Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Wars series to run and run

Sarge

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4808746.stm

Star Wars series to run and run

The TV series spin-off of the Stars Wars film franchise will run to at least 100 episodes, according to producer Rick McCallum.

He told BBC Radio 1 the writing team would soon be meeting to start on the project, which would begin filming in 2008 and be ready the same year.

"Hopefully if we can make it work and everybody's excited and watches it we will keep on going," said McCallum.

The series will be set between episodes three and four of the film saga.

It would cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers.

McCallum said there would be "a whole bunch of new characters" and the series would be "much more dramatic and darker".

Huge franchise

He added that it was unlikely any of the stars of the movies would be involved in the TV series.

Star Wars creator George Lucas has just completed writing the script for the next Indiana Jones film and will then begin work on Red Tails, about African-American pilots in World War II.

Following completion of that film, work will begin on the Star Wars TV series.

There has already been a Star Wars series spin-off in the shape of the animated Clone Wars, which began as three-minute episodes before they were expanded to 30-minute shows.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, released in 2005, marked the end of the end of the Star Wars saga on the big screen.

It became the biggest film franchise in history, with the final film alone taking £500m at the box office outside of the US.

It would cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers.

Why am I scared Lucas is going to rehash the old Adventures of Young Indiana Jones show?

The only (slightly) interesting think I can think of him doing would be racing, which he was doing some of in the radio show, wasn't he?

I mean are they going to have an entire episode on how Aunt Beru gets her stew looking so blue?

Or do we get to see an exciting three episode story arc, involving Luke's first encounter with the Tuscan Raiders, where he runs off crying and has to change his pants?

Or how about the episode where Old Ben The Stalker is around every corner and gets to act all forlorn that he can't hang out with Luke, until he gets chased away and goes back to live all by himself and uh...meditate.

I think it's kinda idiotic to do just Lukes story. He was a farmer with a few friends that joined the Rebellion..woo hoo. :rolleyes: .I think Princess leia's story would be more interesting since she is in the middle of it all right from the start.

I doubt that Luke or any of the Main Movie characters will be in the series in any significance. I've read rumors that there will be NO Skywalkers in it at all.

The story lines will focus on the building of the Empire, the Jedi purge, bounty hunters, the start of the rebellion etc... Things that were always implied in the movies, but never shown.

Note, the main article indicates LOTS of NEW characters. The only reason they mention Luke is because there is a 20 year gap in the movies while Luke is growing up. A lot happened in that 20 years, beyond just Luke.

(OK, somebody beat me to it)

I don't think they're planning on making Luke the main character. (Although I see lots of opportunities for Vader.)

I could see them doing an entire series about Han Solo. (Although if they do, then I'd really like it if he was more of a bad guy. It makes his "redemption" in Star Wars more significant.)

Maybe a "young Peter Cushing" could make some appearances.

Obi-Wan could disapear from his hermit hut on rare occasions, if the mission was really, really important.

There are some things I would like to see out of this story, such as:

- Life of Bobba Fett

- Han And Chewie, and how they meet up

- Were all the jedi killed in ep 3 or do they go out and hunt whatever is remaining?

- More on Darth Vader

- Buildup of the rebels

- thats just a start

- Life of Bobba Fett - Dunno much about this myself.

- Han And Chewie, and how they meet up - Han Solo was an Imperial Officer when he defected to save the life of a Wookie Slave.. Since his rescue Chewbaca feels he owes Han a life dept. Which he unfortunately fulfills in a book =(.

- Were all the jedi killed in ep 3 or do they go out and hunt whatever is remaining? - According to the original story if memory serves Boba Fett helped Vader hunt down and kill the Jedi. So I guess there are a few left.

- More on Darth Vader - He grew 8 Inches and talked like James Earl Jones

- Buildup of the rebels - In the Ep3 DVD there was some footage of the birth of the rebellion by Mon Mothma, Padme, and Bail Organna.

Anyway what I'd love to see is a story after Return of the Jedi, not so much interested in the Vong, but Vice Admiral Thrawn's story.

- Life of Bobba Fett - Dunno much about this myself.

- Han And Chewie, and how they meet up - Han Solo was an Imperial Officer when he defected to save the life of a Wookie Slave.. Since his rescue Chewbaca feels he owes Han a life dept. Which he unfortunately fulfills in a book =(.

- Were all the jedi killed in ep 3 or do they go out and hunt whatever is remaining? - According to the original story if memory serves Boba Fett helped Vader hunt down and kill the Jedi. So I guess there are a few left. There are lots of Jedi spread out across the universe, Vader and the bounty hunters have a lot of work to do in the 20 years before ep IV

- More on Darth Vader - He grew 8 Inches and talked like James Earl Jones

- Buildup of the rebels - In the Ep3 DVD there was some footage of the birth of the rebellion by Mon Mothma, Padme, and Bail Organna.

Really only more like 4 inches, since Christensen is 6'3 and Prowse was 6'7.

Anyway what I'd love to see is a story after Return of the Jedi, not so much interested in the Vong, but Vice Admiral Thrawn's story.

(OK, somebody beat me to it)

I don't think they're planning on making Luke the main character. (Although I see lots of opportunities for Vader.)

I could see them doing an entire series about Han Solo. (Although if they do, then I'd really like it if he was more of a bad guy. It makes his "redemption" in Star Wars more significant.)

Maybe a "young Peter Cushing" could make some appearances.

Obi-Wan could disapear from his hermit hut on rare occasions, if the mission was really, really important.

I think you are pretty much right on. I think Vader may make some cameo's and possibly Ben as well, but I wouldn't be suprised if they were only talked about. Tarkin is probably a character we can count on.

I'd like to see Han and Chewy meet, and then I want to see those two and Lando covered sometime in the series.

Bobba Fett's missing years also needs to be covered. His dad/self gave him some training in the bounty hunter field, but he was orphaned at a rather young age.

I'd also like to see some of Luke and Biggs' history, but not too much.

There will be another trilogy. Granted it will not be out for about

10 years or so.

You guys also need to remember that the period they are talking

about will still have a lot of other Jedi in it. They will be running

around trying to evade the empire. The show will probably

focus on a lot of these "unknown" Jedi. The story lines

could be limitless.

Archived