Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite Comic Book Super Hero Movie?

AbleDanger

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I have to disagree there. I thought Bale did a great job as Batman and a better job as Bruce Wayne. But, Keaton was the better Batman. He suprised everyone. When was the last time you watched the 1989 Batman? If its been a while, I suggest you give it another look. Keaton nailed the demeanor like no one else.

I liked "My life is . . . . . . . . . complicated".

(Ranked right up there with "It can truely be said that I have a Bat in my belfrey.")

I thought Keaton and Nickolson really did a good job of playing crazey off of each other.

(Biggest problem: Keaton's just too small. Heck, he stands behind the Batmobile and all you can see is his "ears".)

That said, I voted for X2, becasue I like the characters and the story.

Definently Batman. Jack Nicholson was just too damn good as the Joker.

I'll agree with Larry though, Keaton was too small to be Batman; Bale looks the part better.

Spiderman 3 and X-Men 3 look pretty promising though.

I liked "My life is . . . . . . . . . complicated".

(Ranked right up there with "It can truely be said that I have a Bat in my belfrey.")

I thought Keaton and Nickolson really did a good job of playing crazey off of each other.

No arguments there.

(Biggest problem: Keaton's just too small. Heck, he stands behind the Batmobile and all you can see is his "ears".)

Keaton didn't have an exceptionally big frame, but the body armor helped sell it.

No arguments there.

Keaton didn't have an exceptionally big frame, but the body armor helped sell it.

I think it helped that he isn't big...makes it more believable that he is just a normal guy...kinda like I think Alec Baldwin was a better choice for Jack Ryan. That is for a different thread though!

I think it helped that he isn't big...makes it more believable that he is just a normal guy...

Batman isn't just a normal guy though, "normal" meaning he has no superpowers sure, but studying martial arts and weapon training around the world for a decade and the strength and abilities that go along with his physical training make him far beyond normal. I'm sorry but if you pick up Batman: Year One, Hush, The Long Halloween, etc., the casting and performances of Batman Begins just blow away the original Batman with Michael Keaton and company. As a starting point for a movie franchise based on the characters in a broad, mainstream appeal, then sure, Tim Burton's concepts are fine, but a 160 pound Batman and a 52 year old Joker aren't exactly true to the art form. While I'd agree Batman Begins had some flaws as well, the direction they are restarting in is much closer to the "real" Batman than Tim Burton's films. There was nothing scary about Michael Keaton's Batman; he was just a short guy in a suit that used goofy weapons like remote control batarangs, whereas Christian Bale's Batman literally seemed like he could scare the life out of any random thug on the street with his overall size and presence in the costume, not to mention his voice (which I know bordered on a little over the top at times, but follows the same vein as the acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series and Batman's voice change when in costume in that show). That all being said, prior to Batman Begins I would agree that the original Batman was among the top 3 in Comic Book Super Hero movies ever, but compared to Batman Begins I don't think it's close now, and with rumors that the Joker is the next villain in the restarted franchise I think we'll finally see the Joker done right on the big screen. Just my :2cents: .

Also, no Sin City as a choice? Or I guess they're not really "super heroes," but even then, I'd put it in my personal top 3 with Batman Begins and Spider-Man 2.

Batman isn't just a normal guy though, "normal" meaning he has no superpowers sure, but studying martial arts and weapon training around the world for a decade and the strength and abilities that go along with his physical training make him far beyond normal. I'm sorry but if you pick up Batman: Year One, Hush, The Long Halloween, etc., the casting and performances of Batman Begins just blow away the original Batman with Michael Keaton and company. As a starting point for a movie franchise based on the characters in a broad, mainstream appeal, then sure, Tim Burton's concepts are fine, but a 160 pound Batman and a 52 year old Joker aren't exactly true to the art form. While I'd agree Batman Begins had some flaws as well, the direction they are restarting in is much closer to the "real" Batman than Tim Burton's films. There was nothing scary about Michael Keaton's Batman; he was just a short guy in a suit that used goofy weapons like remote control batarangs, whereas Christian Bale's Batman literally seemed like he could scare the life out of any random thug on the street with his overall size and presence in the costume, not to mention his voice (which I know bordered on a little over the top at times, but follows the same vein as the acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series and Batman's voice change when in costume in that show). That all being said, prior to Batman Begins I would agree that the original Batman was among the top 3 in Comic Book Super Hero movies ever, but compared to Batman Begins I don't think it's close now, and with rumors that the Joker is the next villain in the restarted franchise I think we'll finally see the Joker done right on the big screen. Just my :2cents: .

Also, no Sin City as a choice? Or I guess they're not really "super heroes," but even then, I'd put it in my personal top 3 with Batman Begins and Spider-Man 2.

While Nolan's Batman might be closer to the real Batman story of the comics; IMO the original Batman is just a better movie.

I thought Nicholson was great as well, even if he took the Joker's character a bit too far.

BB had good casting, but Katie Holmes almost single-handedly ruined the movie for me. Get her ass outta that movie. Gary Oldman as Gordan was a nice touch though.

While Nolan's Batman might be closer to the real Batman story of the comics; IMO the original Batman is just a better movie.

I thought Nicholson was great as well, even if he took the Joker's character a bit too far.

BB had good casting, but Katie Holmes almost single-handedly ruined the movie for me. Get her ass outta that movie. Gary Oldman as Gordan was a nice touch though.

I definitely agree that Katie Holmes was awful, she's an average actress at best and to me it seemed they just made up her character and threw her in the plot to add a bit more mainstream appeal with a female love interest. I was also a little bitter at how she finished off Scarecrow for the movie, I was looking forward to a good confrontation between him and Batman rather than the film pulling the "feminist girl stands up for herself" card to take out the villain. Again, her whole role seemed to just be something to pull women in to see the movie. Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, and especially Michael Caine were all money though. I actually voted for Spider-Man in the poll anyway, and ironically enough I voted for it because it's just the funnest and most exciting movie of the choices given, even though the series doesn't even come close to following the comics anymore. I'm pretty much a hypocrite about this entire poll, it's just that I take Batman more seriously than other super-heroes I guess :D .

To be honest my favorite super hero growing up was Captain America. The movie stunk though. I wish they would make a large budget hollywood flick of it set in WW2.

There are rumors of a Captain America movie in development, but those rumors have been around for awhile now so I don't know. I remember a few years ago Brad Pitt was supposedly behind the project as his favorite superhero is Captain America, but I'm pretty sure that rumor is dead by now.

Sin City was my favorite comic made to a movie. I've never seen another movie have that feel of flipping pages. Something in the use of color and the way the action scenes are shot...I loved it.

Of the choices, I picked the original Batman. Since it was asking for my favorite, not which felt most like the comic books read, the original Batman with Keaton and Nicholson is just great entertainment.

Guest sith lord

Superman: The Movie will always be the benchmark for all comic book movies. The reason it's not doing good in this poll is because everyone is more in love with CGI than a good story. And how dare anyone pick Spiderman over Superman considering the first 2 Spiderman movies were ripoffs of Superman 1 and 2.

Superman: The Movie will always be the benchmark for all comic book movies. The reason it's not doing good in this poll is because everyone is more in love with CGI than a good story. And how dare anyone pick Spiderman over Superman considering the first 2 Spiderman movies were ripoffs of Superman 1 and 2.

I noticed some parallels in the storyline as well. The Superman series is definitely at a disadvantage because of the inferior special effects, but Superman Returns should change that. I think it will be good.

The stories in both of the above Batman movies kick the writing in any of the current Superman movies in the ass.

Archived