billions as a result of it. There is so much star wars stuff

out there that it is sickening. He has actually said in interviews

that star wars provided him the means to be able to afford to make

the movies that he really wanted too. Now does that mean he does

not like SW? No, just that it was not his first choice.

Why wouldn't he use his own money? All the profits go to him

as well. That is how he got so rich....

I think I may have mis understood the intent of your original post.

I don't think Lucas set out to create SW, knowing that it would be a huge hit, just so he could do other things later.

I also think that there is a huge demand for anything SW and that's why there is so much available.

If Lucas really wanted to make money, think about all the things he could do:

Release a new set of DVD's that feature the unaltered originals. There are many of us that wish he would, but if he does, what do you think will happen? People will accuse him of just trying to make money.

He could release all the cut scenes, he could release a completely different edit of the movie etc...

Some of that is already covered in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. Not to spoil that, but yes some Jedi do make it out of EP3 alive...

That book was more of a tease then any book I've ever read. It was more of a lead in to another trilogoy. Definately alot more to that story.

That book was more of a tease then any book I've ever read. It was more of a lead in to another trilogoy. Definately alot more to that story.

I'm sure you're right TK...but there are a few nice touches in it I appreciated. Among them the fact they insinuate that some of the Jedi become engineers within the Empire to foil plans, obviously alluding to the Death Star.

So in other words they're going to take the worst parts of the first movie (whiny Luke backstory) and spread them out into an entire series?

Why don't they just call it Little Farm On Tattoine?

LOL

We will also see Darth Vader hunting down and killing off surviving Jedi.

Archived