Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason Power ranking

Bonef1de

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/nfl-power-rankings130306.php

10. New York Giants

It was hard to tell which Manning was playing for the Giants in the playoffs – Eli, or Peyton? Eli has the benefit of that being his first time, and none of the other first time quarterbacks did well. However, he’ll be ready for next year, and the Giants should challenge for the NFC East again.

11. Washington Redskins

Losing LaVar Arrington is going to hurt, as the Redskins will need someone to step up and fill the hole left on defense. If they want to challenge for the division, they’ll need a much better offense this year. If it wasn’t for some late game collapses by their opponents, they wouldn’t have made the playoffs. I don’t think they’ll be able to make the playoffs next year, unless they pull in one heck of a draft class.

12. San Diego Chargers

Would have been higher, but the expected loss of Drew Brees is going to hurt – a lot. They’re a solid team, but they may struggle under Phillip Rivers’ guidance. Growing pains are never fun to go through, and when you’re playing in a division that’s as strong as the AFC West, it’s unlikely that San Diego will be able to make much noise with an untested quarterback.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/nfl-power-rankings130306.php

11. Washington Redskins

Losing LaVar Arrington is going to hurt, as the Redskins will need someone to step up and fill the hole left on defense. If they want to challenge for the division, they’ll need a much better offense this year. If it wasn’t for some late game collapses by their opponents, they wouldn’t have made the playoffs. I don’t think they’ll be able to make the playoffs next year, unless they pull in one heck of a draft class.

:laugh: :laugh: So funny...odd, losing Arrington for most of the last two years didn't seem to kill our defense. And also strange, I could have sworn we won 5 in a row to make the playoffs, not that we had other teams collapse for us. Oh wait, do they mean the hurting we put on Dallas during that run?;)

On the semi-serious side though, this is one of the "downsides" if you will to widespread internet sports sites, it gives the chance for anyone regardless of their football knowledge the ability to play an nfl expert. Then again Peter King and Pastabelly have been doing that very thing for years now....

I hate analysis' like these. little premature don't you think? This is like when people put up X-mas decorations before it's even Thanksgiving. Relax, and wait until at least after the draft to analyze teams. Just another case of an idiot "sports journalist" with nothing better to do. I heard Pastabelly is looking for someone to clean the food out of his chin folds, maybe the writer could do that, stay occupied 'till summer.

They have us at #11, and out of the 10 teams ahead of them, they are the 5th NFC team

So thus, how do they come to the conclusion that we WILL NOT make the playoffs if we are the 5th best NFC team, and yet, 6 teams go from each confrence?

They have us at #11, and out of the 10 teams ahead of them, they are the 5th NFC team

So thus, how do they come to the conclusion that we WILL NOT make the playoffs if we are the 5th best NFC team, and yet, 6 teams go from each confrence?

LOL basic math skills were not part of the analysis..

You guys really shouldn't pay these clowns any mind what do they know? Half of these so call experts haven't played a down of football in their lives. They were winning games when Lavar wasn't on the field. This will not hurt the defense by any means. Let them think whatever they chose to this team again will prove so call experts wrong.

Too many writers take the "judge a book by its cover" approach. Instead of making stupid blanket statements, maybe they should do a little research first.... :doh:

It sounds great to say that LA's departure would hurt us, but maybe the fact that the guy barely played at all the past 2 seasons and we excelled on defense would have a little more value. Just another mediot :doh:

:laugh: These are the same people who "guaranteed" us that our cap status would prevent us from signing any free agents, and would force us to field at least 25 rookies.

See in Miami suckers!!!

DAMN STRAIGht:cheers: :applause: :notworthy :2cents: :laugh: :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck :logo: :point2sky :helmet: :D

Great sig, HH.

And yeah, that "analysis" was seemingly from a 11-year old boy who thinks it's 2002. LaVar was already replaced, numbnuts! Late season collapse? What the hell? It's like he doesn't actually watch football. Strange. I hope the folks at "realfootball365" didn't pay for that expert opinion! :laugh:

Did anyone else notice that he says the Giants will compete for the east again, the Cowboys are going to compete for the east after how they showed last year, and also the eagles will be in the run for the play-offs? The redskins, who went to the play-offs, who went further then any of the NFC east teams, and who is improving this offseason, isnt going to make it but all the other NFC east teams have a good shot? Give... Me... A... Break...

oh man, consider the the source . . . that guy is a serious scrub . . .

i don't think it's too disrespectful to be at #11 . . . a lot of that is based off of last season . . . the skins are going to be better this year, barring injuries at QB . . .

I agree, its not too disrespectful, the biggest problem I have is that the giants, who we went further then, the cowboys, who we swept and did not make the playoffs, the Eagles, who we swept and went 6 and 10, are all in the running for the playoffs, but we arent?

Archived